Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
MtG into AotP

This thread is a general discussion thread for all to use regarding porting Magic: the Gathering into Arena of the Planeswalkers.

There are many of us that would love to use their actual Magic cards to play this game. While all MtG conversion topics are welcomed and encouraged, this specific type of conversion I would like this thread to best be used for.

This first post will be edited as more information comes in.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:51 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MtG into AotP

I've been thinking of card stands for creatures and things summoned to the battlefield.
https://www.google.com/search?q=card...tic+card+stand

The rest could be filled in under conversion rules standardized defaults here in this thread.
For example, all Wolves have a Move of 6. All Horses have a Move of 8.

Old February 4th, 2016, 06:12 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Interesting idea.

Are you proposing that Power = Attack Dice & Defense = Defence Dice?

B/C they're not cards anymore....do they just not tap?

Would you still use OMs? Or would you literally do it like Magic...but 3D?

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old February 4th, 2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Interesting idea.

Are you proposing that Power = Attack Dice & Defense = Defence Dice?

B/C they're not cards anymore....do they just not tap?

Would you still use OMs? Or would you literally do it like Magic...but 3D?
I was thinking about tapping earlier today actually. And I think that tapping should be in place. You cannot activate a tapped creature. Tapped creatures do not attack with leaving engagement attacks. Permanents untap at the beginning of the round (at the beginning of every 4th turn)

Power = Attack
Toughness = Defense

Currently,
Default Life = 1
Default Range = 1
Default Move = 5

I'm thinking the Magic player is not point restricted. The only restriction is a legal deck.

Old February 5th, 2016, 11:23 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

So far I am finding the BEST thing to do is NOT change what each game does just mix ..So far YOU HAVE to TAP it is a base mechanic of MtG . Also I am tossing out the 3 Plainswalker spells per turn and using Normal Land rules ..we have too many cards that require LAND and tapping etc. I don't have time right now but I already converted Tidal Warrior and will share later also It is taking some time to decide what cards become Squads, uncommon and Heroes ( rare?) So far If a creature is a biggin ( Craw Worm etc.) Hero , if it has a strong power.., Hero. Merfolk of the Pearl Trident =Common Squad of 3 figures. The above Tidal Warrior is a cheap Hero due to its ability to make Water tiles on the battle field, and Im thinking instead of him being a 1/1 bumping its Life to 3 for game ballance ..1/1 heroes not worth summoning .. also Confed this subject is growing in the forums ..you were just ahead of the game I have aimed some people your way .

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 6th, 2016, 02:58 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Here is Jace and I am surprised at how off the points are and will have to look into it normally my breakdowns come in a lot closer even the Marvel figures were mostly on target , maybe the ability to use a deck will balance it out?

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 6th, 2016, 09:53 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I am pretty certain that the cost of the 200 point spell deck is included in the cost of each PW. 340 - 200 = 140 which is in the ballpark of 165.
Old February 7th, 2016, 02:29 AM

Well you could be right .., if I add 200 worth of spells points are a lot closer ...here are 3 more Plainswalkers breakdowns :

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 17th, 2016, 02:17 PM

OK had to do some play testing to see if all this math was truly necessary..so far it is NOT. I just pitted Jace with my Merfolk deck V.S. What we call The Craw's Mean Green Team. It was a great fight with an upset because once again when it looked like the one side was gonna win with no issues, the dice had other ideas. I plan to play test this battle at least 3 times to check the feel of things. also looking for OP situations like in this case Jace has 4 Rootwater Hunters ( Tim's that swim ) in his deck and at first glance that (Tap Rootwater Hunter deals 1 damage to target creature or player. ) looks deadly to figures that will have no defense against such an attack. In game one I got two summoned but they were killed before ever getting a shot off. I also left them as 1/1 s the weakness to balance out their fire power esp since if I go by the card unlimited range but am making them line of sight. Anyways here is the line up:

Jace Beleren, Mindmage using :
My Merfolk deck current configuration at 62 cards : ( would post pics but too much work)

20 Islands

4 Merfolk of the Pearl Trident (1 Blue) 1/1 : no powers

4 Tidal Warriors (1 Blue) 1/1 : Tap Target land is an Island until end of turn.

( Haven't decided to have this ability make a water tile on the battlefield or not yet..think it would be a cool ability, makes figures stop and could give or remove height advantage ...it would also allow need an island v.s. a player who has no land cards. Which is in the nature of the ability.)

4 Rootwater Hunters (2 Colorless 1 Blue) 1/1 :Tap 1 damage to target creature or player.

4 Coral Merfolk (1 Colorless 1 Blue) 2/1 : no powers

4 Rootwater Mystics (1 Blue) 1/1 : 1 colorless 1 blue mana : Look at the top card of target player's library.

4 Unstable Mutation (1 Blue) ( Enchant creature) : 1 blue mana : Target Creature gains +3/+3. During the upkeep phase of each of its controllers turns, put a -1/-1 counter on the creature. These counters remain even if this enchantment is removed before the creature dies. (love this card ...so evil ..use it in a lot of my decks).

3 Lord of Atlantis 2/2 (2 Blue) : All Merfolk get +1/+1 and gain Islandwalk. Ooooo Yeahhh!!!

3 Clone */* (3 Coloress 1 Blue) : Upon summoning, Clone acquires all characteristics, including color,of any one creature in play on either side; any creature enchantments on original creature are not copied. Clone retains these characteristics even after original creature is destroyed. Clone cannot be summoned if there are no creatures in play.

2 Vodalian Mages 1/1 (2 Colorless 1 Blue ) : 1 Blue,Tap : Counters a target spell if caster of target spell does not pay an additional 1 colorless. Play this ability as an interrupt.

Whispersilk Cloak: ( 3 Colorless) Artifact-Equipment : Equipped creature is unblockable and can't be the target of spells or abilities. Equip 2 colorless ( 2 colorless: attach to a target creature you control. Equip only at a sorcery. This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves play.)

2 Sigil of Sleep : (1 Blue) : Enchant Creature : Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to a player,return target creature that player controls to its owner's hand.

1 Seasinger (1 Colorless 2 Blue) 0/1 : Bury Seasinger if you control no islands. Tap:Gain control of a target creature if its controller controls at least one island. You lose control of target creature if Seasinger leaves play,if you lose control of Seasinger, or if Seasinger becomes untapped. You may choose not to untap Seasinger as normal during your untap phase.

1 Capsize (1 Colorless 2 Blue ) Instant : Buyback ( 3 colorless) ( You may pay an additional (3 colorless) when you play this spell.If you do,put it into your hand instead of your graveyard as part of the spell's effect.) Return target Permanent to owner's hand.
( Sure it's 6 mana but OMG players HATE this card Mohahahahaaa!!!)

1 Vodalian Knights ( 1 colorless 2 Blue ) 2/2 : First Strike (1 Blue) : Flying untill end of turn Vodalian Knights may not attack unless opponent controls at least one island. Bury Vodalian Knights if you control no islands.

1 River Merfolk (2 Blue) 2/1 : (1 Blue) : Mountainwalk untill end of turn.

1 Diplomatic Immunity (1 Colorless 1 Blue) Enchant - Creature : Enchanted Creature can't be the target of spells or abilities. Diplomatic Immunity can't be the target of spells or abilities.

1 Booby Trap ( 6 colorless) Artifact : When Booby Trap comes into play,name a card other than basic land. Whenever target opponent draws any cards, he or she reveals those cards to all players. If any of those cards is the named card, Sacrifice Booby Trap and it deals 10 damage to that player. ( OOOhh snap! those wussy Rootwater Mystics make sence now eh !!)

At this point I am not worrying about how many point this deck is worth ..I am slowly converting them all to get a point value ..This was just a play from the box test.

The Mean Green Team: (495 pts)
Raelin The Kyrie Warrior ( 80 pts.) Nickname Ray
Nakita agents ( 120 pts.)
Rhogar Dragonspine ( 110 pts.)
Nilfheim ( 185 pts.) Normal nickname Whitey here greeny.

Merfolk of the Peal Trident Proxi https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8c&oe=5729EEBF CLONE !!!! Just when Jace gets reinforcements, A Nikita pulls a Win !! I was going to do a battle report but I ran out of time ..

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 22nd, 2016, 11:34 AM

Well for the most part I think mixing the 2 games together works but due to the need for figures for all your MTG critters it is not quite worth the effort to port over your MTG decks . However using AotP vs Normal HS seems just fine !

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:37 PM

With the card clip idea, you literally use the Magic cards. It creates a base for them, standing the card up and allowing it to move around the board.

Been busy, but I'll test the idea this week.

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:56 AM

Yeah Mixing is alot of work but I've had fun with it !!

ALL ARE ONE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender