Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Journal update?

Is it just me, or did they add 2 pieces to Thormuns Journal? I scanned back the last two pages and I don't see anyone else noticing this, so it could be older news.

Heroscape - Thormun's Journal
CHAPTER 4: The Swarm of the Marro
Journal Entry #39
From the pen of Sgt. Drake Alexander:
Grass clings to the parched earth, with every step it grows thicker underfoot. We begin climbing upward over a patchy green hill, which blocks our view of the horizon. Reaching the top, all the land opens up around us. It’s like we stand on the dividing line between two worlds. Behind us lays the desolation of the Volcarren Wastelands and before us a lush green landscape fills our vision.
Snow-capped mountains rise up on either side of us like great walls. Those mountainous ramparts protect a valley of swampy wetlands below, a narrow canyon path cutting through the mountain range. Our road is already set before us.
Moving down into the canyon I feel no relief from the heat of the Volcarren, instead the air turns thick, heavy and wet. The moisture seeps into my cracked skin, but offers little comfort. Ahead I hear the babbling of a brook, calling to me like a siren singing her enticing song.
The mountain spring refreshes and brings renewed energy, but the air here smells foul. A great sense of foreboding quickly takes the place of the relief I felt after making it through the unrelenting land of the volcanoes.

Heroscape - Thormun's Journal
CHAPTER 4: The Swarm of the Marro
Journal Entry #40
From the pen of Sgt. Drake Alexander:
A vision of wellsprings has brought us here, far from the cold north of Nastraland, to the bug-infested bogs and jungles of the sweltering south. Raelin, Sonlen and I must make our way through this canyon and link up with Major Q10 and Shiori at the end of the Pass. Q10 and Shiori have been scouting ahead. It has been a while since we have heard from them. Raelin looks concerned.
I look up in the sky as we walk and I shiver at the sight of the large alien birds circling above us, an ominous warning of what we are approaching between the tall dark mountains.
My boot splashes into standing water and is sucked downward by the spluttering mud. The water is murky, an awful shade of rancid-green with a smell to match. I glance down at my slowly sinking foot and my eye catches on a floating object, bumping itself up against my leg. Some itch in the back of my brain has me stoop over to make a closer inspection. I lift it slightly out of the water, the clinging algae drips away, and then I drop it in gut-wrenching horror. A bloated arm lies there in the dim pool, lurid, and streaked with blue veins. I take a step backwards and look over the water’s surface. More of the same morbid bits bob their way around the stagnant puddle. The dead surround us, left here to rot in the mire.
Before I can even begin to react to what I’m seeing, a new terror seizes me. I stand transfixed, as a pale arm reaches itself up out of the slime. Raelin screams. Raelin, who is always unmoved in the face of battle, always brave, always bold, is now gripped with fear. A dripping torso pulls itself out of the water. Then another body emerges, and another. It is as if the dead rise from their slumber to rejoin the living. But these are not the faces of the dead. These macabre faces belong to the marro. They’ve hidden themselves among the corpses of their previous victims, laying in wait to ambush us.
The emerging marro carry the same weaponry as those we fought in Ekstrom. We’ve named them. The ones with the big electricity-firing guns, we call “Stingers” and we’ve named the ones with the twin pistols “Drudge.”
One of the Stingers points his charging gun in my direction. I fire my grapple skyward. It catches on a spindly branch growing out of the rock face. I pull a trigger and am jerked up, avoiding a deadly shock. I swing across the water and release the grapple, landing behind the Stinger that just tried to take me out. Before it can even turn around, I send its head rolling off of its shoulders, landing in the water with a splash.
Something jumps on me from behind. Sharp teeth bite into my shoulder. Grunting in pain, I reach back and catch hold of the thing. It’s a marro-like animal. It has an elongated, hard, green shell for a head and a fleshless body. It claws and snaps at me like a rabid dog. I throw the hideous thing into the swamp and step on its green shell of a head, applying pressure on it, until it cracks and collapses under my boot.
I turn around in time to see two more the green-headed creatures jump at me, knocking me backwards into the water. I cover my face with my metallic right arm to fend off their bites, swinging blindly with the sword in my other arm. I fight for air, the marro-beasts holding me underwater. My struggle quickly drains away the oxygen in my lungs, panic and arm flailing sets in.
Just as I am about to breath in swamp water, the weight lifts off of my chest. I sit up gasping for air. A rasping yelp of pain comes from above me. Glancing up I see the two marro creatures suspended in mid-air, writhing and yipping in pain. Across the water I spot Sonlen, both of his arms extended, and his eyes closed as if in concentration. Sonlen makes his hands into fists and a final pair of yelps cry out from above me, the creatures go limp, and plunge down into the water.
I stand, letting the water and slime run off of my dripping clothes and face. I look around me. Raelin towers over 3 marro, slain at her feet. The little dragon sits on top of another prostrate marro, still snapping at the back of its neck. Only one marro remains, one of the Drudge. It stands for a second, looking at me, and then turns and runs. I fire my grapple at its back. The line goes taut and I yank the Drudge backwards off of its feet. I hop up out of the swamp water and stand over the heartless creature, executing it with a pistol shot to the forehead.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!

Last edited by TheMainMan; June 18th, 2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo in Thormun. He's not Thorgrim!
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:11 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Journal update?

Quite descriptive battles scenes. I don't remember reading that stuff before, but I'm not 100% on that.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

Way more adult themed too. Love it!

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is new. Nice find and Rep+.

EDIT: Accidentally hit enter, so my rep sig is just an "S".
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I found it this morning.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
I found it this morning.

EDIT:
Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
Is it just me, or did they add 2 pieces to Thorgrums Journal? I scanned back the last two pages and I don't see anyone else noticing this, so it could be older news.
Not old news to me. Thanks!

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Lol, sorry I didn't post this earlyer.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
I hop up out of the swamp water and stand over the heartless creature, executing it with a pistol shot to the forehead.

Awesome.
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker

So, can we now confirm that Drake is the Jury, Judge, and Executioner?
As for the chapters, I liked them! The battle scene was nice... I wonder what those arms belonged to. Probably the Moon Kyrie.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:57 PM

B Dada is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is certainly an improvement over the old entries.
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Holy crap was that violent!

It was darn good, though!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News