Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:47 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: How to share your maps with the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:
So, I'm having trouble downloading the PDF's for my maps to Google docs.

The problem occurs after the file appears to be downloaded, once I click the link, it says, "no preview" and shows a picture of a grey folder.

Any ideas?
I'm not sure why this would happen, but I've found Mediafire (50 GB for free) to be much easier to use.
Thanks!

I've been thinking -- maybe it doesn't have to do with Google docs, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Here's how I tried it:

First, I go to my Google drive (after logging in, obviously), then I click upload, and click files, from there it goes to documents, I then click my VS file, and then my file Heroscape Boards, from there it shows the files of the various maps I've made (the schematics), I then select the chosen map, and a little box appears in the bottom right corner of the screen informing me of it's download, after a few seconds of waiting, it's finished downloading, from there it's in my Ggoogle docs file, when I try to view it it says, "no preview available" and shows a picture of a grey folder.

Am I doing anything wrong?
it doesn't sound like you've turned your maps into Pdf.s That's kinda necessary.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The problem occurs after the file appears to be downloaded, once I click the link, it says, "no preview" and shows a picture of a grey folder.

Any ideas?
I'm not sure why this would happen, but I've found Mediafire (50 GB for free) to be much easier to use.
Thanks!

I've been thinking -- maybe it doesn't have to do with Google docs, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Here's how I tried it:

First, I go to my Google drive (after logging in, obviously), then I click upload, and click files, from there it goes to documents, I then click my VS file, and then my file Heroscape Boards, from there it shows the files of the various maps I've made (the schematics), I then select the chosen map, and a little box appears in the bottom right corner of the screen informing me of it's download, after a few seconds of waiting, it's finished downloading, from there it's in my Ggoogle docs file, when I try to view it it says, "no preview available" and shows a picture of a grey folder.

it doesn't sound like you've turned your maps into Pdf.s That's kinda necessary.
I know this is a n00bish question. How would I do that?
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Here's how I tried it:

Try using Cute PDF writer. It's a free software. Simply install it and click 'print' then select Cute PDF as the printer. I use it and it is a safe software.
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Here's how I tried it:

Try using Cute PDF writer. It's a free software. Simply install it and click 'print' then select Cute PDF as the printer. I use it and it is a safe software.
Yup, I use CutePDF as well. All the info is in the OP, section 5.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I figure it's not going to do any harm.

Would there be a market for maps and scenarios that use only RotV? It's the only set of tiles that I own, save a pair of snow two-hexes. I would guess I'm not the only one here who is dirt poor . Of course I could make maps with VS using parts I don't have, but for me it's easier to get the creative juices flowing if I have all the pieces physically spread out before me on a table.

These wouldn't have to be BoV quality maps necessarily, it could just be a thread in the maps forum for anybody who is interested.

Is there any interest at all in this? Let me know if there is so I can get the ball rolling on this one. Thanks!
Old August 10th, 2018, 11:39 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Anyone know how to open .hsc files on an iPhone?
Old August 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
I don't think you've can with any Apple product. At least, I've tried a few times and never have.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:16 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
I don't think you've can with any Apple product. At least, I've tried a few times and never have.
Damn. Oh well, I’ll dust off he laptop
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:26 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

It seems that posting my maps is beyond my knowledge. I do have Virtualscape, no CutePDF yet, not sure how to use GIMP or Paint for Virtualscape. When it comes to this tutorial, there seems to be something that I'm missing.
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

What part trips you up? If you don't have CutePDF, just download it. It's free and easy to install. Paint works just fine, and that should already be on your computer.
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:38 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
What part trips you up? If you don't have CutePDF, just download it. It's free and easy to install. Paint works just fine, and that should already be on your computer.
Which CutePDF should I download and how does it help. I use a laptop, also how does GIMP and Paint.NET help anyways. Watched Longscaper Virtualscape 101 today, and it had an old version of Virtualscape in the tutorial. Now I use Virtualscape to make maps, the only thing that don't yet how to post my maps. There is a problem, Virtualscape doesn't have a link to copy on side.
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Gimp or Paint or Paint.net is if you want to add text to the picture of your map (a name for your name, for example).

Why do you need a link to copy?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios