Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:41 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Combine any 3 cards 3/page with GIMP Script-Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
Can anyone recommend a specific brand name and type of paper for printing custom cards, I believe I saw a thread about this a while back, but I can't seem to find it now...thanks!
Most shops that offer printing also offer printing on cardstock, which is the stock that cards a printed on

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 01:43 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
Can anyone recommend a specific brand name and type of paper for printing custom cards, I believe I saw a thread about this a while back, but I can't seem to find it now...thanks!
Perhaps it was a this thread where I talked about what I use?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Updated, tweaking slightly to fix a problem @comicboy had when overlapping cards exported with MSE. Redownload if you use to combine MSE exports, unnecessary for ones used with GreyOwl templates or C3G/C3V cards, for which I highly recommend using X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer instead as it does not require fist downloading the cards.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:06 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
After each card is added as layers, run my script in the menu Layers → Overlap Layers. In the prompt select the margins as follows: for C3V/C3G and most other exports that are 5.37*5.09 inches with a red outline and a cut-off border around each card, leave them at 30 Left/Right and 45 Top/Bottom. For ones exported with MSE or others without any border, you can increase the margins to 60. If you print and on some printers the margin is not big enough that it cuts off the sides, you can increase the margins, but it will overlap the cards, so be careful either way. Select "Flip Left-Right" if you are printing backs (such as advanced and basic cards, or comic and figure backgrounds). Hit "OK" and watch the magic.
I got to here, but instead of seeing the magic, I got

"Overlap Layers Message
Error while executing script-fu-lefton4ya-layers-arrange-overlap:
Error: eval: unbound variable: gimp-context-set-antialias"

and have no idea what else to do. Any help?

EDIT: Let's try @lefton4ya

Last edited by CrazyTankster; October 22nd, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 25th, 2014, 02:40 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@CrazyTankster @Rudiger had the same issue and he was using an older version of GIMP. Try downloading the newest version. If that doesn't work, let me know the following: which versions of GIMP you have tried, what OS, what cards (C3V/C3G/CUC, MSE/GreyOwl templates exports, etc) you are combining, when you create new image before adding layers, what color space and fill are you using (advanced options)?
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:08 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

@lefton4ya I'm giving this a shot with some of the official cards from the books of threads. I'm saving them as jpg, opening an 8.5x11 150 ppi, importing the pictures as layers and running the script. See my results below. Have you seen this before? Could it be related to the jpg pixel size, or maybe I have to tweak the margin sizes when I run the script?

Edit- fixed it. Had to adjust the pixel size in paint so all 3 were the same height. Worked like a charm

Last edited by shaolin; September 14th, 2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 08:12 PM

crazafon is surprisingly tart
I'm using the script-fu for GIMP and am having troubles with pdf files from the google drive compilation with all the basic units. I import three cards as layers and they all appear normally, but when I run the overlap as layers script the process completes and shows only a blank page. The cards seem to disappear after the script finishes. I'm not having these issues when using JPG files from lefton4ya's competitive unit alters (which are great btw). Any tips on how to make this work?

I'm trying to print off a few replacement cards for units I purchased that didn't come with them, and also am printing some cards with altered stats. If possible, I'd love to print a basic side on the back too, just for appearance. That's part of where the pdf files from the drive come in, as they contain the basic sides of units.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 21st, 2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:36 PM

@crazafon - Ahh yes scans will have a little more issue because the "white" part of the scan around the card is not white enough for my script to detect. I was thinking of tweaking the script a bit and adding some more option boxes. For now you can try tweaking the code yourself (its not too difficult):
  1. Opening the script file and changing the #s in lines 55 and 56 from 6 and 3 to a lot more (20 or 50). You can also try commenting out/deleting line 74 (add a ";" to the start of the line comments it out)
    Quote:
    (gimp-context-set-sample-criterion 6)
    (gimp-context-set-sample-threshold-int 3)
    ;(gimp-layer-resize layer (+(car (gimp-drawable-width layer)) 4) (+(car (gimp-drawable-height layer)) 4) 2 2) ;add 2 pixel border to layer
  2. Save the script
  3. Refresh the scripts with menu: Filters → Script-Fu → Refresh Scripts
  4. Rerun script. See if better. You can also do Undo (Ctrl+Z) after running the script to see if any better.
  5. If not better, redo all steps above and tweak #s and commenting out line 74 or not. If it blanks out you went to far.
Old July 25th, 2021, 08:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Finally getting to give the GIMP Script-Fu a shot and holy crap is this amazing. Thanks!!!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 15th, 2021, 09:08 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't get the Script-Fu - Google is giving me a 403 error when I try to open it
Old September 19th, 2022, 05:46 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does this work if the images are PDFs? @itsbuzzi 's high res scans are all PDF format
Old September 24th, 2022, 08:25 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I had done it before but didn't remember what the outcome was, so I just tried it again and it does work with PDFs.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software