Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 27th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Dredd'verse workshop

Yeah, for now, that or an AE or an Easy Company Soldier.

Rouge usually goes bare chested, just wearing the backpack up top, so full mod with bare chest plus a backpack(maybe a couple grenades) with the head and legs of one of the soldier figures would work. This is way down the road, so I am in hope that a better option comes around. There were figures made for the old Rouge Trooper board game.

Any thoughts on the design? This guy is tough.
A few other ideas.

BAGMAN
A figure with this glyph may carry four equipment glyphs.
A figure with this glyph may, after destroying an adjacent figure, if possible, place any Eqiuipment Glyph on that figure's card on the card of the figure carrying this glyph.
After moving and instead of attacking....(I was thinking of a grenade-like power here requiring the use of an X OM).

PLASMA GRENADES SPECIAL ATTACK

Attack 5 Range 5+ Special
This Special Attack may only be used once per game. Choose a figure within five clear sight spaces. All adjacent figures are also affected. After using this Special Attack, you may use it one additional time.

MINI-MINES

Start the game with three Fake and two Real Mine Markers. After moving and instead of attacking you may place one Mine Marker in any empty space you moved through this turn. When any figure moves to or through a hex containing a Fake Mine Marker, remove it. When any figure moves through a hex containing a Real Mine Marker, all figures on or adjacent to the hex containing the Real Mine Marker receive one wound, remove the Real Mine Marker.

Perhaps Mini-Mines could be worked into Bagman?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the powers, but this is a guy I know nothing of. Sorry. It looks good though!

Last edited by orgsbane; November 27th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Anyone have any thoughts on the powers?

I think I like how Mini-Mines turned out. Basically you start with five markers(like wound), two of them are marked on the inside as the Real mines. Normally you would never know where a mine is(this would be easier to simulate online where every hex has a designation) so instead you do not know which ones are real. Fresh mechanics so I would love to hear some opinions. I would like to get some demolitions powers in the game at some point.
I have a design for C4 somewhere.

The strength of RT is the bio-chips. I would compare them loosely to Deathlok in the fact they assist him tracking and firing on enemies. Each has their own skill set, making them a four in one. The problem is translating them into C3G powers.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the mini mine power would be better if it was a one time power for placement and all of them went down at once. So you move 5 spaces and choose not to attack to place one marker on each of the spaces you vacated during that move. Then you have a line of 5 mine markers in a row on the board. In order for a figure to walk across that line they would have to risk setting off one of the mines. The way you have it now, you have to give up 5 attacks to place all 5 mines and then if they are spread out they can just be avoided.

I'd also just make the damage effect the person who stepped on the mine, but be more significant. It is described as a min mine, which sounds like a smaller 1 person attack, not a 7 hex explosion. Old style WWII mines are always shown taking out the person who stepped on it (the leg is usually completely destroyed) and not much else. They basically just blast upwards as the earth they are buried in keeps the explosion somewhat contained. Their is some blow outwards but our single hex space covers a pretty big area compared to a figures foot so I think the blast would be limited to a 1 hex effect. The more modern Bouncing Betty's launch up into the air before exploding, throwing shrapnel over a wider area and could be a 7 hex effect in our game.
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM

Thanks YK. Great thoughts on the mine placement, I totally agree. I will have to reference the comics on the blast range of the mines, originally I was leaning towards 2wounds to a single hex. Rouge's technology is way ahead of current weapons.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:40 PM

You can check out the first issue of Rogue Trooper here.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

The Mini-Mines mechanic may need some word-smithing (maybe like Mirror Master where you place the Markers upside-down?) and the exact effect could be changed for thematic reasons, but, despite knowing nothing whatsoever about this character, that one mechanic alone really excites me. I'd love to see it!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM

EDIT: Thanks LO. I like it too. YKs suggestion helps a ton. My idea was that the Real Mine Markers have an explosion underneath/inside like where the grenade is on the grenade marker for the AE. Or you could just paint or mark the inside of two wound markers.
I am not sure if it needs to be re-worded for flying figures.

Rogue, a G.I. (or Genetic Infantryman, a genetically modified, blue-skinned, manufactured elite soldier) and his three comrades' search for the Traitor General. His comrades are in the form of biochips (onto which a G.I.'s entire personality is downloaded at the time of death for later retrieval) and are named Gunnar (mounted on Rogue's rifle), Bagman (on his backpack) and Helm (on his helmet). He is genetically engineered to be immune to almost all known toxins. He can submerge in strong acid unaffected, and is able to withstand a vacuum in his bare skin.

NAME=ROGUE TROOPER
SECRET IDENTITY=ROGUE

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN, VENGEFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 220

BIO-CHIPS
Start the game with the Gunnar, Helm, and Bagman Equipment Glyphs. Rouge Trooper cannot lose these Equipment Glyphs unless destroyed.

PLASMA GRENADES SPECIAL ATTACK

Attack 5 Range 5+ Special
This Special Attack may only be used once per game. Choose a figure within five clear sight spaces. All adjacent figures are also affected. After using this Special Attack, you may use it one additional time.
(Perhaps this should be a lob attack vs. a hex.)

TOXIC RESISTANCE
This figure in never affected by any glyph or special power on any card that has the word(s): Toxic, Chemical, or Acid.

GUNNAR
A figure with this glyph may attack normally any figure within five clear sight spaces but may not roll more than four attack dice against a non-adjacent figure. When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all blanks count as an additional skull and defending figures may never roll additional dice from height or terrain bonuses.

HELM
A Soldier figure with this Glyph may attack before, after , or during their Move as long as they attack from a hex where they could end their movement. All figures within clear sight are entirely visible hit zones.

BAGMAN
A figure with this glyph may carry one additional equipment glyph. Start the game with three Fake and two Real Mine Markers. Once per game, after moving and instead of attacking you may place one Mine Marker in any or all empty spaces you moved through this turn. When any figure moves to or through a hex containing a Fake Mine Marker, remove it. When any figure moves to or through a hex containing a Real Mine Marker, that figure receives one wound, remove the Real Mine Marker.
(Would flying figures be affected worded?)

Powers/Abilities: Rogue is armed with a number of highly deadly devices, including an assault rifle, mini-mines, plasma grenades and more. He is genetically engineered to be immune to all forms of chemical and biological attack. However perhaps his greatest advantage in battle comes from having the digitised personalities of three of his fellow G.I.s preserved on bio-chips attached to his helmet (Helm), gun (Gunnar) and backpack (Bagman).

History: Rogue is a Genetic Infantryman, a clone created to fight the war between the Norts and Southers on the poisoned planet of Nu-Earth. Designed to be immune to all poisons, allowing him to traverse the gas covered planet without a protective suit, he was the only survivor when the G.I.'s were betrayed and ambushed in what would become known as the Quartz Zone Massacre. Rogue went A.W.O.L. in order to hunt down the traitor who sent his friends to their deaths.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I agree that a grenade attack should have some sort of lob.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Agreed LO. Do you think 5 attack is too high?

I was thinking about dropping it to 4 but making the explosion bigger, a-la Smilex Bomb.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Hard as ice

I'd say keep it at 5 attack - it is only once per game after all, and 5 attack will be more effective in Superscape than an expanded area of effect, I'd think. It will be a really powerful volley to set off, but hey, that's why it can only be used once per game, right?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Nod, but he does have two grenades so two 5 attack explosions, once per game. I like it.
He has some interesting mechanics.

Cool. He is more roughed out then I imagined he would be.

Thanks for the help YK and LO.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy