Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 9th, 2019, 09:06 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I'll take Sirenia; Team 2 Player 1.
Just so you know, Sirenia will have Life Drain instead of Siren Song 13 (card to come).

Old October 9th, 2019, 09:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'll take the new Sirenia!
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:00 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

This came yesterday. [I rebased it with a peanut.]

Also ordered:

Old October 11th, 2019, 01:47 PM

Well met!

Playtest tomorrow.

Gravel Garden (1 DD + 1 FA + 1 FF + 1 TJ) - 26.3" x 28.0"

With expanded Start Zones

New units:

Team 1:

Player 1: Rania, KoW x 3, Sir Gilbert, Morgan's Riflemen

Player 2: Nieriel, Mohican River Tribe x 2, Venoc Warlord, Kaemon

Player 3: Tsumetai, Mogrimm, Axegrinders x 2, Moltenclaw

Team 2:

Player 1: Scourge, Gothlok, Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3, Racheim

Player 2: Sirenia, Othkurik, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archers x 2

Player 3: Xoroku, Emperor Andask, Tomb Skeletons x 3, Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Old October 13th, 2019, 01:17 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Though only K. and I were here yesterday, and though he won five of the six games we played, I had fun and enjoyed putting our teams through their paces. We both took one army apiece and had the opportunity to play through each of the new customs. We made a few advances in the play testing, and the customs made for some interesting tactical situations, especially with the synergistic armies K. had built for them.

Next month's game will be my Creature Feature on Sat. Nov. 2. It will be a simple post Halloween themed game (no Humans allowed). I have a draft and will post the full scenario soon.
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:25 PM

Well met!

Just chas and I met yesterday, as Sherman and Taeblewalker were at the last minute unable to attend. We played a number of enjoyable games, but were left with more questions than answers. I passed various versions of these cards by BiggaBullfrog a while back and, from his point of view, I've generally overpriced them.

Tsumetai

This card was quite different then, though. Now, with a Triple Attack of 4, I'm thinking 140 might be a bit low. He was quite strong in our games.

Sirenia

Sirenia did nothing of interest in both games with her, even as Sonic Sword 13 became Sonic Sword 11.

Sirenia

The version Bigga saw, that he thought was close or a bit high costed is above.

Nieriel

Bigga had Nieriel at 60-80 points. For this test, at the last minute, I changed Needle so that defense dice could not be rolled against Nieriel's normal attack if a wound was inflicted, Needle happened before movement, and Neiriel was given Disengage. The attack happening before movement was impossible to set up without too much risk. With Needle potentially eliminating defense dice (after movement) and Disengage, Nieriel was better in both her games.

Rania

Rania is solid, at the most 110 according to Bigga. I sort of agree, comparing her to Morgoloth.

Xorotu

Bigga has him at around 100 points, or lower. I gave him Disengage and had Distracting Spear happen before movement. Disengage wasn't used, but Distracting Spear worked fine. If Morgoloth is 140, Xorotu can't be too much cheaper, can he?

Scourge

Scourge came late to the party, and chas was convinced he was worth around 170+ points before he ever hit the table. He was interesting to play and defend against, and I'm thinking 140 is about right . . .

But what do I know? A few conclusions:

In this context, with lots of squad figures and some powerful Special Attackers in the armies, I'm inclined to think these customs are generally over costed. Maybe some hero-oriented games would make comparisons easier.

I've found some great sculpts and I've come up with some theoretically cool powers. The actual play of these sculpts/powers is not necessarily as cool as I'd hoped. Going forward:

Sirenia: She was not originally Utgar or Undead, nor did she have any of her current powers. I am comfortable with her as she is, except that Sonic Sword needs more work/testing, and she needs another power to make her more interesting and unique.

Rania: To make her worth her points Bigga-wise, and for uniqueness' sake, Soldier's Endurance could apply every turn (no X Marker needed). Elven Armor is strong, almost an auto-shield, and works fine, but I can't get over the idea that there is a perfect second (or third?) power for her that I haven't come up with - yet.

Xorotu: With Disengage and the changes to Distracting Spear, he's simply, sometimes brutally, effective.

Tsumetai: The way Blizzard actually plays, I'm inclined to jettison the movement power, and just have Tsumetai and units within 2 spaces of him add an auto-shield against ranged attacks. In any event, Bigga aside, I can't see him at only 100 or so, comparing to Racheim versus the Wyvern.

Scourge: The jury is so still out on this one. His sculpt is so much skinnier than I imagined. Trident Fire's Range of 3 makes it less useful than you might think. I'm still agonizing over what his second (or third?) power should be.

Nieriel: So many ideas went through her before this version. With the latest version of Needle,and Disengage, I could: (a) eliminate Frenzy and/or (b) make her a Rogue, and/or (c) raise her stats a bit, and/or (d) add

REVERSAL
If Nieriel is targeted for an attack or special power by an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to
Nieriel who is not the attacking figure. Switch Nieriel with the chosen figure. If you do, the attacking figure must attack the chosen figure, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Reversal never take any leaving engagement attacks.

and/or (e) do any or all of the above with another available sculpt.

All of these sculpts are available in quantities for SoV except Tsumetai. A bit of work/testing before any of them are presentable.

P.S.: Just bought this one, being surprised that he is available in quantity for possible SoV use.

I see this one as having Triple Attack, of course, a Shadow version of Blizzard, and some sort of dog-like protector or companion power.

Tsumetai
Old October 14th, 2019, 12:16 PM

The NYC4 - Sisters of Light and Darkness

Well met!

After testing various versions of these figures, I think we're about ready for workshopping.

RANIA REYJYRE,
SISTER OF LIGHT

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Soldier
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Rania may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, you must roll the die for all friendly Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

ELVEN ARMOR
When rolling defense dice, if one shield is rolled, add an additional shield to whatever is rolled.

SIRENIA, SISTER OF DARKNESS

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

EVIL INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Sirenia may use Evil Inspiration. When using Evil Inspiration, you must roll the die for all
Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Sirenia, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Evil Inspiration does not affect Sirenia.

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Sirenia destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Sirenia cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures. When Sirenia attacks with Sonic Sword, she may attack one additional time.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 14th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:32 AM

HEROSCAPE SCENARIO: CREATURE FEATURE
A POST HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH
By Chas

Each player selects an army totaling 600 Points; maximum 25 spaces. No Humans are allowed! The army must contain at least one Unique Hero and at least one two space figure (one figure may qualify for both categories). C3V customs are allowed, but no C3G. Figures may be proxied.

This will be a free for all on a large map containing a great variety of terrain. At the beginning, players will be able to select their start zone in a random order. Up to six players may be accommodated. Random Treasure Glyphs will be placed on the battlefield, which only heroes can use as per normal TG rules.

After 10 turns, the player with the most points left on the board will win.

There will be a Second Game. At start, players in a random order will choose another player's army to use! No player may run their own army. Then, players will select their start zones in reverse order from the army draft.
Old October 18th, 2019, 06:10 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
HEROSCAPE SCENARIO: CREATURE FEATURE
A POST HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH
By Chas

Each player selects an army totaling 600 Points; maximum 25 spaces. No Humans are allowed! The army must contain at least one Unique Hero and at least one two space figure (one figure may qualify for both categories). C3V customs are allowed, but no C3G. Figures may be proxied.

This will be a free for all on a large map containing a great variety of terrain. At the beginning, players will be able to select their start zone in a random order. Up to six players may be accommodated. Random Treasure Glyphs will be placed on the battlefield, which only heroes can use as per normal TG rules.

After 10 turns, the player with the most points left on the board will win.

There will be a Second Game. At start, players in a random order will choose another player's army to use! No player may run their own army. Then, players will select their start zones in reverse order from the army draft.

Sounds like a plan. Especially as chas has allowed me to field the latest iterations of a couple of my customs (for this game, tentatively 130 points) (close to SoV submission?).

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Old October 20th, 2019, 03:31 PM

Well met!

After latest feedback:

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

VALIANT CHARGE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Valiant Charge.

ULLAR BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 3
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Old October 20th, 2019, 10:19 PM

Well met!

Cards in flux. Stay tunes . . .

Old October 20th, 2019, 11:29 PM

Well met!

Testing these as they are. Conversation concerning them will be confined to my customs thread, Blog and PMs until further notice.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

ULLAR BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

DIVINE MISSION
When revealing an order marker on Rania's card, after taking Rania's turn, you may reveal the "X" order marker that is on Rania's card and take another turn with Rania. During this additional turn, Rania adds 2 to her normal attack against Undead figures.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 130

LIFE DRAIN

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 3

ENSLAVE 17

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion