Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 27th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Black Lantern (Uncommon)

The Book of Black Lantern (Uncommon)

C3G DC WAVE 22
COSMIC FORCES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name are #008/Black Lantern Reanimate.

Character Bio - Black Lantern Corps are composed of re-animated bodies of former heroes, villains and even normal people from all across the DC Universe. They are powered by the corpse of the Anti-Monitor and are led by the Black Hand. They have the power to raise the dead. (ComicVine, 2014)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: How many black Battery Markers do these Black Lanterns have at the start of the game?
    A: None. As with Absorbing Man and Bishop, you don't start a game with markers on the card unless an ability explicitly indicates you do.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Black Lantern's Blackest Night 11 special power may place a black Battery Marker on the cards of all Black Lanterns you control.

Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: tcglkn
  • First playtest: (TrollBrute)
  • Second playtest: (tcglkn)
  • Third playtest: (IAmBatman)
  • Most Recent Update
  • Fourth playtest (tested at 140): (IAmBatman)
  • Fifth playtest (tested at 160): (Viegon)
  • Sixth playtest (tested at 160): (fret_gurglo)
  • Seventh playtest (tested at 170): (IAmBatman)
  • Eighth playtest (tested at 170): (johnny139)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Flame Gryphon

Last edited by japes; January 26th, 2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old April 27th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Lantern Recruit: Design

NAME = BLACK LANTERN

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = REVENANT
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 175

DEATH SWARM
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with this Black Lantern, you may either move up to 4 other Uncommon Black Lanterns you control up to 4 spaces each, or take a turn with one other Uncommon Black Lantern you control.

BLACKEST NIGHT 11
If an enemy figure that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead would be destroyed by this Black Lantern's attack or special power, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, place a black Battery Marker on each Black Lantern card you control, if possible. After rolling, if the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, you may remove a black Battery Marker from this card. If you do, remove all Order Markers from that card, take control of that Hero and its card, and place or remove Wound Markers until the Hero has up to 2 Life remaining.

BLACK POWER RING 2
If this Black Lantern would be destroyed, you may instead remove a black Battery Marker from this card and remove all but 3 Wound Markers from this card. This Black Lantern may never have more than 2 black Battery Markers on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 22nd, 2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 27th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome to see another Tickle LD!

Blackest Night needs to specify unique figures at least for the taking control of part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 27th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Blackest Night needs to specify unique figures at least for the taking control of part.
So he shouldn't be able to take control of the entire police force by killing one cop?

Place a black Power Marker from this card on that enemy figure's card if it is Unique, take control of that figure and that figure's Army Card, and remove any Order Markers and all but two Wound Markers on that Army Card. If all black Power Markers are removed from the affected figure's Army Card, that figure returns to the player who originally controlled it.

That work?
Old April 27th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I believe there was discussion of a more gimped version of Blackest Night on the lower-ranking Black Lanterns.

I'd like to see their Range drop as well. Either to 3 or all the way down to 1, as necessary. Stats might be worth tweaking a bit down the line but testing will show that.
Old April 27th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

We'll have to be careful moving forward what with them bonding with Drac and all.
Old April 27th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I believe there was discussion of a more gimped version of Blackest Night on the lower-ranking Black Lanterns.

I'd like to see their Range drop as well. Either to 3 or all the way down to 1, as necessary. Stats might be worth tweaking a bit down the line but testing will show that.
There was talk of just doing the ring charging part but I thought Bats wanted the full version here and on Black Hand and the simpler version for heroes who might have more complicated powers like a BL Superman or Aquaman.

What makes you want to see the range dropped? I don't feel 4 isn't that long of a Range, but I'm not opposed to tweaking it if you have a good reason.
Old April 27th, 2014, 02:36 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Did they have range at all in the comics? They had their powers, but I don't recall them ever using ring blasts.

Also, I seem to remember the rings coming specifically from Black Hand, Nekron, or Scar (the Guardian)...? Although for them I'd probably change it to whenever a figure is destroyed within X clear sight spaces, and possibly add the Black Lantern stipulation if need-be.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For class, maybe Reanimation? And, yeah, we'll have to see how they do with Dracula for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

There was talk of just doing the ring charging part but I thought Bats wanted the full version here and on Black Hand and the simpler version for heroes who might have more complicated powers like a BL Superman or Aquaman.

What makes you want to see the range dropped? I don't feel 4 isn't that long of a Range, but I'm not opposed to tweaking it if you have a good reason.
Yeah, I'd like to see the full version here. The only thing we need to decide on is where to put the Unique Hero restriction (I think we want the full Unique Hero restriction there, not just Unique, or there will still be oddness with Unique Squads).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Did they have range at all in the comics? They had their powers, but I don't recall them ever using ring blasts.

Also, I seem to remember the rings coming specifically from Black Hand, Nekron, or Scar (the Guardian)...? Although for them I'd probably change it to whenever a figure is destroyed within X clear sight spaces, and possibly add the Black Lantern stipulation if need-be.
Hmm, we need a Spidey signal here. Or I'll try to figure out if they should have range or not.

Blackest Night the power has nothing to do with figures getting rings and everything to do with them getting infected by other figures. That Loring chick infected Hawkman and co, and plenty of others were killed and infected during the series. I believe that there's also something where if Black Lanterns bite you, you get an infection that will eventually turn you into one. The rings just find you after you're dead.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The Black Lanterns are corpses reanimated by black power rings, which are fueled by the power of death. Corpses reanimated by black power rings are reconstructed if damaged, keeping the body in working order at all times.[41] Black power rings are capable of regenerating typically fatal injuries inflicted upon their users (including decapitation and complete dissolution).[26][42] The rings generate black tendrils to "root" themselves into the corpses, making it impossible to remove them by physical force.[9]

The first black power rings possess no charge, but each time a Black Lantern kills someone and removes their heart, .01 percent power is restored to every ring in the Corps.[8][43] In Blackest Night #3, Indigo-1 solidifies this theme by explaining that those who rise feed off emotion. Even at low power levels, black rings enable their user to fly and create black energy constructs. They are also unaffected by magic.[25] In "classic" zombie fashion, the bite of a Black Lantern induces a slow-acting necrosis that eventually turns the victim into a fellow Black Lantern. It's unknown if this power can work on any living being, or only those characters who have been reanimated from death before (such as Superman, Green Arrow, and Donna Troy).[44][....] In addition to the abilities granted to them by the rings, Black Lanterns retain any skills and superpowers they may have had in life.
It does say they create constructs. Not sure if that's enough to justify range or not. We'll have to assume these guys are all unpowered victims.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Between the Black Lanterns and Dracula, the whole C3G'verse(unique heroes at least) are potential Undead teammates for Judge Death.
I will be very interested to see what the points are for this design. It would be great if the four Dark Judges and one Black Lantern comes in at about 1000 points(doubtful though).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
So he shouldn't be able to take control of the entire police force by killing one cop?

Place a black Power Marker from this card on that enemy figure's card if it is Unique, take control of that figure and that figure's Army Card, and remove any Order Markers and all but two Wound Markers on that Army Card. If all black Power Markers are removed from the affected figure's Army Card, that figure returns to the player who originally controlled it.

That work?
That sounds familiar.

I'd word it like this:

If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, place a black Power Marker from this card on that figure's card, take control of that figure and that figure's Army Card, and remove any Order Markers and all but two Wound Markers on that Army Card. If all black Power Markers are removed from the affected figure's Army Card, that figure returns to the player who originally controlled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library