Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:58 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Shaolin’s Secret Wars

The games I play with my boys are getting pretty epic, and I’m going to start documenting them. This thread will serve that purpose. Our games mix classic, marvel, customs, and AOTPW based on rules found on this site. We have additional rules when it comes to drafting and gameplay that I’m sure will come up during the thread, but it’s pretty close to what this site ended up putting together in regards to mixing HS and AOTPW.

My goal here is to put more of a creative writing spin on this also, my kids enjoy seeing/hearing our games retold as stories. I’m going to try to write from the POV of one army, or at least tell the story in terms of the army I control. Rather than say I moved 6 spaces and rolled 3 skulls, it will be more like this unit approached that unit and landed a crushing blow. Something like that. I want to end up with an engaging narrative around an engaging game experience.

So with that out of the way, on with the thread. Consider me a Watcher/Beyonder/army general hybrid, and I hope anyone who reads these will enjoy.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 02:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Shaolin’s Secret Wars

Sounds like fun. The narrative of thinking how the battle would play out like a story or movie is what attracted me to this game even more after starting to play it. Its truly a game where any unit can exist and be able to fight anything else.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 23rd, 2019, 03:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looking forward to it. I agree this is one of my favorite parts, even when I’m playing “seriously” or competitively at tourneys.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 25th, 2019, 07:50 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Team 1: Venom, Grimnak, Arrow Gruts, Blade Gruts, Heavy Gruts, Swog Rider, Black Wyrmling x2, Ob Nixilis, Eldrazi Ruiner, Eldrazi Scions

Team 2: Iron Man, Agent Carr, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Viking Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Arlinn Kord, Kessig Rangers, Bloodline Nobles, Mad Prophet

Battlefield: The Broken Skyline

9 rounds with an 8 year old either means I suck or he’s a natural. We try to stop around 8, but there was only a 15 point difference after 8 so we went one more. Anyway, onto the details, as seen by team 1.

Spoiler Alert!

Well that ended up way longer than I anticipated, but I like it. It’s funny how easy it is to apply to a narrative to a game that depends a lot on both strategy and chance. Hope you like it. There will be more as we play more.

Last edited by shaolin; July 25th, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old October 14th, 2019, 04:01 PM

Been a long time since the first one. I think I was a little too over the top with the deaths, and video games are a distraction for me and them, so they stopped caring. But eventually we got another game in.

Team 1: Spider-Man, Raelin, Finn, Thorgrim, Eldgrim, Knights of Weston, Sorin, Avacyn, Malakir Bloodchasers, Skirsdag Cultists

Team 2: Dr. Doom, Deathwalker 9000, Zettian Guards, Deathreavers, Jace, Lantern Geists, Illusionary Projections, Necro-Alchemist

Battlefield: Ruins of Braunglayde

This one went 8 rounds. He used Jace really well, but probably could’ve used Doom more effectively. But still, it was a fun game.

Spoiler Alert!

A little different, a paragraph per round, and each from 1 point of view, switching between rounds for the narrative. Let me know what you think. I’m sure I messed up some spelling or grammar, call them out of you see any.

Last edited by shaolin; October 14th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old December 30th, 2020, 09:41 AM

jessica_ashford is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
The games I play with my boys are getting pretty epic, and I’m going to start documenting them. This thread will serve that purpose. Our games mix classic, marvel, customs, and AOTPW based on rules found on this site. We have additional rules when it comes to drafting and gameplay that I’m sure will come up during the thread, but it’s pretty close to what this site ended up putting together in regards to mixing HS and AOTPW.

My goal here is to put more of a creative writing spin on this also, my kids enjoy seeing/hearing our games retold as stories. I’m going to try to write from the POV of one army, or at least tell the story in terms of the army I control. Rather than say I moved 6 spaces and rolled 3 skulls, it will be more like this unit approached that unit and landed a crushing blow. Something like that. I want to end up with an engaging narrative around an engaging game experience.

So with that out of the way, on with the thread. Consider me a Watcher/Beyonder/army general hybrid, and I hope anyone who reads these will enjoy.
Thanks for this a lot. Pretty interesting
Old January 31st, 2021, 12:05 PM

That_American_Idiot is surprisingly tart

I love these stories! This is how a Heroscape battle should be remembered, as an epic battle that was fought and against all odds, one side coming through to victory!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports