Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 24th, 2008, 03:06 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Spider-Man

Per Silver Surfer above, I've had the best luck in using him as a clean-up figure. In a 1000 point free-for-all, I wound up with only Spidey and Kaemon Awa on height versus a whole mess of Marro. The two of them took down a ton of Marro before eventually succumbing (blast that Hive!--actually, that was my problem, I didn't). But Spider Sense kept Spidey in the fight for a good, long time, and his web attack picked off the swarm one by one.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:36 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

If I may, I would like to request that a link to my Marvel figure overview: Spider-man article be added to the Strategy, Tactics, and Tips section of this book for future reference to those who may visit this book later on.

-TSS

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Man I just love playing Spidey (could you tell by my av?), what makes it great is when I have him in my army he just drives my opponents nuts, his spidersense works probably 80% of the time for me.
He works great as a mid to late game force. His spidersense will keep him out of harms way most of the time and he has a decent special attack to help to bypass some other specials.
He is definately the most fun Marvel character to play, if not the most fun in the whole game.

Go Spidey!!!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 24th, 2008, 03:04 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

...and the fun increases if (per someone's suggestion on this board) you make Spidey-type puns every time that you activate him, and make cool web noises as appropriate.
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Sometimes I just want to ban Spidey in games. He friggin pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I have a Spider-Man tattoo, very much "#1" fan, but he just sometimes drag the game! My gf loves to draft him all the time and I'm like the pissed Doc Oc or villain every time she rolls 11 or higher! I know how Spidey's enemies feel like. Irritated. I once went toe to toe with the web crawler with a perfect health Silver Surfer. I lost.

Ok not ban him...I draft him too. I once killed a perfect life Abomination with a wounded Spidey.

Sometimes I feel guilty for drafting Venom over Spidey though.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post

You did WHAT!!!!?? How could you!!?? If I could, I'd neg rep you.

(Oh, come on. I know the book of Venom is around here some where...)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post

You did WHAT!!!!?? How could you!!?? If I could, I'd neg rep you.

(Oh, come on. I know the book of Venom is around here some where...)
Hey, I said I got have a Spidey tattoo!

Old October 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spiderman is way under-priced, and should be banned in official games unless both people draft him. (hmmm, a spidey vs. spidey game would be interesting...)

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:20 AM

Yeah, he ought to be 170 and an attack of 5.

Old October 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I agree he should be 170 or maybe 180 with an attack of 5 and maybe change his web special attack to something that might remove an order marker, as tying up his enemies is one of Spider-man's main powers.

CORVUS
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Hmm... I'm not a big fan of speculating on changes to official characters, and as a big Spidey fan I'd have to say the Marvelscape figure mostly does him justice, but if I were to change him at all I'd allow his web attack to affect more than one figure per turn. I mean, how often does Spidey go around taking out large numbers of thugs in the comics? In this game he gets overwhelmed by squads, and that just makes me sad.
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well... I think of Marvel Heroscape figures as a depiction of what that character would do in the battle of all time, not in his "everyday life." I mean, maybe Spider-Man should be able to wrap up multiple enemies, but maybe he shouldn't be allowed to kill people, either. Because this is total all-out war and not the streets of New York City, it's not a direct translation. Soldiers who are dispersed and watchful, avoiding bullets and bombs, aren't going to fell to a squirt of spider silk as easily as a street gang.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's