Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 6th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Dredd'verse workshop

Well my leftbox interests were about how she’d fit into armies mechanically anyway. You cleared up any concerns I had about the vampirism and why it’s working how it is. The other two powers are reuses, right?

My one concern is that with 5 life and a healing power (albiet a weak one) 6 defense might be a tad stout. Is she heavily armored? Superhumanly dexterious? If not, at your projected cost, 5 defense may be a better call.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 6th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

My one concern would be that, at 3 attack, she could be a little toothless without some sort of boost...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As a Bounty Hunter she tends to capture her prey so it fits that she does not blow away her target.

It is intentional that she he is hard to kill but not a huge offensive threat. She outlasts her foe and keeps chipping away.

If she is coming in too tough, we can tweak her stats.

She survives a conflict with the most skilled assassins in the universe so she is no slouch.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:44 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK. Btw, you just showed how theme and mechanics are inexorably intertwined, so asking folks to chime in on one and not the other is fairly impossible.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 6th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Ah, I also forgot the attack boost she's getting against her Bounty, so 3 attack should be fine!
That being said, 7 defence against her bounty feels like it may be a tad much...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:49 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I guess I meant more specific themes like Race and Class.
If I am unsure I mention it but when I say Nemesis is a Warlock or Red Durham is not a Mutant it is because I know what they are.

Johnny is certainly a Lawman and Wulf a Warrior. I could see Red as a Lawman or an Outcast, especially depending on timing. I am leaning towards Lawman as that is the time period I am shooting for here and it helps to tie together the Bounty Hunter faction.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:54 AM

I'd agree that the Mutant argument got a bit over the top there.

Old August 6th, 2018, 12:28 PM

I just get bummed out sometimes. I see all these cool discussions going on in various workshop threads, so I bump Red Durham thinking maybe I would get some fresh ideas on her mechanics and I get another race debate instead.

Coming off of 10 hours of sleep at Gen Con, I was not loving it.
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I didn't weigh in much on the mechanics because the design feels pretty polished to me, and I couldn't remember what your stance was on the species - people were already talking about it when I got here, so I assumed it was somewhat up in the air.

Like I said from the start, you know the world best and I'm happy following your lead, T.
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Probably be going after the Bounty Hunters sooner than later.
Still need to settle on a mini for Durham Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Durham Red was born after the Atomic War of 2150. Her vampire-like need for blood made her an outcast even among other mutants. When a chance to escape Milton Keynes ghetto came, she gladly joined the Search/Destroy agency as a bounty hunter, where her enhanced abilities came in handy. She spent decades on the frontier planets of the Galaxy, tracking down the lawless, the insane, or the merely unpopular, including the original Gothlord and his nephew. The Gothlord situation also forced her into facing ten of the deadliest, most vicious killers and assassins in the known universe in perhaps her greatest peril thus far - she survived only through the sacrifice of her then-partner Frinton Fuzz, and and the assassin priest villain turned good, Toroni. She was sometimes also working with or against fellow Stronts like Johnny Alpha or Middenface McNulty. Eventually she tired of the game and put herself in a voluntary suspended animation lasting centuries.

NAME = DURHAM RED
SECRET IDENTITY = LUCY

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST/LAWMAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT/REJECTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 220?

BOUNTY HUNTER
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Durham Red's Bounty. Durham Red rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against her bounty.

STRONTIUM VAMPIRISM

At the start of her turn, if there are 3 or more wound markers on this card, after Durham Red attacks an adjacent figure, that is not an Android, destructible object or Undead, remove 1 wound marker from this card if the defending figure received one or more wounds.

COMBAT DEXTERITY
Durham Red may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

I'd actually consider going 5 defense and 6 life, then let her start healing after 2W are on her card, but only up to 1W remaining if the theme for you is she doesn't ever fully heal up. The healing requires her to make adj. attacks and her attack is only 3, so healing vs. the many, many 5+ defense figures we have would not be automatic. Now I'm okay with leaving her attack at 3 since Johan Hex will give her an auto-skull if she's a lawman, but that boost only works on non-adj. figures and won't improve her chance to heal. She will also roll 4 attack dice vs. her Bounty but she only gets one of those per game. So giving her more life and letting her start trying to heal a little sooner should help make it actually trigger a few times before she dies.

STRONTIUM VAMPIRISM
If there are 2 or more wound markers on this card, after Durham Red attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack and inflicts 1 or more wounds, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card. Strontium Vampirism does not work when attacking Androids, Undead, or Destructible Objects.

Since she only heals 1W at a time and it requires her to have 2W to use the power, she'll heal up to 1W and then the power no longer works.
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Based on what Tornado has said in the past she only heals when she really has to so healing after two wounds may not work but I do like the 6 life 5 Defense since it gives her two chances to heal. With a roll of 3 maybe let her heal if she rolls 2 skulls or something. Then it's a bit more reliable.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:51 PM

Yeah, 6 life, 5 defense should help her get more use out of her healing. Good call.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy