Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 7th, 2020, 10:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I don't use a magnifying glass, no. Never tried one, maybe it'd help.

CMON minis are great, been really enjoying my Death May Die minis (Also highly recommended game, similar fast pace to Zombicide but I like the mechanics better!)
I do love CMON minis. I wish I could get some of the games to the table more though. Rising suns minis are insane cool but it requires at least 3 players to play. I got the kickstarter all in for minis. When I have that many people over they just want to play something they know that I dont have to teach them. I have the retail bloodrage and also ks the new ankh all in but not sure how often they will get played due to all the other stuff I have available to play. Im a fan of ancient mythologies though so I couldnt pass on all the cool japanese, norse, and egyptian models they have. After posting my new count I painted a custom ratchet and clank 3d print and started painting some axegrinders of burning forge that just came off my resin printer. 4 squads of those primed and getting them painted. Resin is so nice to paint compared to fdm prints. Ill probably have those done this evening after work. Im taking a small break from painting zombicide minis. Cleansing the palette so I can go in and paint the last zcide modern box and the survivors from the angry neighbors box. Those starwars legion mandalorian resin prints were super fun to paint. I tried using a magnifying glass years ago. I didnt care much for it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 7th, 2020, 10:57 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I really wanted Rising Sun since I'm a sucker for japanese mythology and samurai and such, but I have a pretty hard rule that I only buy games that can be played 2 player. My game group is too inconsistent and my wife plays with me at least.

But this last year I've barely played anything since our second kid born last year is a huge handful.
Old October 7th, 2020, 11:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I really wanted Rising Sun since I'm a sucker for japanese mythology and samurai and such, but I have a pretty hard rule that I only buy games that can be played 2 player. My game group is too inconsistent and my wife plays with me at least.

But this last year I've barely played anything since our second kid born last year is a huge handful.
When I back games on kickstarter. Mainly CMON games. Its for the miniatures first, then the gameplay, then the player count. I late backed Ankh. I didnt know how much itd get played but wow, those egyptian god minis are insane cool looking. At the very least it can fall to the category of possible scape conversion. my rationale for miniature purchases since the beginning.

Old October 7th, 2020, 03:59 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Death May Die looks worth it just for the minis. I love the Lovecraftian theme, descent into madness and tentacle monsters is very cool. I like the look of the minis in Cthulu Wars but it seems like a big price tag for what the game actually is, the minis are great in that too though.

I had a magnifying glass with a clamp which was nice but all of the minis I have done recently haven't required one (I just finished a DnD Feral troll which is the same sculpt as the Heroscape one). What do you use for a light source? I am thinking about getting one of those white-light bar lights that clamp onto your table since the lighting in our apartment is trash.
Old October 7th, 2020, 04:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Everything I hear about Cthulhu Wars says it's a really great game, but you need 3+ players and if you want to collect everything it's approximately 6 million dollars. I'm a sucker for anything Lovecraft though.

I use a normal desk lamp, but I have a fancy-ish light bulb. Half the time I paint at work on my lunch breaks since time at home is at a premium, and I don't use anything aside from room lights there.
Old October 7th, 2020, 08:14 PM
"like" happy

I used to use a standard desk lamp but installed a big led shop light above my solo/coop game table/painting table in my mancave. Its 5000 lumens of magnificence. It hangs from the ceiling and can be found at walmart for about 20 bucks.

Old October 8th, 2020, 12:48 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Oh wow maybe I need to check that out, our living room in our apartment is where I paint and there isn't any overhead lighting so I only paint during choice hours where the light coming in through the window is the best.
Old October 8th, 2020, 01:55 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Oh wow maybe I need to check that out, our living room in our apartment is where I paint and there isn't any overhead lighting so I only paint during choice hours where the light coming in through the window is the best.
Here's a link for the one i have. There are other options too.
Link to the light Works fantastic.

Old October 8th, 2020, 05:32 PM

That light looks nice. I just ordered an LED bar light with a table clamp but if I might get that as well since we are sick of having to light the apartment with lamps and candles, although it is a nice atmosphere for late night movie watching.

In other news, I am starting three DnD hunting drakes today and Yochlol, handmaiden to Lolth. Yochlol is a gross Lovecraftian-esque blob monster that will be a great chance to practice some wet blending as it is something I don't have a whole lot of experience in.
Old October 8th, 2020, 05:49 PM

skeleton 3.jpg

skeleton 1.jpg

So this is my first attempt at posting pictures here but hopefully my DnD skeletons will show up, I did three of them all the same way.

Edit: I don't think I did it right but I'm not sure why.

Last edited by Figure; October 9th, 2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old October 11th, 2020, 03:44 AM
"like" happy

Got some more painting done. Finished up 16 Axegrinders of Burning Forge that I printed off of my Resin Printer, a print of Ratchet and Clank, and 7 more droids for Star Wars Legion. 1707+24=1731 Needed a small break from zombies.

Old October 11th, 2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Recently got an airbrush and have basecoated a couple times with it. Definitely need more practice since I never can seem to get the consistency right. The compressor doesn't have adjustable pressure either which doesn't help, but it's packed up now due to life and losing the space I had it set up in.

Getting back into my 7th Continent models. For those who don't know, these minis are TINY!

Yeah I had to order a new compressor that has adjustable PSI because I was using this cheap little one my girlfriend uses when she does makeup on people and it never sprayed how I wanted it to. I tried thicker and thinner paints tried the "Skim milk" consistency eveyone says to do and nothing worked. Plus, my tattoo artist just gave my a couple of nice Bagder airbrushes and the hose they use doesn't work on that little compressor anyway.

Also, TREX, you are a machine!

~ May you always find water and shade

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General