Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Transcripts of email to Hasbro/and now WOTC

Ok, so I'm making a thread, but I'm keeping it on perma lock. It will be a repository for full transcripts of email exchanges to Hasbro Customer Service. This is intended to help people see the communication lines.

It is also to pull over items from HSHQ that may otherwise not have a solid home here but I would like to see.

If you have a message that you would like added here, or see one posted on the forums that is not here, please PM me with the message or a link to the post and I will copy it over to here, crediting the source.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.G.Snakeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

No matter how many squads of Macdirk Warriors you draft, they can only have 1 chosen Human Champion. Per the Master Set rules, when drafting multiples of the same squad, you should use one card to keep track of them. Whenever you turn an order marker over on that Macdirk Warriors card, it would activate any 4 Macdirk Warriors. You do not have to worry about which card they belong to.

I hope that answers your question(s). If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.
Customer 05/09/2006 12:39 AM

Given : The macdirk warriors are a common squad

Question: say I draft 3 squads of macdirk warriors into my army...
Do they HAVE to all select the same champion for their special ability?
(Wounds on the champion = extra attack dice)
or can each squad select diffrent human champions?
If it's supposed to be diffrent, CAN they choose the same figure?

In other words:
Which way is it, and can it be played either way or is it supposed to be one way only?

--and if they select diffrent human champions for their special ability, do they still get the common squad ability of activating any full squads-worth of figures, no matter what card they originally came from???

Thank you in advance for the clarification, keep up the great work!

Question Reference #060509-000008
Product Level 1: Other
Category Level 1: Game Play
Date Created: 05/09/2006 12:39 AM
Last Updated: 05/09/2006 10:29 AM

Chris Dupuis
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean
I received a response from Hasbro (chris) for quetsion #7

Quote:
Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 10/19/2005 04:06 PM
Hi Rÿchean(edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can bring you a little clarification.

You do not need Line of Sight when figures are engaged. This is a gray area in the current instructions and it will be cleared up in the 3rd edition.

I hope that answers your question. If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or reply to this e-mail.
seems obvious, nice to have it cleared up and good that they are going to fix that in third edition.
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
I received an answer on #10:

Quote:
Hi *****,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! It's good to hear from you guys again.

The Macdirk Warriors card states "While that champion is in play" and not "While that champion is in play and under your control".

If their chosen Human Champion's control is handed over to another player by any means (Mind Shackle or otherwise), as long as the Champion is still in play, the Macdirk Warriors will receive the Highland Fury enhancement.

Obviously, the Macdirk Warriors will be unable to attack their chosen Human Champion.

I hope that answers your question(s). If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.
Innnteresting...
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydcomebak
I got this back this morning. DISCUSS!

Subject : Thank-you, Chris. From all your friends at HeroscapeHQ.com
Response (Chris) 11/04/2005 08:00 AM

Hi Sydcomebak(edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro. Your praise is very appreciated. I'm just glad I can help and hopefully stem some of the rule arguments!

Let me just say first, fire away with the questions. You are in no way bogging me down with them. I do have a lot of other game play questions to answer, but if you have questions, ask them. That's what I'm here for! Since it's getting busier here (Holidays), it may take me a little while to answer the questions, but I will get to them.

Here at Hasbro, we all work really hard to make sure the most up to date information gets out, and all your questions are addressed. Keep checking the web site in the coming weeks for some interesting additions including a weekly article focusing on strategy tips for a specific hero/squad straight from the game designers! While most of us have our own unique way of playing with certain figures, it's interesting to see their take on them.

Unfortunately I don't have any new information for you in regards to snow/castles, they are obviously on the horizon, but I don't have any definitive dates yet. Check back after Christmas and I might have some more concrete information. I'm not really sure what you mean by the re-release of Wave 1. It has been out there (seriously, I've gotten e-mails from people saying they found it) it's just harder to get it into circulation with the newer waves but TRUST ME, you will see them again soon.

Again, thanks for the comments, I'm glad I can help the HeroscapeHQ community.

Chris Dupuis
Game Guru
Hasbro Consumer Affairs

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Customer (Sydcomebak) 11/03/2005 03:34 PM

Chris,

You have been very helpful to the readers of Heroscapehq.com. We have been compiling a FAQ of our own and we have been using your responses to our questions to fill in a lot of the blanks to our rules questions.

I know you don't have a think tank of rules lawyers there, but we appreciate that you actually do address the questions we have and come back with logical answers that we can all call "official" rulings.

That was in no way meant to put pressure on you! Please feel free to drop by our site if you get the chance. We'd love to have you!

We all can't wait for Snow or Castles. And I can't wait for the re-release of wave1.

If you have any info on any of these releases, I'd (we'd) appreciate it. It helps me to plan what to ask for for X-mas this year.

Once again, the original reason for writing this was that I looked at the FAQ that we've compiled and saw how much you've helped us so far.

-Sydcomebak (edited)
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
The Umpire is pointing at the ground, he's ruled the Orcs down by contact prior to crossing the goal line! But now the officials are huddling, the Referee is shaking his head and guesturing frantically. As the crowd quiets, the huddle breaks. The Umpire steps forward and turns on his mic:

Subject
Taelord 'flying disengage'

Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 11/10/2005 09:02 AM
Hi Homba,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape ! Perhaps I can clear this issue up.

Let me first say that I interpreted the rule exactly as you guys have (Disengage while flying, but not while walking). However, after discussing this topic this with the designers, I found that Taelord actually has the complete Disengage ability. This will take effect whether he is walking OR flying.

We have addressed this issue in the updated FAQ section of the web site which should debut within the next few weeks. Make sure to check it out!

H
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
Sorry, the old post is gone, so here is mine. I sent in this and got answer.
Code:
Recently you submitted a question to our Consumer Affairs team. Below s a summary of your question and our response.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject 
Heroscape Question: Major Q9 line of sight 

Discussion Thread 
 Response (Chris) 05/01/2006 11:40 AM 
Hi ultradoug,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

Major Q9's shoulders CAN in fact block line of sight, make sure you position him carefully!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail. 
 Customer (ultradoug) 04/28/2006 05:06 PM 

Customer (ultradoug) 04/28/2006 05:02 PM 

Major Q9 
I had a question regarding this unit's ling of sight - his large sholders might block when I try to look at where his head is, if I'm looking from the side of him, trying to hit a figure not in front or back, but next to him, will his sholders block line of sight. Very hard to explain. Here is an example:

My eye >>> [Sholder] Head [Sholder] (guy I want to hit)

Please clear up this thanks.

DougLas "ultradoug" Brown 

Question Reference #060428-000127 
Product Level 1:  Other 
Category Level 1:  Game Play 
Date Created:  04/28/2006 05:02 PM 
Last Updated:  05/01/2006 11:40 AM 

Chris Dupuis
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
edited only to change my name to my screen name and to fix what I had sent, I said X17, but changed it to Q9 - Chris saw my fix and responded that indeed, Major Q sholders block LOS. No more fighting about this issue people.
Hope this is not a repeat post.[i]
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro CS
Hi Rÿchean(edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can bring you a little clarification.

1. Yes. If you have more than one of the same Glyph on the board, the enhancements stack, just like an enhancement from a Glyph, Height, and an Aura would all stack on one character.

2. Yes they can land on 2 glyphs at once. The Glyph under the leading Hex would take effect first, then the Glyph under the trailing hex.

3. You guys are really trying to test me today aren't you! In this situation, No. Because you would land on the 1st Glyph of Kelda, be healed, and then Illegally be standing on the 2nd Glyph of Kelda. Per the rules "Only figures with one or more wound markers may stop on this Glyph. So the official answer would be no.

4. We don't have official rules for stacking Glyphs. For now, unless a scenario text states otherwise, we only place one Glyph on a space. If you want to make special rules like that for a scenario, I would suggest that you state in the scenario rules that the Glyph of Kelda (in this scenario) has 5 charges in it (or however many you want for the specific campaign). Once it is used the specified amount of times, its power is exhausted and it is removed..

Customer (Rÿchean(edited)) 11/29/2005 01:47 AM
I have several glyph related questions.

1) If you make a map that has two of the same attack bonus glyph, and you get a unit you control on each one, do your units get +2 attack?
2) Can a double-based flying unit land on two glyphs at once? In what order do they take effect?
3)Can an injured double-based flying unit land on two adjacent glyphs of kelda (healing) at the same time?
4) In the official rules, is it acceptable to make a map that has several glyphs stacked on top of each other on the same hex. (Such as putting a stack of healing glyphs on a space so that several units can heal there) "

Question Reference #051129-000018
Product Level 1: Games (NOT SOFTWARE)
Product Level 2: Heroscape
Date Created: 11/29/2005 01:47 AM
Last Updated: 12/09/2005 09:03 AM

Chris Dupuis
Game Guru
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
--------

This one is probabaly pointless...but it is from hasbro:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro CS
Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 05/15/2006 08:14 AM
Hi Rÿchean(edited),

The card is correct. The Omnicron Snipers have a defense of 3. I appreciate you brining this error to our attention. I have alerted the web team, and it should be fixed shortly.

Customer (Rÿchean(edited)) 05/12/2006 05:12 PM
Omnicron Snipers from Mallidon's Prophecy are listed as Defense 1 on your website but as 3 defense on the actual cards.

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...-new&char_id=6

Which is correct, the defense of 1 on the website or the defense of 3 on the actual cards???

Please clear this matter up and update website accordingly

Thank you in advance for the response to this concern.

Rÿchean(edited)

Question Reference #060512-000096
Product Level 1: Other
Category Level 1: Web Site
Date Created: 05/12/2006 05:12 PM
Last Updated: 05/15/2006 08:14 AM

Chris Dupuis
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM

Sent in by Ultradoug but the response is all we have, here only because of how excellent this statement is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro customer service
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! I apologize that the piece was missing from your Raknar's Vision set. Perhaps I can help.

By the "back part", I'm assuming you mean his skirt. And by his skirt, I'm assuming you mean his ripped pants of awesomeness.

Chris Dupuis
back story available here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=710
Old September 29th, 2006, 02:16 PM

Deathreaver card change:
Quote:
WOW, I already received a response.

Quote:
Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 09/29/2006 08:26 AM
Hello again Mark!

Thank you for contacting Hasbro. It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for your very detailed example of the strategy! We have actually already made a running change to the Deathreaver's card that makes this strategy illegal. Here is the current wording:

SCATTER
After a Deathreaver you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent's figure, you may move any 2 Deathreavers you control up to 4 spaces each.

My graphics contact is currently on vacation, but I'll be happy to send out a color copy of the updated card as soon as they are back next week. This is obviously a hot topic, so I didn't want to wait till I had the updated card PDF in order to send the ruling.

I hope this helps the debate!

Good Gaming!
Chris
Question Reference #060928-000203
Product Level 1: Heroscape
Product Level 2: Heroscape Other
Date Created: 09/28/2006 01:32 PM
Last Updated: 09/29/2006 08:26 AM

Chris Dupuis
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...rs_Revised.pdf
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Hello,

Here is some updated information I received from Chris that may be of interest:

Quote:
Subject
Castle Gate

Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 10/20/2006 08:32 AM
Hi Annerios (edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro previously with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

We have recently revised the Heroscape FAQs. They should be updated on the web site shortly, but 2 of the questions should help you interpret which powers do and don't affect the door! To answer your question quickly, the door does not have a size. See below for more explanation.

If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me again!

Q: Which Special Powers and Attacks can target the door or other Destructible Objects?

A: Per the Fortress instructions: The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack.

Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked, with some exceptions.
• The Door does not have a size. Special Powers/Special Attacks that target or enhance the attacking figure if the defending “figure” is a certain size will not work. Examples: Deadyeye Dan’s Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack, Jotun’s Throw, and Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer, & Gladiatron’s Cyberclaw
• The Door cannot be destroyed. Special Powers/Special attacks that even mention “destroy” as one of the effects cannot be used against the Door. Examples: Deadeye Dan’s Sharpshooter, & Grimnak’s Chomp.
• The Door is not a figure. Special Powers that are not necessarily an attack cannot affect the door. Examples: Morsbane’s Rod of Negation, Ne-Gok-Sa’s Mind Shackle, & Agent Carr’s Ghost Walk. Also, the door is not affected by Raelin’s Defensive Aura.

Q: Do enhancements work on the attacking figure when attacking the door?

A: Yes, but only if they do not specify anything about the size of the defending figure. Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer for example, cannot affect Sir Denrick because the Door doesn’t have a size. Normal enhancements like Taelord’s Attack Aura, Omnicron Sniper’s Deadly Shot, Agent Carr’s Sword of Reckoning 4, and Valguard’s First Assault 3, and effects like those will all work when those figures attack the door. See the previous question for more detail on which Special Powers/Special Attacks can affect the door.

Response (Chris) 09/22/2006 07:17 AM
Hi Annerios (edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are sorry to advise that the information you have requested is not readily available.

We are sharing your question with those internal parties who are more familiar with this piece of our business. We will respond to you, as soon as we receive the information from them.

We thank you, in advance, for your patience.

Customer (Annerios) 09/20/2006 02:43 PM
Is the card for the Castle Gate/Door supposed to have an indication of its size like the Heroscape unit cards have or was that purposely omitted to prevent any size related special abilities from being used on the Gate?

I'd appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

Annerios (edited)

Question Reference #060920-000063
Product Level 1: Heroscape
Product Level 2: Castle/Fortress Expansion Set 44178
Category Level 1: General
Date Created: 09/20/2006 02:43 PM
Last Updated: 10/20/2006 08:32 AM

Chris Dupuis
Hasbro Consumer Affairs
That should put some issues to rest.

Thanks,

Annerios
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Here's the official answer for the Drake grapple/rappel question.

Quote:
Subject
Sgt. Drake grapple - up & down?

Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 10/17/2006 08:50 AM
Hi again Homba!

No, Drake cannot use his Grapple Gun to go down. The wording for Grapple Gun states: “This space may be up to 25 levels HIGHER.” If Sgt. Drake Alexander travels down, he would take falling damage like any other figure. His Grapple Gun only helps him to travel up, not down.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.

-----------------------------------------------

Customer (Homba) 10/15/2006 03:21 AM
Sgt. Drake's grapple gun says he can use it to go UP ("up to 25 levels higher").

Does this mean he CAN'T hook on the grapple and "rappel" down a maximum of 25 levels lower?

Sure would be nice if he could go down too (and some people believe he can) - but the card seems to say up only. What's the official word on this?

Thanks,

H

H
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's