Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Summer in the Swamp: Buddy Lee takes home a box of rocks!

Fellow Floridians, I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at National Heroscape Day this year...but it's still so far away! What do you guys think about holding a tournament over the summer? With Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle coming out, we would have a chance to competitively test the new units.

Also, since I know not everyone would be able to get the new units, I would be offering some as a prize. I was planning on getting 3TJ/1AA for myself anyway, so I would order two of the 2:1 TJ/AA packs from HouseMouse, leaving me one of each for prizes.

It would be run very similarly to the Florida Frenzy of National Heroscape Day '07. 3+ maps in multiples, randomly chosen finals maps, random 465 point totals, unique armies encouraged, community prize table, at Sci-Fi City. Let's hear everyone's opinions.

Units on given an A+ on spider_poison's Power Rankings are "restricted." Anyone not playing them gets a bonus to strength of schedule, which is the tie-breaker for players with tied win/loss ratios.

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone involved again in the Florida Frenzy for an awesome tournament last year.

UPDATED BELOW 07/10

Florida Frenzy 1.5

When: Saturday, July 12, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.*
Where: Sci-Fi City,
6006 E Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32807

What & How:
465 point armies battle to the death.
5, 50-minute Swiss rounds. Top Eight continue in the Finals.
Classic Heroscape only, no Marvel.
Maps below, each with 24-hex starting zones (modified if necessary). 2 (one with 3) glyphs per map, chosen at random from those below.
Win/Loss, then Strength of Schedule, then Point Differential will determine rankings.**

*Schedule:
10:00-11:00 - Arrive at Sci-Fi City, breakfast, instructions
11:00-4:00 - Begin Round 1 (each round 50 minutes, plus 10 in between for next round prep)
4:00-5:00 - Break for lunch/dinner, set up for finals
5:00-8:00 - Top Eight, Final Four, and Finals match
800-9:00 - PRIZES!!! Clean up
9:00-Closing - Hanging out, friendly matches

**Rankings:
Win/Loss is the highest level of rank. A better Win/Loss (W/L) ratio will always beat better Strength of Schedule (SoS).
SoS breaks W/L ties. A better SoS will always beat better Point Differential.
Point Differential breaks SoS ties. Point Differentials are the amount of damage done to opponents' armies and include partial points (i.e. Agent Carr with 2 wounds at the end of the round is worth 50 points).

ENTRY FEE: Bring something for the prize table! Could be a Master Set, could be a large pack, could be a booster, could be 5 boosters!

GLYPHS:
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1

MAPS:

Road to Nowhere: http://www.mediafire.com/?m05yjmrfa3z

Summer in the Swamp: http://www.mediafire.com/?xymh5m1tdmn

Fire Isles: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=241

Flash Fire: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=300

Finals:

(Blazing Palms)

(Who) Interested parties:
NecroBlade +Max+Chris+Colton+Doug?
Star Wolf +dad +2?
Sisyphus
himsati

BurnyFlame
+1?
Syvaris ?
Zealot
Rennix
Torog
Buddy Lee
holylink718
?
Armydillo978 + son
dbzking
Roller
ceejaybee
+ Aulden
Mr Migraine + Switty111 + 2
rudyvalentine + Mrs. Valentine ?
E.G.Snakeman
Blue Dane + Little Blue Dane + Littlest Blue Dane
fraz the gr8
+ 2

(Why) Prize Table:
2 Ticalla Jungle - NecroBlade, Sysiphus
1 Aquilla's Alliance - NecroBlade's brother
2 Ornak - Armydillo978's son, Star Wolf's father
1 Sir Gilbert - Star Wolf
1 Warriors & Soulborgs - Zealot
1 Zombie Horde - Armydillo978
2 Heroes of Bleakewoode - Roller, himsati
2 Lawmen & Samurai - Mr Migraine & Switty111
1 Monks & Guards
1 Greeks & Vipers
1 Custom Figure - fraz the gr8
4 $25 Gift Certificates - HouseMouseGames (1), WarGamersHeadquarters.com (3)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; July 12th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart
Yeah! Great idea. But do we have enough time to get enough people to go on such short notice? The half way mark is April 20.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM

And lets not forget, sci-fi has to approve of this tournament also.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Steve5495 has disabled reputation
Thanks Necro.

Good afternoon all I started to play(basic) heroscape because my best pals 12 year old Joey likes it. we can hang together play it takes some of the duties off my pal and amuses all. We 've played the advanced, but its still a little hard for him. I had wanted to expose joey to other players but my chat on this forum left me disapointed with several individuals, and lost intrest in it. Some of you all were nice and I'm sorry I lost contact with the nice ones. Have an exiting weekend nice people! Buddylee I have something for you I'll meet you and give it you privetly(you sack of ...)

Power corrupts,absolute power corrupts absolutly!
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Star Wolf: TJ/AA come out June 13. I was thinking end of June or so. That gives us plenty of time to notify Sci-Fi City, and I doubt they'll say no (Like we were told last time, it was the easiest tournament they had ever run! ).

Steve5495: I'm sorry to hear that. The Florida Frenzy was an extremely fun and friendly environment, though. I would love to see as many Florida members as possible and do hope you consider it.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Possible dates in June (after AA, TJ come out)
-14, Saturday
-15, Sunday
-21, Saturday
-22, Sunday
-28, Saturday
-29, Sunday

Possible dates in July (if not in june)
-5, Saturday
-6, Sunday
-12, Saturday
-13, Sunday
-19, Saturday

Here are some possible dates to hold the tournament. Which one is alright with everyone?
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Florida Frenzy 1.5: Summer in the Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
What do you guys think about holding a tournament over the summer?
Hell Yeah!

random musings...

It is possible that the release date may be delayed... stuff happens. That doesn't mean we can't play though.

What army point values. Any cool custom rules?

What are the stats for upcoming figures? I should go check.

AWESOME!
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Star Wolf: I would think June 28 at the earliest, giving a full two weeks after the figures come out. Anything after that should work for me, though.

Sysiphus: Good to see you on board. Point values would be determined in the future. The only custom rule would be unit-discouraging like last time, unless we come up with something really cool. I can't wait for new figures either!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Hey, guys:

It's great to see you planning another event. (Thanks for keeping me in the loop, NecroBlade.) Unfortunately, I will be moving to Peoria, Illinois in early to mid-June, so I won't be able to make the tournament.

Good luck to all!
Old April 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Dibs on Vydar's luck! :P

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM

himsati knows what's in an order marker himsati knows what's in an order marker
I'm for it, as long as work doesn't send me out of town I'm game!
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:39 PM

Blodshogams Woo who?
I really, really want to go. I've wanted to actually play against someone who really knows the game since I got it back in 2005.

I highly doubt that in my current situation that I can get a ride - especially not to Orlando - but but the time summer comes, things will be better. I'm not sure how much better exactly, but it should be better enough to put me down as a maybe at this time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events