Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 22nd, 2017, 02:11 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
How would I go about getting minis painted?

So if I have a mini that I want painted, but none of my friends can paint minis, and I can't, how would I get it painted? Like is there an online service you guys know of? Or should I put an ad in the newspaper?

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old January 22nd, 2017, 05:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: How would I go about getting minis painted?

Do you know anyone that reads the newspaper. you can usually find freelance artists that do it online. That can be pricey. I paint minis and my best advice to you is grab some craft paints and watch a youtube video. Its easier than you think to do it yourself. Unless money is not an obstacle for you.
Check @orgsbane he paints for cash. I still have thousands (literally) of minis at my house that one day will get paint.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

This is the method I use: The Dip

If you can color a coloring book you can follow this method. It is also quite cheep, the paints should only be a dollar per color, you can get cheep paint brushes, and the Dip is only 5 bucks.

You can see some of my examples: AotP and Ruiner

However, I would not fault you for looking into orgsbane repaints. They are amazing!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:46 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
So if I have a mini that I want painted, but none of my friends can paint minis, and I can't, how would I get it painted? Like is there an online service you guys know of? Or should I put an ad in the newspaper?
Thanks for the mention TREX! And thank you for the praise wriggz .

I'd love to do some painting for you, just keep in mind that if it's just one small figure it'll probably cost more to just ship it back and forth than to actually pay for the commission . If it's a regular ol' Heroscape sized figure, I tend to charge around $3 a mini, but that can change. I got examples of my work and my trade thread in my signature is case you are still interested!

Like wriggz said though, if you want to start painting stuff yourself, that's awesome! I love the hobby, it's a great way to wind down after a crazy day of school/work.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:22 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the replies everyone! @wriggz , I checked out the dip method and it looks like I might be able to do it, so I'll have to try it sometime!
@orgsbane Yeah, shipping charges are the work of Utgar. If I ever have a lot of minis I need painted and don't want to screw up, you are gonna be who I come to. You can probably expect to hear from me in the future!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! @wriggz , I checked out the dip method and it looks like I might be able to do it, so I'll have to try it sometime!
@orgsbane Yeah, shipping charges are the work of Utgar. If I ever have a lot of minis I need painted and don't want to screw up, you are gonna be who I come to. You can probably expect to hear from me in the future!
Heh, that they are. If you do end up painting it yourself, be sure to post some pics

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions