Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
HS trading card mock-ups?

I know theres some trading card-sized cards for the HS figs here somewhere, but i can't find them. I searched yesterday, and i looked in the downloads, but still can't find them. Some help please?
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
has been BANNED

okay, so i found what i was looking for in the gallery, but now i ask, what is a good type of paper to print them on? Should i buy thinker paper for them? I want to put them in some sleeves, but have none at the moment, so i have to buy some of those. I know they add thickness, but do they add enough thickness to print on regular printer paper?
Old August 6th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
okay, so i found what i was looking for in the gallery, but now i ask, what is a good type of paper to print them on? Should i buy thinker paper for them? I want to put them in some sleeves, but have none at the moment, so i have to buy some of those. I know they add thickness, but do they add enough thickness to print on regular printer paper?
Just get cardstock to print them on. The cards by Lordraidor are great and don't use that much ink.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I added another example of playing-card sized HS cards to that Gallery - I think there are a few good efforts missing from our Archive of this kind of card.

The other 2 files of this kind won't fit in the Gallery (they are 1375 x 2120)- does any Admin know of the best way around this?

Also - does anyone have the Mimring card done by that guy on BGG?
It was beautiful, and a good example of an alternate-sized card, also.
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
has been BANNED

i like tose ones, reaper, but the other ones use much less ink
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM

KillMeForPrizes has disabled reputation
Wow those are really nice card - art is very good!

K/H_Addict, most of my custom cards (can been seen in the gallery - link in my sig) are trading card sizes - double sided as well - print/fold and slip into a clear card sleve or sheet.
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I added another example of playing-card sized HS cards to that Gallery - I think there are a few good efforts missing from our Archive of this kind of card.

The other 2 files of this kind won't fit in the Gallery (they are 1375 x 2120)- does any Admin know of the best way around this?

Also - does anyone have the Mimring card done by that guy on BGG?
It was beautiful, and a good example of an alternate-sized card, also.
I wanted to use these and even asked about them. I was told that they were still not ready and would be done soon. As it was there were not enough done that I could use them in my tournament so I went with Lordraidors simple cards that are nice and easy to read. I'm not going to hang em on the wall... To me thay are simply tools to read my unit stats.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:18 PM
has been BANNED

I'm not trying to be funny here, but could someone help me understand the purpose of creating and making different cards, again?

I honestly forget why one wouldn;t simply use the HS cards to reference their units abilities.
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
I'm not trying to be funny here, but could someone help me understand the purpose of creating and making different cards, again?

I honestly forget why one wouldn;t simply use the HS cards to reference their units abilities.
I like the trading card shape and size for times when you need the space. At the last Dallas tourney I had my little stack of cards that I could put in my pocket as I was moving my stuff from table to table. It is simply just a nice little alternative and in no way is it necessary. There are just some of us with a preference.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:

I like the trading card shape and size for times when you need the space. At the last Dallas tourney I had my little stack of cards that I could put in my pocket as I was moving my stuff from table to table. It is simply just a nice little alternative and in no way is it necessary. There are just some of us with a preference.
I like to create randomly generated armies, so using the card-size cards in sleeve protectors work great for this. I shuffle the cards, then deal a card for my army. If that army enhances or bonds with another type of unit, I'll dig through the deck, extract that unit to go with it, and reshuffle the rest of the deck. Rinse and repeat, ignoring armies that take you over your assigned point total.

As Grungebob stated, I also like the fact that these cards take up less space.

Another thing I toyed with recently was an idea of "Heroscape: The Card Game." It would be a 2-player game where you deal 5 cards to each player. Each player arranges the 5 cards in positions 1-5 in front of them. I will spare you the gory details on this, but you're basically battling cards directly without creating any board. All you need are these cards, the dice, and the wound markers. I'm not sure this idea will ever go anywhere, but it was the first thing I thought of doing after I printed out these cards.

-David
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well...

Quote:
I honestly forget why one wouldn't simply use the HS cards to reference their units abilities.
...Honestly, ...I made my card-sized templates for five reasons:
  • They take up less table space.
  • They can be shuffled and dealt easily.
  • They can be 'concealed' if using an alternate drafting method (Pass and Pick).
  • They are easier to read. (Yep, the font-size on my cards like the Airborne Elites and Jotun is actually larger than the specials on the 'official' cards.)
  • and finally, 'cause I wanted my customs to look like the rest of my 'official' units without all of that hard graphixication-work and burned printer ink... ^_^

As to the card images you posted, ...those were being made by Fl0ydski back at HSHQ. I was supplying him with the figure photos for some of his cards, but I haven't heard from him in quite some time...

If anyone has a full set of the cards Fl0ydski did manage to complete before HSHQ folded, please e-mail them to me, and I'll post them in the Gallery here (no matter how big they are)...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:08 AM
has been BANNED

The Gallery won't allow them to be uploaded.
file size restrictions. I don;t know what's better/more realistic - get the file size restrictions changed, or just lower the res. It would help to know what the max resolution is, though.

I have all 20 of them that he made, AFAIK. I don;t think he made anymore.....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion