Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 4th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bat Credit Card -Initial t

I'd want starting markers increased at that point. Basically makes it a single draft restriction without actually making it so. Maybe just cap the number of markers that can be spent each round. Like 1 per round or something.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We already have two places for Markers - "on a card" and "not on a card but still in the game." See some of our recent Red Lanterns (like Bleez) for the distinction, or really any figure, like Magneto I, that has a "start the game with a marker, you may place or remove it."

I don't think there's a way to do it as a pool though. You don't own glyphs, you pick them up. We can't even do "start of the game" stuff here because of the way glyphs work - it's when they come into play.

So say, I draft Batman and bring a Bat Credit Card. Those go into a "Marker Pool." My opponent does the same. I drafted Shadow Thief, I steal his Bat Credit Card. Whose "pool" am I dipping into? How do you differentiate? What about a Credit Card that doesn't start on a figure, it just starts on the battlefield?

I think this is the best I can put together that boxes those out, but it's very wonky.

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When a figure equips this glyph, the player that controls that place 2 black Investment Markers on this card. Each player can place a maximum of 2 Investment Markers for all Bat Credit-Cards, and cannot place Investment Markers on a card with Investment Markers on it.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'd want starting markers increased at that point. Basically makes it a single draft restriction without actually making it so. Maybe just cap the number of markers that can be spent each round. Like 1 per round or something.
I’d argue rolling up with 5 Vigilantes armed with credit cards as a screw you to Penguin is cheap play and shouldn’t be a viable strategy anyways.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry for the double post, but why not something like this?
Quote:
The first time that a Bat Credit Card comes into play, place 2 Investment Markers in an Investment Pool.
We already have the concept of “pools” in Scientist Supreme. Doesn’t seem like that big of a leap to go from Glyph Pools to Marker Pools.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Glyph Pools exist on a per-card basis (if I have a Scientist Supreme, and my opponent has one, they both have their own).

You'd have to do "place 2 Investment Markers in a single pool for all Bat Credit-Cards in play." But in that case, you and your opponent have to share. You could maybe do "each player places 2 Investment Markers in a separate pool," but then your opponent gets some at the start of the game, a 2v2 match has each teammate getting two, it's kind of messy.

Maybe "the player who controls the figure equipping this glyph places 2 Investment Markers in a pool." That's possibly doable. But still very wonky.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Could we try to make this specific equipment glyph basically unique in some way? Like give it this power:

MAXIMUM LIMIT
You may only draft one Bat Credit Card in your army.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Just A Head

I guess if the rest of the power references that Marker Pool, I don’t see the problem.

Scientist Supreme specifically mentions “Scientist Supreme’s Glyph Pool” and it’s generally Heroscape law that when a card mentions its own name, it’s only referring to that specific incarnation, not every instance of that character on the battlefield. If a power says to choose a figure within 4 spaces of my Spider-Man, I generally understand I can’t choose a figure within 4 spaces of another player’s Spider-Man.

I guess you could argue that Research Parameters is unclear on if there are separate Glyph Pools or one shared Glyph Pool, but that honestly seems like an issue with SS and not this design. Plus, I generally think only placing the markers once for all credit cards is a big hint that something is different and that the pool is shared.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'd just put a spending limit on it. Sure you bring 5 CCs but you can only burn 1 or 2 a round despite which figures hold a Credit Card. It offers the same net effect while still allowing it to be worthwhile to bring more than 1 CC.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:58 PM
Just A Head

Why do we want to encourage bringing more than 1 credit card? I guess I could get behind a once per round limit though.
Old December 5th, 2019, 12:25 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Is bringing more than one of these even worth it? Sure, you shut down one power on Black King or Penguin, but you're paying the opportunity cost of mobility, ranged attacks, etc. that the other utility glyphs offer. And you'll be burning through these markers pretty fast, so you'll have to bring a ton to actually shut them down the whole game.
Old December 5th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If it were super tidy to keep multiples from playing together nicely, I'd be down, but it doesn't really seem worth it to torture the wording to keep you from paying an enormous price to hard-counter one figure.
Old December 5th, 2019, 10:56 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Could we try to make this specific equipment glyph basically unique in some way? Like give it this power:

MAXIMUM LIMIT
You may only draft one Bat Credit Card in your army.
That's kind of cool. I love the theme in the name, but maybe it could be more generic to be reused for other "unique" glyphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’d argue rolling up with 5 Vigilantes armed with credit cards as a screw you to Penguin is cheap play and shouldn’t be a viable strategy anyways.
Yeah not a huge fan of that. This was meant to be a one-off joke style glyph. It much more complex than I intended it to be, but that was what everyone was happy with. If we were to encourage this style of play, I'd be tempted to go back to my original draft that destroys the card to remove a single marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Is bringing more than one of these even worth it? Sure, you shut down one power on Black King or Penguin, but you're paying the opportunity cost of mobility, ranged attacks, etc. that the other utility glyphs offer. And you'll be burning through these markers pretty fast, so you'll have to bring a ton to actually shut them down the whole game.
...And yeah, maybe there's not a problem at all. It might balance itself in this case, but my main worry is that it's just not super fun to play an Investment character if you can CC mob them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library