Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 18th, 2008, 10:44 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Eastern PA Scapers "King of the Hill" NHSD post event thread

Well the "King of the hill" event has come and gone and we had a great time as always. We drafted 400 pt. hero only, marvel included, armies.
We also had several maps set up for side games for people to play just for fun while they were waiting for their turn in the battle arena.

Thanks of course to Peteparkerh and his beautiful "Jandar Battle Arena" map which of course was the featured map in our event.

Thanks also to Owvanguard and Mad Wookie for setting up maps as well.

It was great to meet some new scapers: Mad wookie and his boys, wk4c and his dad and 2 cousins, and Man O War, thanks for coming, we hope you guys can come again.

(I will add the draft order and who drafted who soon as well as put in a couple of pictures, but they are out in my car and I just don't want to go out and get them right now)

Man O War finished in first place in the event with 6 wins using an army that featured Abomination.
Mad Wookie claimed 2nd with 5 wins using a Hulk led army.
Owvanguard took 3rd with 4 wins using a army that had Dund, Ne Gok Sa, and Sudema (a lot of good d20 rolls for him).
wk4c managed a 4th place finish with Charos and Sujoah and getting 2 wins.
Several other players finished with 1 win.

For his efforts, Man O War walked away with a House Mouse gift certificate, a Tundra set and an Agent Skahen!
Each family walked away with a prize and each solo act got one as well.

Extra special thanks to Heroscapers, House Mouse and WOTC for the awesome prizes

Unfortunately, Peteparkerh and I (Spidysox) both got shutout, I think we will claim that we were too busy trying to make sure that everyone else had a good time (that's my story and I am sticking too it)

Here is Peteparkerh's Battle Arena in full use.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Last edited by spidysox; October 19th, 2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Eastern PA Scapers "King of the Hill" NHSD post event th

What a blast - I definitely think luck of the draw was on my side as the Hulk was a wrecking ball. Getting the first draft was huge. The boys had a great time and are already asking when the next event will be. HMG and Wizards provided some FANTASTIC prizes - still envying Man O War's Tundra set. Nah - I can't complain. It was an excellent day all around - thanks again for hosting and we hope to see you next month!
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I am glad your tounament went well. Maybe next time I will be able to make it to your tournament. (when is your next tournament in NJ, I can get a real good spot, real easy.)

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
What a blast - I definitely think luck of the draw was on my side as the Hulk was a wrecking ball. Getting the first draft was huge. The boys had a great time and are already asking when the next event will be. HMG and Wizards provided some FANTASTIC prizes - still envying Man O War's Tundra set. Nah - I can't complain. It was an excellent day all around - thanks again for hosting and we hope to see you next month!
Yeah getting no. 1 was pretty good and the Hulk sure didn't disapoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
I am glad your tounament went well. Maybe next time I will be able to make it to your tournament. (when is your next tournament in NJ, I can get a real good spot, real easy.)
We will probably be having an event in Jersey sometime in January, we will be posting it soon. Thanks for the offer of a spot but we have a great location already. How did your event go?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Besides the fact that alot of the people ended up not coming and did not tell me untill 3 days before the event it went really good. There were only 8 people there though. (I was originaly expecting 15 people.)

All in all the event was good we got alot of prizes and had alot of fun.

Thanks for asking
~DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM

owvanguard is surprisingly tart

My son and I had a great time and it was very satisfying to me to win with my favorite characer Dund.

Brian B
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Alright! My day was awesome! Had a total blast...thanks for hosting this, and I had an awesome time meeting all of you. 4th Place in my first tourny! Yeah!

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
Besides the fact that alot of the people ended up not coming and did not tell me untill 3 days before the event it went really good. There were only 8 people there though. (I was originaly expecting 15 people.)

All in all the event was good we got alot of prizes and had alot of fun.

Thanks for asking
~DragonSlayer2
Cool. All that matters it that you had fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events