Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 16th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Crow

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: The Crow

Army Test
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: The Crow (190), Commander Rogers (260), Nick Fury (220), SHIELD Agents x3 (330) (1000) VS Iron Patriot (290), Bizarro (330), Black Adam (380) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
2 wounds to Iron Patriot.
StWTR: times marker placed: 1 (Patriot).
Live for Vengeance: 3 wounds ignored; 1 defense subtracted (no wounds dealt).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: The Crow (190), Commander Rogers (260), Nick Fury (220), SHIELD Agents x3 (330) (1000) VS Fantastic Four (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
2 wounds to The Thing.
StWTR: Times marker placed: 2 (Torch twice).
Live for Vengeance: 4 wounds ignored; 11 defense subtracted (1 of those attacks dealt a wound).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: The Crow (190), Indigo-1 (340), Jason (175), Diablo (140), Spider-Girl (140) (985) VS Professor X (220), Blink (145), Omega Red (300), Polaris (200), Pyro (120) (985)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
3 wounds to Blink, 5 to Omega Red, 3 to Polaris, 4 to Pyro.
StWTR: times marker placed: 1 (Pyro).
Live for Vengeance: 0 wounds ignored; 1 defense subtracted (attack dealt 3 wounds).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: After the first couple games, I really thought we had gone too far in correcting him. The third game was a really good showing, though he’s not the only one who could have done that. I would still like to think about giving him a slight bump, and there’s a number of ways we could do that. Bumping his Defense to 5 would help him stick around longer and get better use out of his powers. Having the Unstoppable Resilience bit always in effect instead of just when his marker is on a card would also help accomplish that.

Probably my preferred direction though, is to keep the Crow marker on a marked figure until it is destroyed, rather than removing it when a wound is dealt. That way, he isn’t as forced into an army where he needs the opponent to keep destroying allies in order ot get full use out of his powers. I don’t think it would make him terribly stronger, but it would make him a little more fun to play.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Much less annoying now, but still a pretty cool figure. Definitely closer to the 190 level.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Probably my preferred direction though, is to keep the Crow marker on a marked figure until it is destroyed, rather than removing it when a wound is dealt. That way, he isn’t as forced into an army where he needs the opponent to keep destroying allies in order ot get full use out of his powers. I don’t think it would make him terribly stronger, but it would make him a little more fun to play.
I very nearly suggested exactly that before we started testing.
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

That sounds like a reasonable change to me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 20th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, I'm thinking of giving this guy a test. I have a couple of matchups planned, but I have no idea if either are really any good, so if you guys could offer your opinions it'd be appreciated.

The Crow, Dracula, Judge Fire, Judge Fear, 2x Vampire Minions (1,200)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Northstar (1,200)

The Crow, Comissioner Gordon, Jonah Hex, Batman (Bruce Wayne) (vI), Catgirl, 2x 5th Precinct Beat Cops (800)
vs.
Luke Cage, Blue Beetle, Ken or Ryu, Swordsman, Spider-Girl (800)

I'm going for squads because, looking at the reevaluated card for The Crow, I sincerely doubt he'll be of any use without them.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

On second thoughts, I may wait a while to test this guy - you see, my family has the Crow DVD, but I've never actually seen it. I may wait a week or a little over so that I can watch it and I can actually give thematic input for once.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:58 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm going for squads because, looking at the reevaluated card for The Crow, I sincerely doubt he'll be of any use without them.
If that's how you feel (and I don't entirely disagree) then it's a strong indicator that we should step up and make the change suggested above already. And honestly it feels reasonable to make it symmetric - the marker is placed when a figure on your team is destroyed, and removed when the figure that did the deed leaves the battlefield.

It also occurs to me that if the figure is mind controlled or something like that, it should probably cause the marker to leave. So...

Current version up for test:
SET THE WRONG THINGS RIGHT
Start the game with the black Crow Marker on this card. If the Crow Marker is on this card and any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure, you may place your Crow Marker on the attacking figure's Army Card. If a figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield or receives one or more wounds from a normal or special attack, place your Crow Marker on this card.
Possible revised version:
Start the game with the black Crow Marker on this card. If the Crow Marker is on this card and any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure, you may place your Crow Marker on the attacking figure's Army Card. If a figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield or your opponent loses control of that figure, place your Crow Marker on this card.
As for armies to play The Crow with - given his Event Hero status, there really aren't many direct synergies to worry about. He has nonding with Dracula and can be activated by Judge Death with Death Sentence, but both of them have other options that give them more benefit.

Setting that aside, even if we remove the "take a wound" language, Crow still does better with some relatively fragile figures in his army, so that he has people to avenge. (This is thematic, IMO.) I wouldn't build too much of my strategy around that - all I'm saying is don't make a team of Thor and The Crow.

One option that tickles my particular fancy would be pairing him with Angstrom Levy. That way, you can sequester the crow'ed figure. This can be tricky to pull off, though.
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:58 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If that's how you feel (and I don't entirely disagree) then it's a strong indicator that we should step up and make the change suggested above already. And honestly it feels reasonable to make it symmetric - the marker is placed when a figure on your team is destroyed, and removed when the figure that did the deed leaves the battlefield.

It also occurs to me that if the figure is mind controlled or something like that, it should probably cause the marker to leave. So...

Current version up for test:
Start the game with the black Crow Marker on this card. If the Crow Marker is on this card and any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure, you may place your Crow Marker on the attacking figure's Army Card. If a figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield or receives one or more wounds from a normal or special attack, place your Crow Marker on this card.
Possible revised version:
Start the game with the black Crow Marker on this card. If the Crow Marker is on this card and any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure, you may place your Crow Marker on the attacking figure's Army Card. If a figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield or your opponent loses control of that figure, place your Crow Marker on this card.
adding that bit in makes sense to me. I know Viegon is on board with the change. @japes @johnny139 @Tornado @Yodaking @Zettian Juggernaut if we can get to or three more Heroes on board, we can go ahead and make that change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Setting that aside, even if we remove the "take a wound" language, Crow still does better with some relatively fragile figures in his army, so that he has people to avenge. (This is thematic, IMO.) I wouldn't build too much of my strategy around that - all I'm saying is don't make a team of Thor and The Crow.

One option that tickles my particular fancy would be pairing him with Angstrom Levy. That way, you can sequester the crow'ed figure. This can be tricky to pull off, though.
Yeah, with that change, squads won't be necessary, but you're still looking for figures that die fairly quickly. I used SHIELD Agents in my first build because I could add Commander Rogers to get OMs to Crow in the key situations. An OM on Fury was still a better choice a lot of the time though. For the second build I went with a bunch of supportive and defense figures that draw a lot of fire and give Crow plenty of time to dish out the hurt.

Old October 21st, 2016, 12:06 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:48 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:50 PM

Okay, that's enough agreement for me. I'll update the post with that change.

Old October 30th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: The Crow

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: The Crow, Black Tarantula, Jason Voorhees, Hired Guns (795) vs Iron Patriot, Kraven, Lizard, Oracle (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: The Crow, Oracle, Wonder Woman, Amazon Warriors x2 (800) vs Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: One minor point of clarification that's needed here is that Set the Wrong Things Right calls out an attacking figure, but doesn't specify that your figure was destroyed with an attack. Not sure what the intent is.

Crow doesn't feel crazy as-is, but he does soak up a lot of attacks. Live for Vengeance gives him a ton of staying power against mid-level heroes. Benefited from some really solid luck in game two. Not all of his attacks were golden, but he got to make a lot of them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library