Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah

Those would make a great marro squad, I love em.
Old October 28th, 2006, 11:19 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Quote:

Those would make a great marro squad, I love em.
They would make a great Therian squad! :P

I honestly believe HS has A LOT to do with this game being made.

I also think it will bring certain elements to HS as well.

Old October 29th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think HS, DDM, SWM and the WizKids games all have something to do with Rackham and Mongoose companies going for prepainted armies. The earlier games have paved the way to allow companies to find inexpensive and reliable sources for painting figures at such a large production scale and have shown that it can be profitable (if they don't screw up the game system...<clears throat>...WizKids...). With Rackham, Mongoose and HS next year, I'm going to be eating a lot of ramen noodles.

Newb.
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
I'm trying to talk myself out of pre-ordering AT-43. I know I have neither the time nor the dough but it looks so cool! If I don't pre-order but then decide I have to get it I'll have to pay full price $80!

Also does anyone know how these guys (Rackhan, Mongoose) are getting pre-paints of such generally good quality? Has there been some new technology which machine paints them or are they just painted by hand by extremely underpaid craftsmen?
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Newb, et al, I agree w/all that's been written here and will take it one step further. I believe that Rackham and Mongoose have finally seen that by making a pre-painted game, they've opened up their market to all the folks like me. Folks who have no talent or time for painting minis, but love to play the games.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-painted games have not forced some of this to occur. It gets hard to justify spending insane amounts of money on metal minis, paints, etc., when for $40, HS is ready to go w/in 30 minutes of purchase (reading rules, setting up, etc.).

aardvark22, I believe they are still hand painted. If there has been any improvement in technology, it has been in the thumb screws they are using on the underpaid laborers you mentioned.

*Tries to avoid another debate about the morality of HS, et al...*

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I refuse to buy any figs unless they are painted by sweaty seven year olds
Old October 29th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Bring em over, I know just the kids.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:29 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
I've been combing over their boards for a couple of weeks, and the difference between Confrontation players and HS players is a LARGE one.
I'm curious - could you summarize some of the major differences you've noticed?

Also, from what I've read, people interested in the Rackham shouldn't be looking at that impossibly-good picture of the minis - it is not likely that the paintjobs will remotely be that quality.

Yer just setting yourself up for disappointment by looking at that picture.
This pic would be better to keep in mind and budget for:

Old October 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Even if the figures are of the dissapointing paint jobs as shown in Repears post, the models are exactly the same, and could look really great once repainted by enthusiasts. Someone said they would look good as a Marro squad - I totally agree! Would look great in a Marro paint scheme. They strike me as looking like some sort of Marro Cyborg hybrid type things.
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Both Rackham sets look good to me. I've seen bad paintjobs and neither set of those paintjobs fall into that category.

The new Thor from Supernove looks cool:

Newb.
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:58 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by robaula
Even if the figures are of the dissapointing paint jobs as shown in Repears post, the models are exactly the same, and could look really great once repainted by enthusiasts.
Just a point of order -

if they require enthusiast re-paintjobs, then that is not likely for most players to accomplish.

The point of this release AFAIK is to appeal to the pre-painted crowd (which I believe is much larger than the tiny niche crowd that likes to paint and personalize their armies with hundreds of hours of skill, $$$ and expert effort).

The paintjobs need to be good enough OUT OF THE BOX to appeal to people like us that like HS.
If not, then the release has failed in its prime purpose, I believe.

And I just don;t know if those (worse) paintjobs are good enough to get my to want to spend significantly more than HS figs.
It is a delicate balancing act Rackham is on.
Mongoose has touted how their process will lead to substantially better paintjobs then Rackham's figs.

We'll see.
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:08 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
Well another point-I really can't see a scaper rejecting AT-43 on the basis of the paint job. Even the lesser quality pic is a great deal better than the typical Heroscape fig, particularly the more recent ones. I just got a couple of flagbearers and I am very underwhelmed by the quality. Rather I think the issue is more the cost per fig/starter set. The AT-43 starter set is twice the cost of Heroscape and on the surface anyway contains fewer "pieces" particularly when you consider that AT-43 does not include the terrain system found in scape.

But I'm thinking that perhaps the Marvel scape terrain, when properly grunged up might make a good terrain system for AT-43 & other similar games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions