Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Playgrounds of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
The battlements are around the jungle hexes, almost as a "pot" of sorts.
Wouldn't that make the brush (almost) completely nonfunctional though, as nothing would be able to get adjacent to the brush due to the battlement?

Edit: Rednax is right, I really need to play with battlements more . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; March 10th, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anything with a height over three.
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread a so many cool maps that make great use of uncapped pillars that I think I'll find a way to make custom caps for them. Maybe gargoyle figs with hex bases or the like.
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm actually not sure if this is BoV-legal or not, since it uses 2x D&D (I think you could use one as a Master Set and one as 2x Expansions, but this map seems more playgroundish that BoVish to me anyway)

Underground Oasis - by killercactus

The glyphs of Thorian are face-down treasures. I haven't thought up a good trap for them yet... (also, sorry about the small picture - I'm not the best at uploading good pictures to the site yet).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I'm actually not sure if this is BoV-legal or not, since it uses 2x D&D (I think you could use one as a Master Set and one as 2x Expansions, but this map seems more playgroundish that BoVish to me anyway)

Underground Oasis - by killercactus

The glyphs of Thorian are face-down treasures. I haven't thought up a good trap for them yet... (also, sorry about the small picture - I'm not the best at uploading good pictures to the site yet).
Yes, I think DnD x2 is currently not an allowable option. Do you have build instructions?
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Yes, I think DnD x2 is currently not an allowable option. Do you have build instructions?
Oops.

Here's the link to the download, but to be completely honest I don't know if I've gotten around to uploading the build instructions or not. I know I wanted to get a picture up in my tournament thread so everyone could see it, but I can't remember if I put the build instructions in here too, and I can't download it at work.

The map came about because I have 3 D&D sets, picked a map for the tourney that used one, needed one more map and the only terrain I had left was 2x D&D. Voila.

If the build instructions aren't here, let me know now and I'll post them tonight when I get home.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Oops.

Here's the link to the download, but to be completely honest I don't know if I've gotten around to uploading the build instructions or not. I know I wanted to get a picture up in my tournament thread so everyone could see it, but I can't remember if I put the build instructions in here too, and I can't download it at work.

The map came about because I have 3 D&D sets, picked a map for the tourney that used one, needed one more map and the only terrain I had left was 2x D&D. Voila.

If the build instructions aren't here, let me know now and I'll post them tonight when I get home.
Yep, they're there. Thanks!

And it's great to see the perfect example in real-life of a TD having the motivation I claimed was plausible.
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:45 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

FYI,

2 X D&D plus one expansion is a legal build in BOV.
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I think my map Entrapment would fit your criteria - it uses 2x SotM and 3x TJ.

Entrapment

As for larger D&D maps - I think that 2x BftU is the sweet spot for the set. It just doesn't have all that much terrain. 2x BftU plus an expansion offers a lot of options. While technically BoV legal, my bet is that maps using that amount will be given higher scrutiny as it's pushing the limits of the BoV restrictions. I'll be surprised if we see any maps using more than 2x BftU inducted by the end of the year.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM

I'm gonna give this thread a bump as I just recently built 2 maps out of extra terrain I had lying around for a tournament this week. Both of them use a lot of 2-hexers that I had lying around from buying expansion packs, so TD's that need extra maps that have a lot of units (like I do), and an extra RttFF lying around, might be able to build these from their extra tiles:

Dune Buggy (1x Marvel, 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, a bunch of extra Sand tiles)

RotV is listed as a requirement mainly for the 2 24-hex Rock tiles I used for the starting zones, but I suppose a bunch of extra 2-hex rocks could be used instead. The Marvel set is completely covered over, so it can be replaced with anything. The main need for this map is A LOT of 1 and 2 hex sand tiles. One of my favorite things about this map is that, for a map with a lot of single and double-hex tiles in it, it's really easy to build. Sand is the only thing on top for most of the map, and pretty much everything not on the top level isn't sand, so it gets covered by sand. When you're building it, it's really easy to see where the pieces go (much like Highways and Dieways).

Decline of Sight (1x Marvel, 1x SotM (Hive, a couple water/swamp water and a couple swamp hexes only) 1x RotV, 2x RttFF (trees only), a bunch of extra Rock, Grass and Sand tiles)

This is literally just a hodgepodge of what I had left over after I built 8 other maps. It goes well with Dune Buggy because:

1) It hardly uses any Sand
2) It uses the rest of the Marvel set that Dune Buggy didn't use
3) It uses the trees from RttFF only, and Dune Buggy uses the road only

This one used a bunch of 2-hex Rock tiles and, again, the RotV is listed because I used 2 24-hex Grass tiles for the starting zones, which could be replaced (especially with the 24-hexers from SotM). If you have 2 Marvel Breakable Walls, I'd use both of them to build this map instead of the makeshift wall I built out of 2-hexers, a Road Bridge and a couple molten lava tiles on the one side.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 4th, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This is a great thread. I will keep an eye out for non-BoV maps that are good. One that comes to mind is AliasQtips new maps. I don't recall the name right now, but basically it's a jungle castle that has been over grown. He hasn't quite completed it yet, but check it out in his blog here.

I was also wondering if it is wrong to post your own maps here? I enjoy making odd maps and may post a few if it wasn't wrong forum etiquette.
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I was also wondering if it is wrong to post your own maps here? I enjoy making odd maps and may post a few if it wasn't wrong forum etiquette.
I just posted 2 of mine right above your post, but I guess I only did so because I did exactly what ollie was talking about in the first post - built maps out of the extra terrain I had left over from other tournament maps.

I suppose it's really up to him.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios