Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Old February 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for using the trading forum!

How can I change the title of my thread after I've created it? For example, I decided I wanted to add that I'm looking for some Valkyrie figures.

Are there any circumstances where it is alright to bump your thread sooner than 2 weeks? I've added a bunch of Valkyrie figures to my wants list, but it feels like nobody will know for some time because my list is already at the bottom of the stack. I understand there is a desire to cut down on continuous bumping of threads, so I guess I'm just wondering if there are any workable compromises.

Thanks!
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To change the title, click on EDIT for the first post of your thread, then hit the Go Advanced button. There you can change the title of the thread.

Regarding bumping sooner than 2 weeks. It's all about adding content and value for others to your thread. There are things you can do to legitimately bump the thread earlier (e.g., digging up and posting feedback others left for you in the old thread).

However, a stagnant thread shouldn't be bumped sooner than every 2 weeks. In that case, the bump option exists to say, "I'm still active and offering/want this stuff."

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; February 15th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for your responses, Xorlof.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Yay! This will make trading 100% easier.

~Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Yay! This will make trading 100% easier.

~Bravey
I agree. (Just in case you needed reassurance or anything. ).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
To change the title, click on EDIT for the first post of your thread, then hit the Go Advanced button. There you can change the title of the thread.

Regarding bumping sooner than 2 weeks. It's all about adding content and value for others to your thread. There are things you can do to legitimately bump the thread earlier (e.g., digging up and posting feedback others left for you in the old thread).

However, a stagnant thread shouldn't be bumped sooner than every 2 weeks. In that case, the bump option exists to say, "I'm still active and offering/want this stuff."
Also, I just found out yesterday, if you're looking through a subforum with all the threads, you can double click right under one of your threads and edit it from there.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Any chance there could be an unofficial recommendation added to the OP? Something about suggesting that traders list the full names of the stuff they have for trade and the things they want, so that if someone does a subforum search for, say "knights of weston" then the search will find everyone who has knights to trade, and not miss anyone who abbreviated the name.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I_R_BEEJ's 2/21/13 Trade list

<post deleted>

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday

Last edited by i_r_beej; February 21st, 2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong place
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM

Nobody knows what's in an order marker Nobody knows what's in an order marker

Ah, finally some time to post.

Great to see this idea finally realized! Thanks Admins for listening to folks and setting this up! This makes things a whole lot cleaner and easier!

Guess it's time to stop procrastinating and finally write a list of wants and haves! Eh, maybe tomorrow =)
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

As one who was heavily involved in trading, I'm not thrilled about the changes here and haven't participated in any trades since the change. I don't agree that this makes trading easier. I do agree that it makes tracking tradeworthiness easier (although I'm not sure how it will prevent longstanding members with large +rep from causing...anomalies, as we have seen happen lately.)

The thing I liked about the old thread was that I could subscribe to one thread and be notified immediately when somebody made an update or offered new items or wanted new items. The new system requires me to sort through numerous threads or subscribe to every thread in the subforum to watch for changes. Additionally, I'm not really notified if a new thread is created, unless I subscribe to the daily digest message.

So here is my suggestion: how about adding a "Trade Announcement" thread. As is current practice, each person creates and maintains their own individual trade thread. When User X creates his/her trade thread or updates his/her Haves or Wants in User X's own thread, User X is also permitted to post in the Announcment Thread. This post will consist of nothing more than "Created/Updated my list" and a link to their individual thread. Create some rules around how frequently User X is permitted to post in the Announcement Thread and away we go. Now I can subscribe to one thread and be notified whenever anybody changes their Haves/Wants.
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I like that idea Porkins.
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
As one who was heavily involved in trading, I'm not thrilled about the changes here and haven't participated in any trades since the change. I don't agree that this makes trading easier. I do agree that it makes tracking tradeworthiness easier (although I'm not sure how it will prevent longstanding members with large +rep from causing...anomalies, as we have seen happen lately.)

The thing I liked about the old thread was that I could subscribe to one thread and be notified immediately when somebody made an update or offered new items or wanted new items. The new system requires me to sort through numerous threads or subscribe to every thread in the subforum to watch for changes. Additionally, I'm not really notified if a new thread is created, unless I subscribe to the daily digest message.

So here is my suggestion: how about adding a "Trade Announcement" thread. As is current practice, each person creates and maintains their own individual trade thread. When User X creates his/her trade thread or updates his/her Haves or Wants in User X's own thread, User X is also permitted to post in the Announcment Thread. This post will consist of nothing more than "Created/Updated my list" and a link to their individual thread. Create some rules around how frequently User X is permitted to post in the Announcement Thread and away we go. Now I can subscribe to one thread and be notified whenever anybody changes their Haves/Wants.
+1

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades