Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 21st, 2020, 03:27 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Painted Miniature counts

I've painted 34 Malifaux 2E figures (Rasputina's crew and the Guild), and one Gloomhaven character so far. I took a long hiatus from painting after Malifaux and am just getting back into it. The Gloomhaven spellweaver is my next mini to paint.
35 Total
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
I've painted 34 Malifaux 2E figures (Rasputina's crew and the Guild), and one Gloomhaven character so far. I took a long hiatus from painting after Malifaux and am just getting back into it. The Gloomhaven spellweaver is my next mini to paint.
35 Total
Awesome. I almost bought into Malifaux after seeing their awesome looking figures at a Flgs after a Heroscape tournament. At the time I was buying up boosters for Star wars imperial assault for its skirmish mode. Gloomhaven has always been one of those games that I have thought about getting but just dont on account of all the other games I have with a similar theme. Ill put up your numbers. Look forward to seeing what else you get into.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:44 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

For sure! Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion is kind of a more condensed quicker way to play and I think it goes for 60$ (currently a Target exclusive) vs Gloomhavens 160$ and you get some good minis out of it as well. I'll probably start some Ultramarines soon as well.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@The_X_Marker . Got your score update and checked out the links. Thanks for putting those in. Super cool to be able to just check out other games that way. I love beer and pretzels type games. I think that is why I like games like zombicide so much. Lots of dice chucking and fun with a bit of strategy here and there. As far as skirmish games go, I have a few so far.
Walking dead: all out war/call to arms. They use the same models. All out war is more for coop or solo play and call to arms has been revamped a little for a better pvp experience. I highly recommend this game. Especially call to arms.
Frostgrave: Ive picked up all the supplement books for this and just recently their 2.0 version. This is a miniature agnostic game and is super fun if you like fantasy with your main characters as spellcasters. Really fun game for one offs but shines even more if you play a campaign.
Wrath of kings: I bought up a bunch of these recently. 3 factions worth. The game is pretty simple looking but havent tabled it yet. The models are fantastic though. I have a weakness for great looking models on the cheap.
Runewars: same as wrath of kings. Great minis, decent looking game, on the cheap. Bought most of everything for this game.
Fallout wasteland warfare: looks amazing, I have the starter set but havent got to play it yet or paint it. Models arent a great deal for expansions so it hasnt got the attention it probably deserves yet.
Starwars Legion- bought tons of this game. All four factions. Its what has driven my painted model count so high. Awesome game. Not a great deal on price though. Luckily I printed a ton of stuff for this on my resin printer and fdm printer as well as buying it. If you love star wars and wargaming it doesnt get better than this one.

I know there are tons of great skirmish games but Im trying to dial it down a little there. Ive been looking at kings of war and kings of war vanguard because I can use a bunch of my minis I already have but havent pulled the trigger. Mini agnostic games have a great appeal to plasticrack addicts like myself. Ive been focusing lately on games I can leave set up in my mancave and play through them either solo or coop. This really is the time of wargaming with all that there is to offer out there.

Old September 21st, 2020, 04:08 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
For sure! Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion is kind of a more condensed quicker way to play and I think it goes for 60$ (currently a Target exclusive) vs Gloomhavens 160$ and you get some good minis out of it as well. I'll probably start some Ultramarines soon as well.
Last time I did a rough count I had more than 10,000 minis counting unpainted, prepainted, and ones that I painted. I have three all in kickstarters coming in as well that arent part of that number and also got another 15 miniatures in the mail today. These were zombicide black plague ks exclusives I picked up from a seller in hong kong that was selling factory duplicates for cheap. My only suprise is that my wife does not kill me in my sleep. Ill have to check that out though. Gloomhaven looks incredibly fun, I just need to have it replace something instead of add to the mountain of shame.

Old September 21st, 2020, 04:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah gotta say that Gloomhaven is the best-design dungeon crawler out there. It's not a dice-rolling fest, so it fits in a collection along with other dungeon crawlers, but it's seriously the best. Not TOO many minis in it to paint either. I've only painted the figures we've used so far so I have a lot of those to do as well.
Old September 21st, 2020, 05:50 PM

Yeah same here, I don't want spoilers.
Old September 21st, 2020, 05:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The Gloomhaven minis aren't quite the same quality as CMON or some others unfortunately. But still had fun with the few I've done.

I linked my Instagram page in my signature, I usually fairly regularly have pics of stuff I've painted. Not much lately as we have someone living in my office for the time being which is where I have my picture taking studio, but I'm going to set it up elsewhere pretty soon!
Old September 21st, 2020, 06:19 PM
"like" happy

If I remember correctly, I thought there were tons of cardboard standees for the baddies in gloomhaven. If I play it in the future I would for sure have to use proxy minis I have instead of the standees. I dont have instagram but do plan on sharing all my minis in my custom paint and mods thread on here eventually. Id upload pics more often here if it wasnt such a pain to do so.

Old September 21st, 2020, 06:31 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've actually been using HeroScape/D&D minis for the Gloomhaven enemies. It works out super nice, a lot of the minis fit in just fine.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 21st, 2020, 09:08 PM

I don't mind the standees and there are,I believe, several hundred baddies all together in the game. Using minis would give me a reason to open Castle Ravenloft though.
Old September 21st, 2020, 09:31 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
900 units with a million more well on the way?

I've done 6 unpainted minis and recolored 6 prepainted figures. I do enjoy painting though; it's somehow both therapeutic and stressful at the same time. Listening to podcasts helps pass the time.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General