Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old November 27th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Virtualscape on mac?

How does one use Virtualscape for a mac? I have several maps I've been working on, and have long wanted to post maps on here. I have about 4 total, two of which I feel are final and ready to post. Right now I'm using my old laptop for virtualscape, but that's the only thing I use it for and it is time to let it go. Now I have a mac but virtualscape won't run on it normally, or at least I can't get it to.

If someone could add a (somewhat) detailed walkthrough if it's a complicated process, it would be much appreciated. I'm not the best with computers.
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:22 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Virtualscape on mac?

@Cleon ,

There isn't a virtualscape for mac. There used to be a program called LandScape which was basically like virtualscape, but for mac; however I don't think it exists anymore.
Old November 29th, 2014, 08:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
How does one use Virtualscape for a mac? I have several maps I've been working on, and have long wanted to post maps on here. I have about 4 total, two of which I feel are final and ready to post. Right now I'm using my old laptop for virtualscape, but that's the only thing I use it for and it is time to let it go. Now I have a mac but virtualscape won't run on it normally, or at least I can't get it to.

If someone could add a (somewhat) detailed walkthrough if it's a complicated process, it would be much appreciated. I'm not the best with computers.
I think most Mac users use a Windows OS via bootcamp to run Virtualscape on Mac. There are lots of tutorials out there outlining how to get a Windows OS set up on your Mac via bootcamp. Once that is done, getting VirtualScape installed is easy-peasy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

I think most Mac users use a Windows OS via bootcamp to run Virtualscape on Mac. There are lots of tutorials out there outlining how to get a Windows OS set up on your Mac via bootcamp. Once that is done, getting VirtualScape installed is easy-peasy.
Ok, thanks! I talked to my roommate too about bootcamp->Windows OS and he said it's not a big deal getting it. I'll look up a tutorial and try later this week. Thanks again

And thanks for the response too, ninja status
Old December 8th, 2017, 09:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm assuming that there is still no current suitable option for VirtualScape on Macs? I'd love to post maps here, but it's tough to justify running bootcamp just so that I can make HeroScape maps.
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nope. I've messed around with the VirtualScape code. I think making it cross-platform will require significant time from someone with a strong understanding of OpenGL. I don't meet either of those requirements, unfortunately. I thought I remembered reading that one of the other, newer projects was working on a map editor.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:13 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I unfortunately don't have a strong understanding of OpenGL, either, so I doubt I'll be of much help in giving Mac users an option to build and share maps here. It may be a long shot now that so much time has passed, but I'd be absolutely ecstatic to find any sort of plan to create a HeroScape program for Macs.
Old December 11th, 2017, 01:07 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

It’s really out of date (I think only has sets up to SoTM), but you can download Landscape and see thread on it, then send “sol” file to someone with SolidScape (need someone here to reupload old download). I know there was discussion of people getting VirtualScape to run in Parallels or Wine on MacOS or Linux, but Bootcamp is the best bet.

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 11th, 2017 at 01:25 AM.
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:49 AM

Ah, I had heard of LandScape, but I saw that the project was put on hiatus and never finished. I've never heard of SolidScape before, though, so I'll have to take a look at that. It's unfortunate that it looks like Bootcamp is the only option for Mac users, but thanks for the help anyway!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software