Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 1st, 2018, 03:20 AM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart
Exclamation My thread of minis 3d print

Hey there,
I will update this main post as I release new files and produce more prints.

I got into heroscape about 4 months ago. Ebay and this forum are my shopping center.
But a few units are a little too expensive for me.
Example : Knights of Weston = 30$ - 40$ for a squad.
By printing my own units, the cost goes back to 7c + painting job.
I own a cheap 200$ printer, technology has evolved; high quality prints are possible for that budget now (Video about it at the end of this post)

So I went a head on Heroforge and generated some fairly similar looking proxy / copy :

Here is my attempt for the Knights of Weston :

Reminder :

This is my attempt for Protectors of ullar
(Couldn't make the wings bigger sadly)

Reminder :

ROMANS

Aubrien Archers

Ashigaru Yari

Johnny Shotgun

Monk

Greenscale

In order to print high quality mini with a printer under 200$,
here is the secret setting : (Take the time to watch the video, it will make your PLA print look like resin. Yes it will take 1 night per print, but it will look flawless)

Voilà, this was my 2c on 3D print MINI/Proxi for heroscape.

Will update the list and show you my prints/paints as soon as I have some time.
Please, feel free to ask me anything, or give me your feedback.

J.

INDEX : Green I own the print file. Grey I don't, I just designed it in case anyone is interested.

Last edited by quizzcode; September 1st, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:45 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Re: My thread of minis 3d print

Good stuff, thanks for sharing that video. I’m not familiar with Heroforge (new to this), but do you have to pay for designs you make that you’re printing yourself?
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:52 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Welcome quizzcode, welcome to Heroscapers!

I'll be interested to see how your prints came out. I'll also take a look at the video sometime to see if I can improve my prints.

I have a scan of a Protector of Ullar with pretty decent wings if you'd like me to put better wings on your sculpt using Blender (Or I can post the model for you to do it). The rest of the Protector of Ullar model isn't so detailed, so you'd be better with a combination of the two.
Old September 1st, 2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Good stuff, thanks for sharing that video. I’m not familiar with Heroforge (new to this), but do you have to pay for designs you make that you’re printing yourself?
Yes, heroforge make you pay about 10$ per design. That's why I'am sticking to one position per unit. But if you're good enough, with blender or maya, you can probably move the arms around etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I'll be interested to see how your prints came out. I'll also take a look at the video sometime to see if I can improve my prints.
It is still printing, 8h print on the go, but so far, seeing through the support, it looks really good ! Looking forward to clean that mini up. (Knight)

Thank you for your offer for the wing, I'm not that great at 3D modeling, I have actually zero experience, so I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Adding the ROMANS to the collection (If the print is green is because I bought it; if grey, it's just the model)

I'am planning on purchasing some of the most "rare" design and share them with the community later on.

Old September 1st, 2018, 10:58 AM

Talking Re: My thread of minis 3d print

Adding this to the list :

Aubrien Archers

Ashigaru Yari

Johnny Shotgun

Monk

Greenscale
Old September 1st, 2018, 11:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Completely awesome. Thanks for sharing!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:04 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

I watched a few more of that guy’s videos. He also talked about this site, you can model figures for free. I messed with it for 20 minutes, it’s a little buggy, but I was able to make a figure and bring it into blender where the character has an overwhelming number of vertices. I assume someone with skill (or me after a lot of practice) might be able to make some really nice models using these as a base.
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Desktophero3d.com is completely free. You can pose the figures a multitude of different ways and make as many as you want. It may not have as many options as your other one.....but its free. Ive made a lion man archer, a dragonborn hero, a witch, some assassins, some elephant men in roman esk armor. Lots of cool stuff on there.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 1st, 2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Desktophero3d.com is completely free. You can pose the figures a multitude of different ways and make as many as you want. It may not have as many options as your other one.....but its free. Ive made a lion man archer, a dragonborn hero, a witch, some assassins, some elephant men in roman esk armor. Lots of cool stuff on there.
I can’t wait to dive in. At first glance it looks perfect for proxies. (Come up with a model that passable for a squad type, then do 3 different poses and make a squad.) I’m supposed to get the printer somewhere between Sept 11-15. I can’t remember a wait being this agonizing
Old September 1st, 2018, 01:00 PM

Wow Dope ! I will give it a try !
Tho I like the style of heroroge
Old September 1st, 2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzcode View Post
They’re probably prettier on heroforge, for sure
Old September 1st, 2018, 01:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzcode View Post
No doubt heroforge does great work, but at 10 dollars an stl plus print time you will be shucking out some cash. I say, save that cash for more filament.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles