Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old November 1st, 2019, 10:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

I decided to print this guy with my Miniature Settings with a 99% infill. On my machine it was an 11hr 35min print with these settings. Its got about 3 more hrs to go, but it looks beautiful so far. I'll try to post pics of it tonight. If it turns out well, I'll give it a shot at an 8% infill and see how that one goes. On my speed settings, I still get a pretty good turnout with minis that are bigger, just a little more line-y. But it makes an 11 and a half hour print into a 2-3hr print. I'll probably print a few at different settings to see how it goes. I had just finished a set of three ticalla trees. Besides breaking a couple leafs off (me being impatient.)and having to fix them with a hot tool, everything looks really nice. Lots of pretty nice files to print on here lately. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. @avoman , please make a post, so we can all rep you for your beautiful model.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 1st, 2019, 11:04 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I need to adjust my quick print settings again--maybe bump up the temperature some, slow down the printing just a tad, and bake out my filament. My draft settings print came out OK, but it has underextrusion lines. Still feels pretty solid, even at 35% infill, except for one of the horns breaking.

My long print is on the printer now. Hopefully I'll post a nice picture tonight.
Old November 1st, 2019, 03:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I need to adjust my quick print settings again--maybe bump up the temperature some, slow down the printing just a tad, and bake out my filament. My draft settings print came out OK, but it has underextrusion lines. Still feels pretty solid, even at 35% infill, except for one of the horns breaking.

My long print is on the printer now. Hopefully I'll post a nice picture tonight.
My solid wosaga with finer settings came out pretty nice. I had a small layer shift 2/3rds up that Ill fix with the hot tool and the supports took a little detail away on the undersides of part of the model. Overall its the best print yet of wosaga and the details are spot on. I have 2 more printing right now on speed settings. They only will take about 7hrs for 2 of them. Ill try to post pics of the other one tonight.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 04:47 AM
"like" happy

Surprisingly enough, the 2 Wosaga models I printed with my speed settings turned out just about as well as my other one. So it'll be speed settings for this guy if I print anymore of them. I'm going to try some new techniques painting them. I've been using some great new ways of laying paint lately that should be really nice, and easy. Even getting that horridly not so easy Marro skin.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 07:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is that to hide the print lines or just to get the color right?
Old November 2nd, 2019, 01:05 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is that to hide the print lines or just to get the color right?
The new techniques do hide the print lines a little bit. But its to get the marrow color right. Itll be a prime basecoat of smokey beige rustoleum. Then Im going to do a solid coat of Ivory over the top. Then Im going to give a heavy dark polyshade wash on them. Then wipe the majority of it back off the highlights. Then a lighter acrylic wash over that with red. Then im going to wipe that back as well exposing the ivory underneath on just the raised areas. Final step will be painting in the black eyes. This models facial details are much better. I will post pics.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 02:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, ok. If you could get pics between steps, that would be awesome.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 02:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Woah, ok. If you could get pics between steps, that would be awesome.
Absolutely. I made 3 of the wosagas that Ill be donating to the Utah Monthly tournaments. I try to take care of those guys when I can even though I dont make it to the events anymore.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 04:30 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd just like to see the raw print of it as well.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 2nd, 2019, 05:15 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I posted pics of it on facebook as well but Ill upload them here of the 3 green wosagas I made on my fdm printer. The only loss of detail I got was from support removal from the underside of the jaw and a couple of undersides of parts of the tail. I smooth those out with my hot tool and slightly sculpt them back to where they need to be. I imagine on a resin printer those would be more minimal but am pretty happy with the model itself off my fdm printer.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 08:55 PM
"like" happy

I was wondering if any of you guys has any experience printing these models with the Elegoo Mars resin printer? I've been researching resin printers for minis and have come up with wanting to pick up that one. Of course I'm sure they will look good, but how good? I don't really need any heroscape minis,(Or any other minis for that matter) but it would be fun to make top notch minis if the want ever arose. My fdm snapmaker does a pretty good job for minis but I like to generally use it for terrain. Any thoughts on resin printing heroscape minis would help. Thanks.

Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I posted pics of it on facebook as well but Ill upload them here of the 3 green wosagas I made on my fdm printer. The only loss of detail I got was from support removal from the underside of the jaw and a couple of undersides of parts of the tail. I smooth those out with my hot tool and slightly sculpt them back to where they need to be. I imagine on a resin printer those would be more minimal but am pretty happy with the model itself off my fdm printer.
I checked Facebook but didn't see it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing