Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2020, 12:30 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Battle Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Beast is situationally good. Whirlwind Assault is hard to set up when playing without a lot of squads and Negotiation can be avoided if tried, but sometimes he's just insane.
Yeah, I figured as much. He was not really a good pick for this game. We played another game a few nights ago that was a lot more exiting than this one. I'll try to get a write up posted soon.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old August 24th, 2020, 01:01 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You’ll never learn strengths and weaknesses till you try them out. Even to this day I have a hard time judging how some units will do in certain matchups.
Old August 24th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Beast really benefits from Professor X armies and being half of a double activation. If you run him with Iceman and get a Negotiation from Beast who then Stealth Leaps away and attacks a different enemy, then Iceman comes in and blasts and hits his 16 to remove an Order Marker, you just took out half a round for the enemy. If they then waste a turn firing into a Psychic Defense X, they're suddenly very frustrated.

I've used original X-Men to terrorize someone like an Order Marker loaded Superman before, for instance.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2020, 02:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wow, what a great system of weekly play GamerHusband! That sounds lovely and I wish I could do something like that.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2020, 03:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So glad you are having such a great time playing C3G once more. Thanks for all the battle reports too, I do enjoy reading them. Here are a few pro-tips to help you out:

1. With your system of picking armies this might not always be an option for you, but figures with multiple ranged normal attacks really want stat boosters around and are now being priced based on the idea that is what you will be doing. Both Punisher & Deadpool are units that want someone like Capt. America around to give them an extra attack die. If a direct stat booster isn't available, then the next best move is to pair them with someone who can fly them up to high ground. Not sure how many of those are in your 57 card pool, but it's a good combo to try and draft. Angel at 90 points is a great value for repositioning your units into better spots.

2. I've found after years of playing with my own gaming group, that if I see one player building an army with mostly heavy hitters (ie. 300+ points), I know I need a heavy hitter of my own. The points are balanced and it's possible to take down three 300+ units with an army of mostly ~200 point types, but it can sometimes be a challange due to the luck factor. When heavy hitters are rolling hot dice, they can drop a 200 point unit in one or two blows. When that happens it becomes more difficult for the dice to even out over the course of the game.
Old August 24th, 2020, 08:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In a low or no synergy game, heavy hitters rule the roost. The only way mid-level heroes compete well with heavy hitters is if their armies feature a lot of synergy and turn efficiency. The original X-Men can take down 1,000 points worth of heavy hitters, despite having no figures worth more than 220 points, but it's because they work so well together that they're more than the sum of their parts.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2020, 11:24 AM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you for all the feedback. I will take all your comments to mind for our next game. Looks like we are playing tomorrow night!

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Last edited by GamerHusband; August 26th, 2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old August 26th, 2020, 05:13 PM

Fun!

Old August 28th, 2020, 05:30 PM

This week was game #3 for our C3G return. As is the current rule of our group, we add 5 units to our group eligible units each week. We also let the winner of the pervious game pick any released C3G design and it to our list as well. Here are the figures that got added this week: Arkillo, the Mech Warrior Green Construct, Alfred Pennyworth, Sinestro Corps Soldier, and Bullseye. Our winner from last week picked Doctor Strange. So now we have 59 units to play with!

This weeks game was once again a two player game. We played 1500pts armies on the BOV map Blackroot. Our format was a little different. We played Marvel vs. DC. Here is a list of the teams:

Gamerhusband

Hawkgirl 225
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) 150
Solomon Grundy 290
Wonder Woman(I) 300
Poison Ivy(I) 165
Martian Manhunter(I) 300
5th Precinct Beat Cops 65

Player 2

Deadpool 285
Colossus 260
Wolverine 280
Bullseye 175
Doctor Strange 310
Red Skull (Hasbro) 190

The game started with me moving Green Arrow. Got him over to a high vantage point on the map so he could really use is 10 range to its fullest. I also brought over my squad of 5th Precinct Beat Cops, in case Player 2 tried to pick off Green Arrow. Player 2 then started to move Colossus and Wolverine across the board. The board Blackroot has a lot of evergreen trees. It made using Green Arrow’s long distance attack a little more difficult to pull off. It became clear that Player 2’s plan was going to try and use Colossus to throw Wolverine right into my starting zone.

Next round I put my order markers as follows: Wonder Woman 1, Solomon Grudy 2, and Hawkgirl 3. I won the initiative, and was able to grab Wolverine with Wonder Woman’s “Golden Lasso” and bring him adjacent to her. She was able to have height advantage and pounded him with 7 dice. During turn two I was able to kill Wolverine with Soloman Grandy. I finished off the round by having Hawkgirl use “Hawk Swoop” to its full effect by pounding Colossus for 4 wounds. The sudden death of Wolverine really threw Player 2 off his game.

The next round was all about Player 2 trying to come up with a new plan. The power of “Golden Lasso” really caught both of us off guard as to how well it works. Golden Lasso comes out to 11 spaces when taking Wonder Woman’s move into account. The round started with Bullseye taking out Green Arrow, but not before Green Arrow could finish off Deadpool. Next I still had Martin Manhunter sitting in my start zone just hanging out so I brought him into the mix. I got him into the middle of the board and was able to try out “Telepathic Directive.” Pretty cool. I got to move Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy into better positions. The round then took on a crazy turn when Player 2 used Red Skull’s “Dust of Death” on me and killed Martin Manhunter instantly! Wonder Woman then finished of Bullseye with ease.

The game concluded with a smash up of Doctor Strange, Red Skull, Wonder Woman, Solomon Gundy, and Hawkgirl. Wonder Woman was able to "Golden Lasso" Dr. Strange. He ended quickly after that. Red Skull has able to “Dust of Death” Hawkgirl soon after. That’s two of my unit wiped off the board! Solomon Gundy ended the game by pounding Red Skull to pieces.

This game was pretty cool. Player 2 started to go down fast, but Red Skull really came through at the end. Our games are getting better as we both settle back into flow if C3G. We still have the element of surprise with a lot of units powers. The power of Wonder Woman’s “Golden Lasso” was amazing. An excellent figure indeed.

With me emerging victorious for the first time, I decided to add Mr. Freeze into our list of eligible figures. I have always been a fan of him and when we were playing C3G years ago, he had not even been designed yet. In closing here is this weeks Hero and Zero of this game.

Hero

Wonder Woman: What a great unit. Golden Lasso is an amazing power. Taking out Wolverine right at the beginning was great. She really controls her area of the board. From now on she will be a respected unit in every game we play. I guess the trick is to always keep her engaged.

Zero

Wolverine: Completely caught off guard by Wonder Woman. His downfall not only spelled the end for him but Colossus as well.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old August 28th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Wolvie is great when he gets to take all the turns and just tear through the opp's army. The best way to counter him is to hit him with 1-2 big attacks and not give him time to heal. Wonder Woman is very good, I know Bats has personally stopped testing with her as he finds her to counter too many designs effectively, but he did use her to win our C3G Con tournament this year.
Old August 28th, 2020, 05:42 PM

Yeah, Wonder Woman's bad for testing because she obscures the value and annoying factor of high level defensive powers. In a competitive setting, though, she's a great tool for cutting through things like Magical Defense and Acrobatic Maneuverability that can make life tough.

The best way to counter her (though Martian Manhunter (I) is great for helping her out of this) is to engage her first and to engage her consistently. She can't use the lasso if she starts her movement engaged, so as long as you get her tied down in engagements, you take away her best tool.

But, yeah, she was my #1 pick (and the #1 pick overall) in the draft for the first C3G Con tournament and, though she wasn't my MVP, the pick really paid off for me.

Old August 28th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wonder Woman was also in the army that won the C3G tournament at Gen Con.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy