Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a casual or competitive Heroscape Player?
Casual 99 81.82%
Competitive 22 18.18%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 23rd, 2007, 03:30 AM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Casual or Competitive Heroscape?

Im just wondering if the majority of heroscapers here play casually with their friends or seek out the tournaments to show your superiority. I would consider myself a casual player because i play with the same people every time i play and its usually just a fun, casual game. There have been a few times when we actually want to win, but I have never been to a large tournament (although it seems fun).

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:15 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've never played in a heroscape tournament and probably never will
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:39 AM

Harold Woo who?
I'd absolutly love to play competitively, but i dont think there are more then a few people here that have more then a single masterset. Ive tried looking around on the web, but ive not found any people in my country playing heroscape.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 06:30 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
Same, no tournaments around here, and I can't drive.

I like waffles!
Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Both.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:09 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
I play mostly with the wife and if I play to competitive with her I would be playing a lot less

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:17 AM

Kuprin has disabled reputation
Casual. This game is designed for that, and lacks the balance and completeness of a competitive game. Does that make it a worse game? Well, technically yes, but it doesn't bother anyone around here.

Games are in my blood, and in my mind. It's just what I do.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuprin
Casual. This game is designed for that, and lacks the balance and completeness of a competitive game. Does that make it a worse game? Well, technically yes, but it doesn't bother anyone around here.
Please do explain.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM

Gearz4Gutz has disabled reputation
If I could play more often, I might enjoy an occasional tournement.

As it is I get to play three times a year if I'm lucky so I'm certainly a casual player.

It's not for lack of trying, it's all about interest. None of my friends or family seem too interested.

My daughter is four and in another year I'll be introducing her to the game.

Of course that would still be casual.

Carl
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:23 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
The group of scapers I'm in(which is only like 4 or 5) we play casual. It would be cool though to be in a tournament.

Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Don't tell that to the DFW folks, or the ones in Ohio, or western PA or all the people registered for the Tournies at GenCon.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Don't tell that to the DFW folks, or the ones in Ohio, or western PA or all the people registered fro the Tournies at GenCon.
Don't forget the Iowa or California or Boston tourney people, either.

I think all it means is that HeroScape tournaments are less vicious and more fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion