Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old February 29th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: MtG into AotP

Well so far here are some basic rules for MTG to work in AotP or Classic HeroScape that I am using to keep things playable :

Have decided to just port card stats as they are ( like you are doing ) I will not be tampering with any MtG life points , even If you end up with a bunch of 1/1 uncommon heroes.

Planeswalkers players loose the game when they run out of their 20 magic life points or their Planeswalker Avatar is killed. This way there is still direct damage as per so many Magic cards. Direct damage to a HeroScape or MtG/AotP figure becomes blockable. (I ran into this when I was working on Pestilence, Magic has many spells and effects that are just OP when a players whole army is in play. ) ( Balance and Armageddon are not going to be fun to figure out ) I am also using line of sight for creature effects like Tap: target creature takes 1 point of damage.

Timing is also a slight factor MtG is set up to allow a player to attack with all their creatures at the same time as well as use any instant ability's ANY TIME. ( I am just about done with the full conversion of my Merfolk deck and I am learning a lot, as well as I am almost done with my old zombie deck.)

Creature types have ability's that must be figured out.

Merfolk for instance : Merfolk do not have to stop when entering a water tile as well as if they begin and end their movement in water tiles they get +2 to movement.

For costing this ability :
Movement __ X 10 = ___+ 2 X 10= ___ Divided by 3 (due to Ify's: only works on water spaces. and Start and end in water spaces.)
Example: Tidal Warrior Move of 6
6x10=60 + 2x10=20 = 80 * 3 = 26pts. * = Divide in a language of old BASIC.

I have had to come up with rules for many card powers and am making a list of them slowly for now most of those rules are just on the cards conversion sheets.

I am sorry that My tech skills do not allow me to build Cards right now ..I would also like to let you guys know most of this work is being done on scrap paper while I am at work then I am making it perdy later... Time is my enemy ..gotta go finish of Merfolk Deck so I can PROPERLY Play test and post results.

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 29th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tested my card clip concept. Card clips are easy to find online but I found some cord clips in RL to test. They are too loose and I'd rather use card clips.
Note: You'll need lots!

For the test, I used a Magic deck, unaltered in anyway for the port.
* Use normal Magic deck
* You are the Planeswalker. The edge closest to you is where you are. Melee units have to get to the spaces closest to you to attack you, and ranged units work as you may think.
* You have 20 Life and Defense 0 and Attack 0.
* Anything you summon can be placed up to 5 spaces from your edge.
* Cards have Move 5 and Life 1
* Lands don't deploy to the play area.
* When a land is turned into a creature, it gets a clip and is placed as if summoned up to 5 spaces from your edge.
* Cards that are tapped, like the Elves, are turned upside down in their clip.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 1st, 2016, 11:20 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Your Card Clash system seems more like a custom version of Stratego/Scape/MTG. I don't know if your familiar with Stratego, But what I am looking at here looks like the base of a cool mashup possibility. I mean the cool thing would be anything summoned could be placed on the board where your opponent can't see what the card is until it is engaged or uses a special ability.. Leave the Life/ Toughness and any ability's as they are on each card and players can't tell what a unit is until they engage it. So you would have the can't tell what a unit is from Stratego, The units from MtG AotP,and HeroScape , and the battlefield rules of Heroscape .. Dude you could be on to something VERY COOL !! Hell custom cards for this type of game could just be cut down in size to fit the clips and the Hextiles like we used to use in the ( 80's ) old Marvel Superheroes or Battletech. And you could still play flag capture or kill the other player. ODDLY enough Hasbro owns Stratego as well ...

ALL ARE ONE
Old March 1st, 2016, 11:25 AM

Here old school Battletech game piece

ALL ARE ONE
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:49 AM

Well here I finished converting my old MtG Merfolk Deck. This was mostly done to find the point value and mechanics of each card. Total deck value was 3050 without a Plainswalker, so I think it is safe to say just use any legal MtG deck vs 500 to 1500 points of HeroScape or 1500 as that is half.

ALL ARE ONE
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:34 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Planeswalker

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender