Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
LC's Customs- Updated! Minotaur Stampede 01/09/19

After looking at many of the incredible custom figures in these threads I decided to give it a shot myself.

07/01/10: OP under construction as I simplify it for page loading speed.

09/22/09 & 01/05/10: Moved most of my older customs here (pg. 10, post #119). This page was starting to take a little while to load.

04/27/09: I reduced the size of the thumbnails of my older stuff to condense space.
With the minuscule number of Minotaur customs out there I realize I may be in the minority concerning my love of minotaurs. Or maybe it is the difficulty of conveying the raw power of the minotaur and still keeping them sub- B+ units.

I have been working on a Minotaur faction. Here are the two Common Squads I have planned- 1 Melee and 1 Ranged.

The Unique Hero and Unique Squad that follow Jandar are pretty far along in the process and am quite happy with where they are...

I realize there is a bonding chain. I have gone back and forth about it. I decided to go with it since it will trigger no more than once per round and that only if the "X" OM is on Brorok. I would be happy to hear any pros or cons about the chain.

My goal is for none of the faction to exceed B+ ranking with the exception of maybe one (who is yet to come). I am aiming for them to be in the C to B+ range.

You can join the discussion HERE

Quote:
The land of Bresmoore could ask for no better guardians than the Drakebourne brothers- Talyanar and Balyanar. Twin brothers who had done everything else together in life now protected their homeland together. Even among the elite Skye Guard they were known for their valiance and selflessness in battle.

The day came, though, that comes in the life of every warrior- they met an enemy they could not stand against. As they watched their Skye Guard brethren fall around them, Balyanar came to a doom ridden decision. Willing to do whatever was necessary to protect his beloved Bresmoore, he sought the help of Aumvys, a witch who had a reputation of delivering on your requests, but always at a steep price. True to her reputation, Aumvys gave Balyanar the power he needed to turn back the encroaching enemy. The price, however, was more terrible than Balyanar could have ever conceived. As time went by a darkness crept into his soul. The valiant and selfless protector of Bresmoore began to fade and in his place was an angry, cruel and violent man with all the power still that had enabled him to defeat the invading enemy. He soon became worse than the enemy he had sought the witch’s help to defeat. As his brother Talyanar watched him begin to heave violence and grief upon the land, he knew there was only one terrible solution- help his brother, and the land, find peace through his brother’s death. The brothers locked in battle and Talyanar won a bitter victory, but he was afforded no time to mourn his brother. His brother’s death merely freed that which was within him, reanimating him into a harbinger of death.

With a vengeance Talyanar hunted the thing which had at one time been his brother. He still desired to free his brother from this unsought curse, but now, more than ever, he also wanted to bring justice’s swift wrath upon all that had the taint of the darkness that had defiled his brother and wreaked havoc upon the land he and brother had both loved and had both sworn to protect.

His quest for justice mingled with his desire for vengeance ultimately lead him to where the evil that was now Balyanar was for a final showdown. As they clashed in that terrible last battle, those who watched transfixed below saw the sky filled with a blinding flash of light, and the brothers were gone...
The bio says all it needs to about Talyanar's card...

Release of the Valiant gives a fitting end to the saga of the Drakebourne brothers as death finally frees Balyanar from the evil that had possessed him but only for time as his human body succumbs to the forces exerted upon it by the evil from within.

Talyanar is pretty straight forward. I wanted to avoid any bonding loops so for Lead the Valiant to work it does require an OM on Talyanar and squaddies moved with the ability can ONLY move, not attack. It also requires some fore thought. If not careful, March of Justice can render Strength of the Valiant useless if Talyanar gets too far ahead of his squaddies. Still, he is pretty potent with KoW. After play testing with an army of just him with KoW and 4th Mass I am considering upping his points (of course it was also againt an army of strictly Utgar and Valkrill units so March for Justice was used constantly).

I am trying to refine Balyanar. I wanted a figure who's ability to use an opponent's figure for a last hurrah made him desirable, but with an ability that made him a risky prospect (Release the Valiant). It worked really well. In the second of only two games I played with him, he was down to 1 life so I tried to take him out with one of my own to prevent Release the Valiant from being used. For once I rolled all shields My opponent, thankfully, rolled a 4 so Release the Valiant still didn't trigger.

If you have any thoughts (especially concerning Balyanar) please share. You can join the discussion here.

One thing that has got me back semi-actively playing scape is the fact that my two oldest sons are almost 12 and 9- great ages to really learn and play scape.

After introducing them to the game they wanted to play with some of my creations. We fielded the Glass Golem (which was one of the last units I designed) and a new unit- Scarecrow.

I can’t rightly say that I play tested them. It was more of just having fun with my boys. However, they have seen some action on the battlefield that was helpful to me as far as tweaking some things.

First, SCARECROW
Spoiler Alert!

I am posting two units at once (shame on me )since she has previously been a topic of discussion here.
Spoiler Alert!

Join the discussion here

The Clockwork reliquary is an intriguing figure from Pathfinders Battles. It definitely has a unique backstory that could be applied since it is a reliquary. Anyhow, i have been brainstorming some and have thoughts on it and would like to see what others think could be done with this thing.

I originally thought of making a single card with general specific abilities but then moved to a card for each general with those specific abilities. It is still a unique hero so you couldn't have one that follows Jandar in your army if you already have one that follows Ullar. This is still just a brainstorm so feel free to critique the concept and offer your own ideas for this unique sculpt.
Spoiler Alert!

You can join the discussion here
Wow! It has been a long time. I haven't played 'scape in a looong time and haven't opened my customs folder for even longer. However, the Glass Golem and the Harbingers of Valkrill are so close to being finished that I need to take care of them.

Having been away from the game for so long I definitely will value any and all help finishing up these two units.
Spoiler Alert!

You can join the discussion for each of these units here

The Sisters of Weston Abbey, whose patron had been Sir Denrick, did what they could to help those who most needed it. They soon realized, however, that much more needed to be done than what they could do from within the walls of the Abbey.

Taking up the swords left behind by their brother knights and the vows to defend the defenseless the Sisters of Weston Abbey soon came to the attention of the same baron who had lead his swarthy army against the valiant Knights of Weston at the River Lorie. Concealed in the darkness of night, the treacherous baron lead a group of merciless killers and infiltrated the abbey. Although the baron met his end that night at the hands of the sister's Mother Superior, the battle was not to be theirs.

Before the end, however, Jandar again intervened and reunited the Sisters of Weston Abbey with the knights who had for so long defended them and their land against the tyranny of evil.

Now, instead of letting Sir Denrick and his knights risk all in the cause of what is right alone, the Sisters of Weston Abbey have hung up their habits and donned more appropriate dress for their new mission- to fight along side their former benefactors and brothers to stem the evil hordes that threaten to take over Valhalla.
Spoiler Alert!

You can join the discussion (and see the original sisters) here.

Misspelled Units Series #5: The Capuchin Gladiators
Spoiler Alert!

You can join the discsussion for these guys beginning here.

Here are the others from the series:
Spoiler Alert!

Gryph Glyphter
Spoiler Alert!

The animated card was inspired by spiteofthedice.

Join in the discussion about him. It begins here.

I went different with this guy than I had originally started and different than any custom I have done before- there are no original abilities on this card. There were many great suggestions for this guy from fellow scapers but the one from The B.I.V. caught my attention. So, here is Goyd, the Giant Ogre, using abilities from the Frost Giant of Morh and Shurrak.

The discussion for this guy starts here.
Spoiler Alert!

You can join the discussion about them here.
HARBINGERS BACK ON WORKTABLE
Seeing as a large number of Aquilla units rely on the d20 I thought a slight boost for those figs might be thematic for an Aquilla unit.
Join in the discussion about Ayrgad here.

Selynna the Kyrie Warrior
Looking over the Aquilla units, there are only a couple of ranged figures. Since the majority of Aquilla units are melee, I thought a limited boost in speed would be helpful.
You can join in the discussion about her here.

Join the discussion here and let me know how I can improve her.

PRESENTLY BACK ON THE WORKTABLE
This is the Black Knight fig from Heroclix. When I saw him I immediately thought, "A knight for Vydar!" The discussion starts here. Please join in as I have some undecided questions about him and would love to hear other scapers' advice.

You can join the discussion about this guy here.

If you have thoughts on theor power or points or anything else, join the discussion here.

Click here to join the discussion on these guys.
So, behold, Harold T. Guzzler...

I think he compliments this guy...

...rather well.

Try one or both of them out if you just want to have a great time with friends and 'scape. I know from experience that Total Fruitcake will give his player a bellyache from the eating and the other players a bellyache from laughing.

Tenzen: A Ninja leader along the lines of what Kato is to the Samurai (an Isamu repaint with another sword from an Izumi). His discussion starts here.

The Incarnations is a series if figs based on various themes. They are the "incarnations" of different abstract ideas or intangibles. The three groups I have so far in the Incarnations Series are The Seven Deadly Sins which is complete. The Seven Virtues which is just getting started and The Four Seasons, which is just getting started as well.

If you have any thoughts on these figures or ideas for future Incarnations let me know.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
CHAOS

ENTROPY

MADNESS

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
WINTER AND THE HIBERNAL TROOPS
Spoiler Alert!

SUMMER AND THE AESTIVAL TROOPS
Spoiler Alert!

SPRING AND THE VERNAL TROOPS
Spoiler Alert!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

DREAMBLADE INTERACTIVE TERRAIN
I got several of the "structure" pieces from the Dreamblade game...
Spoiler Alert!

If you have any thoughts on the Citadel of Torture or ideas for the other pieces be sure to let me know.

1,001 ARABIAN NIGHTS
Spoiler Alert!

MISCELLANEOUS

Isao Machii
This is a Samurai based on a real life guy. If you have time to be blown away by crazy sword skill watch these...

and
The fig used is an Izumi Samurai repaint

Kirtani Hammer Maiden

Thornhusk
Tree Nymph

Sharpshooter
Spotter

Lord Cardan
Sir Dredwyn

Jaylynn the Kyrie Warrior
Jaylynn the Kyrie Warrior repaint close-up
Spoiler Alert!

Kabuki
Scarab
Spoiler Alert!

Negatus Carnivorus

Azacca

MY OLDER CUSTOMS

ARTIFACT SETS
Ardegh's Healer
Ardegh's Mighty Two Hander
Ardegh's Amulet
Ardegh's Helmet

Phaila's Legacy
Phaila's Slash of Faith
Phaila's Boots of Faith
Phaila's Shield of Faith

THE SISTERS OF WESTON ABBEY
The Sisters of Weston Abbey
Venerable Sister Agnes
Venerable Sister Rebecca
Mother Superior

THE CYCLOPS ARMY
Tarin Moll- The Cyclops Shaman
Boq Berek- The Cyclops Warrior
Krellin Sarth- The Cyclops Warrior
Molik Karn- The Cyclops Warlord

THE SKORNE SAMURAI
Warlord Hira Suzuwa
Gairu Kamato
Ancestral Guardians
Makeda Samurai
Yamatu Samurai

THE GUN MAGES
After watching the movie Equilibrium I got the idea for these units. When I happened upon the figs I couldn't ask for a better incentive to get them done.
Captain Carrington
Captain Granger
Lt. Josh Bender
Sgt. "Bones" Jones
Regiment 13
Regiment 13 Black
Tara Rossi

THE DJINN (GENIES)
Spoiler Alert!
Imszu
Kaddiel
Xi Fan
Sadiyah

THE WORD MAGES
Spoiler Alert!
Denryth the Word Master
Aleera the Music Mage
Music 1
Music 2
Evron Ezar the Scroll Master
Scrolls 1
Scrolls 2
Zevrin 'Lar the Storyteller
Story 1
Story 2

MISSPELLED CHARACTER SERIES
Amused at how some of the HS characters' names are misspelled on the forums I thought I would make some figs out of some of the funnier ones.
Tealord
Dreadgulls
The Projectors of Ullar
Elite Onyx Wipers

TRIBUTE TO THE MASTERS
Spoiler Alert!

OUTSIDE OF THE BOX CUSTOMS
Spoiler Alert!

THE NHAH SCIRH
The Nhah Scirh are an Icarian cult bent on the destruction of all dragon-kind. It is from them that Jandar rescued Nilfheim moments before his death at their hands.

The Nhah Scirh Masters
Ch' Taladur
Ch' Taia
Ryhk

The Nhah Scirh Warriors

The Assassins
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

The Scouts
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

The Swarmers
Spoiler Alert!

The Nhah Scirh Swarmers

The Nhah Scirh Beasts
Chahn
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Kirsch Tol

THE THARN
These are a race (and miniatures) taken from a game called Hordes Primal

Wolfrider Captain
Ravagers
Ravager Whitemane
Ravager Shaman
Blood Weavers
Bloodtrackers
Bloodtracker Captain

Make sure you check out my older stuff here (post #119).

Last edited by Lamaclown; January 9th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lamaclown's Customs

This is a really solid figure with a unique ability. I rather like it Lamaclown. I think you should leave Senach's attack at three- since it's boost-able to six as is. Seven attack is rare and extremely mighty in Heroscape, where six is at least a little more common. As for points, I'm not shore either without playing him a few times, but 150 sounds like a good start. Remember as a Darklord Senach can bond with the Wolves of Badru.

Thanks for sharing this custom! Look forward to seeing more.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Smile Re: Lamaclown's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
I think you should leave Senach's attack at three- since it's boost-able to six as is. Seven attack is rare and extremely mighty in Heroscape, where six is at least a little more common.
That's what I was thinking when I gave him a 3 attack. I guess I'll leave his attack alone.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this custom! Look forward to seeing more.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM

My second shot at a custom.
His name is Ryn'seel. He is an elf who fights for Vydar. You can see him in detail in the OP.

Last edited by Lamaclown; April 9th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Azacca the Voodoo Priest
See him in detail in the OP

Last edited by Lamaclown; April 9th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice customs.

As far as Ryn'seel goes, he's cool, but 5 special powers might be pushing it. You may want to cut it down to three, then they will all fit on one side.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Nice customs.

As far as Ryn'seel goes, he's cool, but 5 special powers might be pushing it. You may want to cut it down to three, then they will all fit on one side.
I redid Ryn'seel. Thanks for the input. I got rid of the Piercing Plasma Bolt, it was just Fire Line renamed anyway.

I also added Pyre. See him in detail in the OP

Last edited by Lamaclown; April 9th, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Buggane, see him in the OP

Last edited by Lamaclown; April 9th, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM

Cheeslord Woo who?

I love the figure. As far as the powers go, pretty cool, although more of a glass ninja than the Deathwalkers - a 6 dice AoE attack will ... make people sad ... if he can survive long enough to use it (and not get engaged by a single Nagrub)

Just to check, according to the way the rules are written, he can only gain one rage marker per ROUND (i.e. when all players have executed all their order markers), so he's going to be quite vulnerable for quite a long time before he can get off his mega-attack. Maybe he should charge slightly faster. (similarly with Ryn'seel, a whole round is a long time to spend charging 1 token when you can end up spending 3 in 1 turn).

Keep up the good work!

Mark.

P.S. Also perhaps Buggane should be immune to his own special attack?
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeslord View Post
I love the figure. As far as the powers go, pretty cool, although more of a glass ninja than the Deathwalkers - a 6 dice AoE attack will ... make people sad ... if he can survive long enough to use it (and not get engaged by a single Nagrub)
Oh, bugger. I meant to change him to a unique hero with 4 Life before posting him... thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Just to check, according to the way the rules are written, he can only gain one rage marker per ROUND (i.e. when all players have executed all their order markers), so he's going to be quite vulnerable for quite a long time before he can get off his mega-attack. Maybe he should charge slightly faster. (similarly with Ryn'seel, a whole round is a long time to spend charging 1 token when you can end up spending 3 in 1 turn).
Since the attack is so powerful I was trying to balance it, I may have overbalanced I guess. I'll work on a different mechanic for "charging" and see what I can come up with.

Quote:
Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much for the advice and the encouragement.
Old January 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Zombie Bait *glass shatters*

Those are pretty nice.
Old January 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Bait View Post
Those are pretty nice.
Thanks.
I just happen to be getting ready to post this zombie when you posted. How coincidental...

See Colonel Kildare in the OP

Last edited by Lamaclown; April 9th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards