Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
My attempt at a Mini-Battle Report

I say "Mini" because I can't recall the blow by blow moves or exactly what happened in exactly which round; I can recall the basic flow of the games:

Just the other night I played two 1 v. 1 games with my friend. Both were 400 point drafts.

First game:

His army:
1x Braxas
1x Krav Maga
1x Marro Warriors
1x Dumutef Guard

My Army:
1x Major Q9
1x Guilty McCreech (sp?)
1x Microcorp Agents
1x Shaolin Monks

The map: A wide but narrow battlefield with a very large river cutting the land in half at the center. A large bridge made from 3 RttFF bridges moved across it, and was the only effective crossing due to well placed walls, ruins, and lots of water. On the bridge were 3 Glyphs. Trees were placed everywhere along with numerous rising hills and bumbs varying from 1 height to 3 height. In other words, a very dense forest. On each side there was one 'tower' of land rising up to a max of heigh 8 with a glyph on top of each.

The battle:

Early on I moved the Agents and q9 towards the bridge, with the cowboy bringing up the rear. My friend moved his Krav Maga in and secured the bridge first, capturing an Initiative +8 and a Defense +1.

Q9 proved pretty useless in this battle because my friend controlled the brige almost entirely with just his Krav Maga, and he always rolled at least one shield to block q9's constant attacks. Same deal with my Commandoes, they couldn't hit anything early on.

Eventually we battled for the bridge, with q9 moving into engagement in order to avoid the Maga's stealth dodge. q9 felled one Krav Maga before getting killed. Thankfully, my Microcorp agents killed the remaining Maga after securing height advantage (he failed to roll shields several times).

The marro came in for revenge, and managed to kill off one of my agents. My retaliation was brutal, as I wiped out 3 of the Marro afterwards. He moved his remaining Marro into the water to clone, but got a bad roll, and on the next turn Guilty strolled up and killed the Marro with his double shot.

I then secured the bridge, but had to deal with an approaching Dumutef and Braxas. I killed the Dumutef with Guilty before the guard even reached me, but Braxas got within range just as my monks were starting to come in.

Of all the damned luck, he rolls a 19 and kills guilty with the Acid Breath. From that point on it was all downhill. I knew that my only chance since I had nothing but squads was to rush Braxas and attempt to kill her before she killed me. Unfortunately, every single time I placed order markers, somehow he always managed to kill the guys that I was going first with, meaning he got to take 2 turns in a row several times. This was doom for my team of squads.

Result: He won because of Braxas. If I had held q9 back at the start and left him to deal with Braxas later things might have been different.

Second Battle:

His army:
1x Charos
1x Anubian Wolves
1x Khosumet
1x Dumutef Guard

My army:
1x Nilfheim
1x Sentinels of Jandar
2x Marro Drones

The Map: The same base as the previous map, but everything else was rearranged into large stilts that supported three platforms made from large tiles. The three platforms circled the large river in the middle, and one bridge connected each platform to another, forming a circle. Road tiles were then placed around that connected all the bridges to form a quick moving circuit. Each platform could only be accessed one stairway that was pretty rough (or flight of course). Trees were everywhere, with two of the big trees in the center (at the base) between the three platforms. The eastern platform had a small overhang that allowed people to cross over into a small mountain area where some glyphs were, and each bridge also had a glyph.

Special Conditions: We played that you could not draft people with Range 2 or greater. Special Attacks and abilities that were ranged were ok, but their regular Range could only be 1.

The battle:

He took the initiative and flew Charos up to one of the bridges, where he got a +2 move glyph. With this in his possession, he got his wolves up to 8 move and they were easily able to make it up the stairs.
Meanwhile, I alternated between the Sentinels and Nilf, but he got two wolves and a dumutef guard up on the high ground by the time the angels and Nilf made it up there.

My Drones got sucky rolls at first so I could only move three of them. Throughout the game I slowly moved them towards and then up the stairs.

With the +3 movement of the road spaces, and with +2 move glyph, my friend moved his Dumutef Guard clear across a whole platform and engaged one of my Sentinels. He rolled 2 skulls; I rolled...nothing!!! I only had to roll 1, but no, he died!

Revenge came swifly from a normal attack from Nilf, who killed the Dumutef.

The next turn was key. While my Drones brought up the rear, my friend moved his two high-ground wolves onto the bridge with Charos. I promptly moved Nilf and flew him into the low ground--believe it or not, he fit between the 4-space trees and the platforms. Pleasantly surprised, I ice-shard breathed his Charos and the two wolves, killing off both wolves despite their defensive height advantage, and dealing 2 wounds to Charos.

On his next turn, he flew Charos into the lower valley and guess what....he fit down there too. So now he's got Nilf in Melee, and Charos has counter attack, so I'm thinking "****!" He attacks, scoring 3 skulls, and I roll nothing again! Half his life is gone.

I'm worried about Charos' counter, so I decide to fly Nilf back up to the high ground, making sure to pick the highest point so that if followed he would have no choice but to be 1 level lower. His passing swipe was successful, so now Nilf has 2 life left to Charos' 7. however, I Ice Shard breath him and manage to do 2 more life damage. He know has 5 health left.

Meanwhile, my Sentinels and half my drones manage to secure glyphs all over the map, taking the Attack +1 and Defense +1 glyphs.

As expected, Charos follows me, but is at a shorter level. With heigh and a glyph, Nilf's defense is 6...and still I ended up taking one wound. I now have a Nilf with one life, trapped in melee with Charos with 5 life.

At this point I'm thinking, alright, Nilf will have to do as much damage as he can before he dies. Thanks to glyph and height, Nilf's melee attack was 8! I roll and...holy crap I get six skulls. He only rolls 1 Shield! 5 Damage! Charos is Dead!!

That was pretty much the game there. With only Khosumet and one wolf left, he made a break towards me and killed off 2 Marro Drones, but the remaining Drones converged on him from all sides and one of my Sentinels joined in as well. With my drones at 4/4 due to glyphs, they made short work of Khosumet, and my 4/5 Sentinel killed the wolf.

Result: I won. The outcome entirely depended on the winner of the King Dragon battle.
Old June 8th, 2006, 10:34 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Thank's for the report but hard to follow without pictures. Hummm, the temptation is too big:

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Well I guess I can't really do battle reports then, sorry. I don't have a Digital Camera. Even though I'm 23 I still have no practical use for a Camera of any kind; the only time I ever bother taking pictures is on vacations, and I'm not spending the money on a Digital Camera just so I can upload HeroScape pictures.
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master
Well I guess I can't really do battle reports then, sorry. I don't have a Digital Camera. Even though I'm 23 I still have no practical use for a Camera of any kind; the only time I ever bother taking pictures is on vacations, and I'm not spending the money on a Digital Camera just so I can upload HeroScape pictures.
No, do not be sorry please! I am the one who should appologies. I am really sorry but the temptation of using that particular smily was too strong. I didn't want you to be discouraged by my comment. I know many Scapers here prefer it with pics but battle reports can still be very interesting without.

Without pics, you are forced to explain a little bit more your strategy or add a flavour to your text like writing it as if it was a report from one of the leader of the battle, etc. Please, post again

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
ultradoug

Robotech rulls!
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
ya man that was a good battle report. What he is saying is that if you had pics, It would be a lot easier to explain.But that was an awesome battle report, with charos falling like that! Keep them comin!

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
that was a good report. I got a very good mental images of both battles

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Great report! I too enjoyed the downfall of charos. Even though you had your back to the wall at one point, it sounds like you made a few key decisions that helped insure a victory...good stuff, and keep em coming!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports