Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 14th, 2018, 11:11 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

My custom unit Skalmad consist troll miniature you may like. This troll might be better than any troll hero. When I started to post this custom on my thread, I was anxious to playtest this unit. Here is the army card for this troll hero.
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

At first glance he looks pretty good....but what is the miniature and it's availability?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:34 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

The figure used for this unit is a Troll from the D&D set. The name and model number is Skalmad, the Troll King Dangerous Delve #34.

I am not sure about the price of this miniature, the site might differ. Where I got was amazon for $12.47 cents.
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:45 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
The figure used for this unit is a Troll from the D&D set. The name and model number is Skalmad, the Troll King Dangerous Delve #34.

I am not sure about the price of this miniature, the site might differ. Where I got was amazon for $12.47 cents.
The price is one thing...but how many miniatures in the market are there? In order to be considered for SoV there need to be enough of the miniature in the market for a reasonable number of 'scapers to be able to purchase without the figure becoming super rare.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like Skalmad's simple power set.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

The price is one thing...but how many miniatures in the market are there? In order to be considered for SoV there need to be enough of the miniature in the market for a reasonable number of 'scapers to be able to purchase without the figure becoming super rare.
If you are using Amazon, then it will be 2 left in stock. I am not sure what other sites that sell this miniature.
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

If you are using Amazon, then it will be 2 left in stock. I am not sure what other sites that sell this miniature.
You'll need to make sure there is more availability. I think the general rule is that a Unique Hero needs to have 50 - 70 figures CURRENTLY available in the market. You'll want to check more sites that sell miniatures and see what kind of stock they have.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:40 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a bit late but...

Quote:
You could make Smoke Cloud like Thorian Speed or something that protects you from d20 specials.
Just change the wording on Smoke Cloud to match Estivara's Cloud of Darkness so that it remains active till the next order marker. That version of the ability already has precedent, and the memory mechanic will now be tied to a physical thing in the form of an order marker. This would mostly retain the same functionality as what you currently have.
Old September 15th, 2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I'm a bit late but...

Quote:
You could make Smoke Cloud like Thorian Speed or something that protects you from d20 specials.
Just change the wording on Smoke Cloud to match Estivara's Cloud of Darkness so that it remains active till the next order marker. That version of the ability already has precedent, and the memory mechanic will now be tied to a physical thing in the form of an order marker. This would mostly retain the same functionality as what you currently have.
I changed Smoke Cloud to Shadow Reflexes, so they are protected from non-adjacent attacks and other range stuff.
Old September 15th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm making a custom with Skalmad mini. He's basically a cheerleader for ogres, trolls and giants.

Old September 15th, 2018, 02:19 AM

You may want cheerleader units that synergies with their species. If you making a troll custom, make synergy with other trolls a thing. It will be confusing with a troll that has synergy with ogres. The classic game has 2 in the form of Feral Troll & Ice Troll Berserker and there are 2 ogres miniatures that Ogre Pulverizer & Ogre Warhulk. When I was searching the C3V and SoV books, I saw no book of any troll or ogre.
Old September 15th, 2018, 03:09 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that we're straying a bit from the intended purpose of this thread at this point.

@superfrog :
I know that you took Chalice of Fortitude as inspiration for the wording of Unholy Fervor, but I think that something along these lines sounds a little more natural. Just something to consider:
Quote:
When attacking or defending with Agrah Fenh, if there are two or more wounds on this card, add 1 automatic skull or shield to whatever is rolled.
Also on the topic of the automatic shield, I think that it adds a nice flair to the design. 6 life with 2 defense is somewhat normal, but the shield evokes him being wounded and hanging on to life for longer than he should. Since he will only have at most 3 life while it's active, I also don't think that it'll be too powerful, but if it is, then I could see it being dropped over the other parts of the design.

Also, did you intend to rename Dragonkind Enmity to Dragonkind Enemy? So far as I can tell, it's still the same as the ability for the Nhah Scirh Cultists.

@Heroscaper 101 :
I liked the first version of the Blood Mist Ninjas far more. I think that the points being leveraged against them were mostly:

1) To be in the SoV, you might need to find three different ninja sculpts for sale online in large quantities. I recommend checking sites like MiniatureMarket, CoolStuffInc, and whatnot to get a better idea of the availability and price for the figures rather than Amazon (also, you can generally find C3V/SoV minis for cheaper from those places, too).

Here's a quick google search of HeroClix's Hand Ninjas. If you can find 3 cheap, widely available sculpts, then I think that would pretty much solve this problem.

2) Smoke Cloud can be confusing if it relies on them staying put. While Estivara's Cloud of Darkness had that limitation, you could easily cut that clause out, leaving them invisible even if they're moved by the opponent, and keep the power as-is. I think that it works rather well, and gives them more flair than a new version of Thorian Speed.

3) Sacred Dagger might be a little too strong combining Double Attack and Deadly Strike. This would show in playtesting, though, and could easily be addressed with a price bump (my estimate of 130 was just a rough one, and you may need to adjust it if these guys are too strong in your games).

As for Skalmad, I like his design and sculpt, but the availability might not be there for SoV. Unfortunately, there's not really much that we can do if a figure becomes too rare/expensive to find. It's fine to use a rare figure for a personal custom, but SoV judges typically expect to find over 50 copies of a Unique Hero for sale, to ensure that a good proportion of the community can enjoy the "official" figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards