Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 16th, 2020, 01:14 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Trying to do a count since that's technically what this topic is for! Just counting for this year because otherwise I'd go insane.

40 C3G Commission
1 Imperial Assualt Thrawn
2 Death May Die Byakhee
4 C3G Unreleased figures
1 C3G Venom Pigeon
2 Death May Die Fire Vampires
5 Death May Die Cultists
7 7th Continent Adventurers

TOTAL: 62

So that's 56 models, unless I'm missing some. Been a crazy year so was hoping to get more done, but that still seems like a lot!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; November 12th, 2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old October 16th, 2020, 06:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Got you updated. 56 is alot of models to paint. Im just nuts with my plasticrack addiction. I just have developed some techniques that are quick, look great, and work for me. Otherwise Id have similar counts per year. Im at close to 1000 this year alone. Before that it took me close to 8 years to do the other ones. This year I havent worked out really at all, and neglected other hobbies to do so. So as long as you stay excited about the hobby is all that matters.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 16th, 2020, 09:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Oh yeah definitely. I get an hour break at work most days so few months back I decided to make a portable paint kit and mostly paint there now. Sure it's only 45 mins at a time (Still gotta eat!) but I get to paint most days now. Was way to difficult to paint at home consistently with the kids.
Old October 16th, 2020, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Oh yeah definitely. I get an hour break at work most days so few months back I decided to make a portable paint kit and mostly paint there now. Sure it's only 45 mins at a time (Still gotta eat!) but I get to paint most days now. Was way to difficult to paint at home consistently with the kids.
I have a designated workspace for my solo gaming/painting. My daughter is 9 yrs old, so she doesnt bother my hobby space while she plays video games in the mancave. Im also an insomniac so I get most of my painting done while I should be asleep.

Old October 19th, 2020, 03:51 PM
...has moist legs

Updated with another 7th Continent and unreleased C3G figure! Also I miscounted my 7th Continent minis.

Here's my latest!

Old November 9th, 2020, 12:19 AM
"like" happy

Going through a bunch of minis while reorganizing my mancave and decided to paint a few models I've 3d printed. I did my custom squatch squad, a star wars legion dewback rider, then painted up a couple of fdm printed Hill giants. Finished it off with painting my resin WoSaGa figure I printed the other day. I printed an enlarged WoSaGa figure on my fdm printer awhile back and started painting it too. That only adds 9 models to my total. I'm trying to perfect a easy to do, version of Marro skin. I have 12 squads of Marro Drones I've printed, along with a replacement Marro Hive. I also plan on printing up at least 6 squads of marro dividers, if not just go for 10 squads. I want to make painting them easy, while looking good.

Last edited by TREX; November 9th, 2020 at 01:31 AM.
Old November 9th, 2020, 02:54 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If all goes to plan tonight, I'll be adding another 15 models to my completed count since the last time I posted here.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old November 9th, 2020, 05:48 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
If all goes to plan tonight, I'll be adding another 15 models to my completed count since the last time I posted here.
Awesome. I love waging war on my pile of shame. Ive been doing alot of 3d printing lately instead of painting, and now I have way more stuff to paint. I am planning on giving away a few hundred miniatures to thin out some of my more random or less played with ones. Unfortunately those are mostly prepainted ones. My brother will be quite happy. Im giving him a few hundred starwars miniatures wotc figures along with some dnd, mage knight, and heroclix.

Old November 12th, 2020, 04:20 PM
...has moist legs

Finished up my base game explorers for 7th Continent (still have to spray-seal them). Moving on to the expansion explorers, then I'm going to paint the creatures and hot air balloon and stuff.
Old November 16th, 2020, 11:19 AM

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add 32 to my count. To be 100% honest, 18 of them just needed 1-2 little spots painted, and 8 of the other 14 were half painted anyway, so it wasn't like it was a big effort.

Now I just need to wait for the weather to warm up so I can seal and base.

I think all the in progress stuff that I wanted to finish is done, there's some Warmachine that I have half done, but that game is on the backburner for now. I have 8 models on my table that are primed and ready to go for ArcWorlde over the next week.

Old November 16th, 2020, 11:58 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
Add 32 to my count. To be 100% honest, 18 of them just needed 1-2 little spots painted, and 8 of the other 14 were half painted anyway, so it wasn't like it was a big effort.

Now I just need to wait for the weather to warm up so I can seal and base.

I think all the in progress stuff that I wanted to finish is done, there's some Warmachine that I have half done, but that game is on the backburner for now. I have 8 models on my table that are primed and ready to go for ArcWorlde over the next week.
Nice. A little trick I do for cold weather is quickly spray the figures outside with my matte clearcoat, then immediately rush them inside and place them next to a heater. It cures the paint and sealer no problem that way. I have snow already at my place here in Idaho but plan to paint and seal all winter.

Old November 16th, 2020, 12:25 PM

Last year, I had a large paper bag and I put it over my white washer and dryer and sprayed primer and then clearcoat in that. I might do that again, but it's also looking like this weekend might hit the mid 60's, so I'm hoping I can get my matte clearcoat in the mail before then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General