Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 21st, 2020, 12:52 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Painted Miniature counts

I thought up a fun thread Idea. Ive been custom painting old miniatures and completely painting up tons of new miniatures. I hit a milestone for the year so far today. I just finished painting my 900th miniature in this year alone. So I got to thinking how fun it would be to do an all time painted miniature count thread. The figures must have been painted by you and they need to be more than primed and/or given a wash. This is not counting terrain pieces, just character minis. This year has been huge for me painting minis. Not because of Corona virus, just my general bad health keeping me from doing my more active hobbies. Ill be keeping a tally in the second post. Site members will be listed by figure count in the second post by greatest to fewer numbers. When you want to add your starting number post it below and share what you've been working at. Same for if you want to "update" your number. Share what you have got your paint brush into. This should be fun. I cant wait to hear what everyone is working on.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; February 22nd, 2022 at 01:53 AM.
Old September 21st, 2020, 12:52 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted figure counts

Here are the numbers:
1. Trex-3288
2. Schismatic Sounds 870
3.The_X_Marker-259
4. Blast_shark-190
5. Orgsbane-179
6. Ninja Status 113
7. Pumpkin_King 80
8. Capsocrates and Fam-48
9. Splash-45
10. Figure-45
11. Lord_Pyre-35
12. TheAverageFan-12
13. Flameslayer93-2

Last edited by TREX; November 18th, 2022 at 10:36 PM.
Old September 21st, 2020, 01:07 AM
"like" happy

Re: Painted figure counts

My totals
Total painted in 2022

Grand total
3288 roughly. It could very well be a good 200 more than this but those arent at my place anymore. Cant wait to hear what everyones working on.

Last edited by TREX; November 8th, 2022 at 01:01 AM.
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:14 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Painted Miniature counts

If full repaints count, I've done 2.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 21st, 2020, 01:30 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If full repaints count, I've done 2.
That still counts. Did you have fun painting them? I can only speedpaint like crazy because of tips and tricks Ive learned over the years. I get great results with my current speedpainting techniques so Ive left some of my more professional techniques behind to gain quantity. I have a massive pile of shame, mainly thanks to kickstarter deals but have decided this year that I just need to get it done. Ive found it much more fun to get to paint your characters how you want rather than them be pre done.

Old September 21st, 2020, 01:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Wowza that's a lot of minis! I don't have as much time as I wish I did to paint, but I'm about to finish a 40-mini commission. Before that I've been working on Death May Die minis, and did like 10 or so of them. I'm pretty slow and meticulous though.
Old September 21st, 2020, 01:46 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
I'll have to count, between Freeblades, ArcWorlde, and WarMachine, I think I barely scratch 200. I'm not a very fast painter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Wowza that's a lot of minis! I don't have as much time as I wish I did to paint, but I'm about to finish a 40-mini commission. Before that I've been working on Death May Die minis, and did like 10 or so of them. I'm pretty slow and meticulous though.
Yeah. Im a bit excessive in whatever hobbies I get into. I dont generally do commissions, but like I said before Ive painted alot of stuff Ive given away. What game is the commission for? My biggest game I decided to put the brakes on for a minute getting new stuff for was Star Wars Legion. I have all four factions with enough units to run easily 12 players in a mini tournament. I went hog wild because Legion has awesome game mechanics and Im a Star Wars Junkie.
Ill update you at 50 minis.

Old September 21st, 2020, 08:50 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll have to count, between Freeblades, ArcWorlde, and WarMachine, I think I barely scratch 200. I'm not a very fast painter.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 21st, 2020, 01:38 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
I look forward to your update. I think Ive only heard of warmachine out of those 3. Ive still got to finish painting Modern zombicide, Fantasy Zombicide, Massive Darkness x2, all four factions of runewars, bloodrage, rising sun, Arena of the Planeswalkers x2, Tmnt shadows of the past, 3 armies for wrath of kings, darksouls, the rest of my Star Wars Imperial Assault, 3 more crews of rum and bones pirates with a few merc boxes, fallout starter set, some frostgrave soldiers and snakemen, and a couple boxes of 3d prints. Most of the mentioned games above are kickstarters with all addons. In short. I have to paint faster. There isnt a choice in the matter.

Old September 21st, 2020, 03:10 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I look forward to your update. I think Ive only heard of warmachine out of those 3.
I just counted 218 completely painted minis for me, with another 18 just missing one or two colors to be considered done. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

I highly recommend looking into the other two. If nothing else, it gives you even more minis to paint!

ArcWorlde just had it's 2nd edition Kickstarted and it's a very simple but incredibly fun skirmish game. It has a custom feat system where you can pull off some crazy stuff. It's a great beer (or soda) and pretzels game where you can just throw around dice and have a ton of laughs. ArcWorlde miniatures are also completely hand sculpted by the very talented Alex Huntley, so each sculpt is full of character.

Freeblades is a very small but strong community and it's like playing a skirmish game and an RPG. The skills, stats, and abilities make it run very tight, while also providing a ton of options for thinking outside the box. The team is based in Kansas and they are very, very receptive to feedback and answer questions really quickly on their Facebook page. Two members of the community that have stood out have also been immortalized into the game through figures. I almost forgot, there is a pretty cool exploding dice mechanic, where rolling the highest value of a die results in rolling the die again and adding that to your total. You can roll a die as many times as you hit that maximum, so a d4 can end up rolling a total of 20+. There's a record being kept of exploding dice on the site.

I also painted some samurai for Osprey Publishing's Ronin, though I can't really recommend it as a good game. Just a good way to waste time without thinking too much.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Last edited by The_X_Marker; September 21st, 2020 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added the exploding dice mechanic to Freeblades.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:02 PM
"like" happy

@The_X_Marker . Got your score update and checked out the links. Thanks for putting those in. Super cool to be able to just check out other games that way. I love beer and pretzels type games. I think that is why I like games like zombicide so much. Lots of dice chucking and fun with a bit of strategy here and there. As far as skirmish games go, I have a few so far.
Walking dead: all out war/call to arms. They use the same models. All out war is more for coop or solo play and call to arms has been revamped a little for a better pvp experience. I highly recommend this game. Especially call to arms.
Frostgrave: Ive picked up all the supplement books for this and just recently their 2.0 version. This is a miniature agnostic game and is super fun if you like fantasy with your main characters as spellcasters. Really fun game for one offs but shines even more if you play a campaign.
Wrath of kings: I bought up a bunch of these recently. 3 factions worth. The game is pretty simple looking but havent tabled it yet. The models are fantastic though. I have a weakness for great looking models on the cheap.
Runewars: same as wrath of kings. Great minis, decent looking game, on the cheap. Bought most of everything for this game.
Fallout wasteland warfare: looks amazing, I have the starter set but havent got to play it yet or paint it. Models arent a great deal for expansions so it hasnt got the attention it probably deserves yet.
Starwars Legion- bought tons of this game. All four factions. Its what has driven my painted model count so high. Awesome game. Not a great deal on price though. Luckily I printed a ton of stuff for this on my resin printer and fdm printer as well as buying it. If you love star wars and wargaming it doesnt get better than this one.

I know there are tons of great skirmish games but Im trying to dial it down a little there. Ive been looking at kings of war and kings of war vanguard because I can use a bunch of my minis I already have but havent pulled the trigger. Mini agnostic games have a great appeal to plasticrack addicts like myself. Ive been focusing lately on games I can leave set up in my mancave and play through them either solo or coop. This really is the time of wargaming with all that there is to offer out there.

Old September 21st, 2020, 05:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The Gloomhaven minis aren't quite the same quality as CMON or some others unfortunately. But still had fun with the few I've done.

I linked my Instagram page in my signature, I usually fairly regularly have pics of stuff I've painted. Not much lately as we have someone living in my office for the time being which is where I have my picture taking studio, but I'm going to set it up elsewhere pretty soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General