Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 7th, 2021, 11:55 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] The Book of Nephda (Kiora the Rising Tide) - Edi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
@Captain Stupendous @flameslayer93 I went ahead and updated the OP here. I think that it's safe to call the vote.

@Scytale , this one is ready for Editing whenever you get a chance.
Thanks Astro! Excited to see this figure enter playtesting
Old October 4th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Question: Is it intended that if a figure starts next to Nepha, and moves into a water space, they need to stop? That figure did not "move adjacent" to Nephda during that turn.

Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures who move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of their turn.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Nephda, you may roll the 20-sided die for each other friendly wounded hero within four clear sight spaces. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove a wound from that figure's Army Card. If that figure is on a water space, add 5 to your roll.
Old October 4th, 2021, 05:45 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, that is a recognized limitation of the power as currently worded. If there’s a clean way of avoiding this quirk I’d be open to suggestions though! In reality I don’t think it will come up that much, since a character just has to move one space that’s adjacent to her to get the bonus.

Edit I actually think I see what you mean. It’s intended that if a figure starts next to nephda, and for their first move space moves to a space that is still adjacent, they WOULD still get the bonus. Now I see that might not actually work with how it’s currently worded.
Old October 4th, 2021, 06:03 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Hmm, let's try this.
Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures that are adjacent to Nephda or move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of their turn.
Old October 4th, 2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Hmm, let's try this.
Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures that are adjacent to Nephda or move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of their turn.
Grr.. none of this really works, because of movements like Jandar's Dispatch do not happen during the moving figure's turn.
Old October 4th, 2021, 11:55 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does this work?
Quote:
Hmm, let's try this.
Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures that are adjacent to Nephda or move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of their move.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 5th, 2021, 12:51 AM

I'm also willing to just accept the fact that it won't work with out of turn movement if it comes to that. It's just a quirk of the design, it doesn't actually break anything if I understand correctly, right?
Old October 5th, 2021, 09:31 AM

That's a start, Strack9. I think further refinement is needed.
Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Nephda that are no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base are considered water spaces. Nephda and friendly figures that start their movement adjacent to Nephda or move adjacent to Nephda do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of that movement.
Old October 10th, 2021, 09:56 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for checking over this Scytale!

The one issue with that wording off the top of my head is that the moving figure could be on a space lower or higher than the water Nephda creates, if that's an issue for anyone?

Here's a couple of attempts at wording that last part incorporating that.
Quote:
Nephda and all friendly figures do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space if they start that movement on, or move onto, a water space within 1 space of Nephda that is no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base.

Nephda and all friendly figures do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space if they occupy a water space within 1 space of Nephda that is no more than 2 levels above or below Nephda's base at any point before or during that movement.
Old October 12th, 2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
The one issue with that wording off the top of my head is that the moving figure could be on a space lower or higher than the water Nephda creates, if that's an issue for anyone?
I assumed that the intent was that adjacent figures were not affected by water, whether Nephda-created or not. Is that not the intention?
Old October 12th, 2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I assumed that the intent was that adjacent figures were not affected by water, whether Nephda-created or not. Is that not the intention?
Your assumption is correct; limiting the movement power to water created by Nephda isn’t worth the added complexity for what is in my mind a marginal thematic gain.
Old October 14th, 2021, 02:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

PTI,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Your assumption is correct; limiting the movement power to water created by Nephda isn’t worth the added complexity for what is in my mind a marginal thematic gain.
It's worth noting that this interaction is somewhat counterintuitive. That said, I don't think that it's actually possible for it to come up in AotV-exclusive scenarios, which is where new players will most likely be playing. If they bought RotV or SotM, then they can probably handle this rare interaction.

We could also separate Carried by Waves into two powers to make the distinction clearer (which might also make either one more reusable?), though I don't really have a strong preference either way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs