Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM

WestEnd has disabled reputation
Heroscape Army Drafter

Ok, I have spent some time looking for a good army creator, one that would help me pick units and for the most part I have not seemed to find exactly what I want. The fetcher that I wanted the most is the ability to make an informed decision about different army cards and what ones would be good to take based on the powers the card has. So I built this, http://westend.d2g.com/heroscape.

It is running on a system that is somewhat taxed, so please be a little patient with it, it mite take a little time to load the first time but after that it seems to run ok.

At the moment if there is a fetcher that someone would like to see in the future please just post it here for the time being.

Enjoy and Thanks…
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, WestEnd!

On behalf of our software coding and resource adding community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

Your builder is very similar to the one on the official site, though much cleaner in use. Another interesting tool is the Suprisingly Tart Draft Wizard - it uses synergies to produce some really interesting combinations of units. http://mail.magnaspeed.net/~seyer/hsdraft.htm

~Aldin, who couldn't code his way out of a paper bag

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
Welcome to the boards!

There is a not so good army builder on www.heroscape.com Its the Official Site around here!

I like waffles!
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the comments.

I did try a number of army builders, including the one on Heroscape.com, but all of the ones I tried always seemed to have too much clicking. This was why I set it up so that all I had to do was scroll and click once to add someone. I know I can make it better I hope some people pass along some suggestions.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I took a look over your army builder, looks pretty cool. Just so you know you are missing the 5 flagbeares and 2 exclusives (Nerak, Sir Hawthorne) and the Elite Onyx Vipers. If you don't have these figures there cards are up in the gallery of this site, so you can still add them to your chart.

Great job on it though, I will probably be using it sometime soon.

Old July 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Looks good, I like it. I would say the next thing you need to work on is a way to print out the army you have created.
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM

tgskt7 has disabled reputation
I like it. Just tried it and it's pretty cool. I was going to suggest a way to sort by general and then my brain kicked in. So let me instead suggest a way to sort within a sort. Example: I sort by general, then within that (without having to filter) I alphabetize or sort by cost, etc. Might be a little picky, but really I don't see anything else to suggest yet.

And don't worry about graphics. It works, it looks good enough. You have pics of the figures. Just add the missing units and it's good enough for me.
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM

tgskt7
Sorting on more than one column is not difficult at the backend, but the front end is where it gets lost. How do you present it so that it makes some kind of sense on what to do to sort on multiple columns and the order?

lonewolf
What info would you like to see when you print, points and card name?

Thank you to everyone that has looked it over, all of the units should be in the system now along with wave 7.

More feed back is always good...
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:21 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestEnd
lonewolf
What info would you like to see when you print, points and card name?

More feed back is always good...
Maybe a summary listing the units that you chose to draft and their pt costs.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
I currently use HS Manager, but unless they've updated with a Wave 7 version (and fixed some of the more troublesome typos, such as filing Heavy Gruts as kyrie) I'd love to see what yours can do Give us a holler when you've got all the current units from the gallery in there; I actually don't know how to navigate the gallery yet, but I do have this one link saved that has the catalouge of card scans: http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=258 There should be a scan of the new ComicCon exclusive, Master Win Chiu Woo, available in the General board, if you want to plug him in as well. He's the only Aquilla unit we've seen so far, but you may as well add her name to the Affiliation list or whatever you call it.
Thanks for your much-needed contribution to the community! I have too much stuff on my comp already, so I'll wait 'till you've got all the figures filed into your program before I download it but I'm eager to see what it can do The official site's army creator is total bunk, it doesn't even have but one unit for all of Wave 6 in its roster, that being the Tagawa archers (at least that's how it was when I tried it a few weeks ago).

EDIT: Oh wait, I just looked at it; I thought it was a download like HS Manager Good stuff so far, my man!
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM

All of the army cards from Swarm of the Marro and Master Woo have been added to the list.

Also Raelin and Drake have had a v2 added to the ends of there names to make it as clear as posible that they are the revised versions.

I have to say I am a little disapointed in the verity of army cards in Swarm of the Marro, but I do like what is there.
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Ok, I have added a print link that lists all of the units that you selected. To change the columns that will be printed change the "Display Columns" for the list of all units and when you go to the print page it will display those columns and then you can just use the browsers print functionality to print out your army.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software