Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 19th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs CROC & COWBOY

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
One issue I see is: what happens if he's got all 3 OM's on him? OM 1 and 2 he only gets +2 range and then OM 3 is the only time he gets +5 range? b/c even if you don't plan on moving him OM 2 and 3 you can't assume you won't move him during those turns in order to use the +5 range on turn 1...does that make sense? maybe reword it? or possibly put the X order marker in play and make it any time the X OM is revealed he gets +5 range or something?
Oops. Maybe I can word it better, the idea is if he hasn't moved so far this round he gets the +5 bonus. He can get Range 10 on OM1 and still move on OM 2 or 3. As to his price tag, he'll need playtesting. Only being able to attack once per OM for a maximum of 4 is the main thing keeping him low right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Super Advantage. Cool idea...but weird name for that special imo. I think there could be some better options for the special name. Maybe "Superior Advantage"...or..."Heightened Strength"...or..."I'm so high up here I'm really strong" ;-P (don't take me seriously on that last one)
It's a reused power name. I thought maybe I could come up with something more thematically fitting for a cowboy, but eh, screw it...

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 19th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Super Advantage: i used the same mechanic on my cavalry customs, but I named it Mounted Advantage (or Mounted Combat). Not as reusable, but if you make a lot of cavalry units (I was on a Riders of Rohan kick at the time) it's got nice flavor, IMO.

Framed Tucker is really neat. I think his points are fine, considering the low life value and only 1 attack per order marker. Seems like he'd make a good late-game runner and gunner, esp. with a Viking or Wolf Spirit on his card. Makes me wish the miniature was more available or pre-painted.

Old August 25th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Oops. Maybe I can word it better, the idea is if he hasn't moved so far this round he gets the +5 bonus. He can get Range 10 on OM1 and still move on OM 2 or 3. As to his price tag, he'll need playtesting. Only being able to attack once per OM for a maximum of 4 is the main thing keeping him low right now.
~TAF
Okay gotcha. That makes more sense. If that is the case than you'll want to reword it slightly to make that clear. This should do the trick...

If Framed Tucker did not move this turn, add 2 to his Range value for this turn. If he has not yet moved this round, add an additional 3 to his Range value for this turn.

That way the player clearly understands that not moving in a given turn will reward them +2 range...but if they haven't move that turn as well as for the round then the cumulative range bonus will be +5. Before it was just confusing...now this makes it a little more clear. ( or at least I think so ...)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 25th, 2016, 02:05 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, Framed Tucker had been updated, with better wording on Expert Aiming and the renamed Mounted Advantage.

~TAF, to be back with more soon

Old August 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Didn't have a chance to really look em over, but love both framed tucker and your croc deity. That guy is a nasty squad killer. He seems super fun. Best case scenario for an opponent would be to take a turn with him and put him into a group of your squad guys. Framed tucker looks pretty cool, and has a good theme as well. Hate to fight him with an army of knights of Weston. Good stuff, well Down TAF.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 3rd, 2016, 01:28 AM

Arrow Hekatiane

Hello all, and welcome back to TAF Custom's "Customs for Figures We'll Never Have" hour, this time starring more Warhammer units! Today we've got three new Customs, all immensely powerful in their own right. Why, we've even got another Valkyrie this time! Let's take a look and marvel at the glorious proxies-to-be:

Character Bio: Although many Generals avoid direct combat themselves, Hekatiane is sometimes possessed into leading the charge atop a giant beetle. Many say she is goaded into battle by the spirits she is guided by, their motives all but unknowable to even her own troops.

Even when killed the Valkyrie's body mysteriously sinks into the earth and vanishes. Hekatiane always reappears in the flesh soon after, seemingly unkillable. This has led many to speculate that perhaps the Valkyrie is composed of the spirits themselves, having consumed the real Hekatiane long ago.

I never intended to make any more Valkyrie units other than Ozirael, but the sculpt was too much to pass up on, so here's Hekatiane, goddess of balance. Her base stats are scary enough, as is her Wither Aura, which reduces the attack/defense of all small/medium figures within 6 spaces. Yikes. Fortunately she loses an attack/defense die of her own for every 4 figures affected, and it does affect her own units. On top of that, she has Equilibrium 6, enabling her to potentially trade the life of a friendly squaddie for the life of an opponent's before attacking (Ustarof's version has also been buffed to be usable before attacking rather than instead). Lastly, Long Stride enables her to not get bogged down by smaller figures, keeping her mobile amidst swarms.

Although her Wither Aura is immensely powerful, like Xezbeth she kind of needs allies to make the most of it. Additionally, she is vulnerable to Large/Huge figures, especially if her Defense is being lowered by her Aura. It's hard to judge how good she is on paper, but that's okay because like Ozirael she's probably going to be saved for special scenarios only.

Character Bio: Einar's latest powerhouse: the Gladiator Tetraites. A mountain of muscle, Tetraites' strength is only matched by his unbelievable speed. Oftentimes the enemy misjudges the gladiator, believing his size and unwieldy axe to make him slow. It is their undoing every single time.

A free-for-all against multiple Generals makes for the perfect arena for the mighty Gladiator. Tetraites hacks through Utgar's minions and crushes Ozirael's pawns underfoot. He leads an army of Gladiators at his back and no foe stops him for long. Tetraites' only mistake is believing that his axe will always consume the flesh of his enemies, never the other way around. The bubbling skin of his Hellectic opponent catches the blade of his weapon. Instantly its muscles churn and run up the axe, latching onto Tetraites and consuming him in a heartbeat. Tetraites is no more. Reborn, now there is only Bilide6.

The Hellectic faction grows and continues to only be more bizarre. Bilide6 is wildly versatile depending on what Order Markers you do and don't have on him. Move 9 seems insane already, but Bio Decay reduces his move to 5 on OM 2 and to a measly 1 on OM 3. Luckily he also has Build Muscle, which seriously boosts his defense should he skip out on OM 1 and also his attack should he only have OM 3 on his card. Combined with Surround Takedown, which further increases his offensive power, and Bilide6 can be fast, tough, and strong all at once. Ideally you want to move him in on OM 1 and then hunker down with two attacks for 7 next round, but that takes a lot to set up, so he can be both powerful and difficult to use. A monster to be sure, but an unwieldy one.

Character Bio: The mortal enemy of the valiant Knights Sparier, the Vindicators Genocira are the most feared faction on the alternate Earth. Having developed weaponry capable of destroying even Sparier armor, the Genocira are both immensely strong and hard to kill. This trait helped them quickly ascend the ranks of the warring factions, soon dominating most of the Earth with an iron fist.

Utgar was pleased with their cruel and calculating handiwork, finding it comparable to his own, and was quick to summon a legion of them to Valhalla. Like a walking wall of steel, only the most seasoned of warriors can fell even a single Vindicator with consistency.

Man, Utgar sure is getting a lot of powerful expensive anti-squad units, isn't he? Another Mechknight squad, the Vindicators Genocira are slow but steady. With Steamroll 2, they are an absolute powerhouse against other Squads, gaining 5/5 attack/defense stats. Luckily Large/Huge figures and Heroes are immune. Goliath Jet 10 also enables a Genocira to fly, helping their slow movement on hilly maps. Like the Knights Sparier's Special Attack, only one member of the squad can use it at a time. Although they are unbelievably strong against many squads, Heroes with multiple attacks can make short work of them, even lesser ones like SotM Raelin.

Anyhow, what'd you think? Too strong? Too expensive? Comment and let me know and I'll be back with more soon. Soon being a relative term, of course.

~TAF

(figures used: Warhammer
Hekatiane = Alarielle the Everqueen
Bilide6 = Gutrot Spume
Vindicators = Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans)

Old September 3rd, 2016, 04:41 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs HEKATIANE

Cool cards! I like Hekatiane - it's always cool to see more Valkyrie Generals! Blide6 is great too. I really like the Vindicators, but unfortunately can's see the figures as anything other than Space Marines.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

@TheAverageFan , I've just noticed that almost all of your cards appear to have disappeared.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 30th, 2016, 03:06 PM

Huh? What? Oh, right. I'll update and fix them when I've got some time to kill. Sorry about that. I've been on a bit of a hiatus from customs since my schedule's picked up.

~TAF

EDIT: All units have been fixed

Last edited by TheAverageFan; October 16th, 2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:33 PM

@Lazy Orang

Okay all images in the OP have been fixed and are good for all yer viewing pleasures.

~TAF

Old October 16th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
@Lazy Orang

Okay all images in the OP have been fixed and are good for all yer viewing pleasures.

~TAF
Cool.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:53 AM

Arrow Re: TAF's Customs I'M BACK

Good Lord it's been a while. Truth be told I just kind of fizzled out on making Customs. Which is good for the Gallery because I've been planning on uploading my Customs there so the pics won't disappear. For those of you who've looked through my Index, you can see why that could flood the servers. Still, I think I will be reuploading a few Customs at a time over the next few whiles so that they can be on there permanently. As they often say:

At any rate, to be honest the #1 reason I haven't been at it since October is that I haven't really seen any new figures to get the gears spinning in my head (also I've been working a lot on my writing, check it out (shameless plug, check)). But I recently found some new figures on the Pathfinder gallery that revived an old idea in my head, and an old faction that most definitely deserves some love.

Yes, it's the triumphant return of the Nazi Spiders, along with the debut of the equally silly yet viable Communist Scorpions!! The first batch of Reuploads will be the rest of the Nazi Spider faction.

Character Bio: Fat yellow and black, like a bumblebee, is hard to miss on the battlefield. Oberst Superspinne, a member of the Super-Spiders (S.S.) often leads the charge against the Alliance's front lines. He shows no mercy to any creature unworthy of being blessed with eight legs. Other Nazis around him are inspired by his cruelty.

Oberst knows his limits, however. Should the threat of being stepped on for good draw too near, he will turn and run for the hills, often leaving his idealized minions behind to meet their doom. Anyone who puts an end to this vile creature will receive a hero's welcome returning from battle.

Oberst Superspinne is another Nazi Spider hero, although this time a lot less expensive. He's got powerful stats for the price, although 2 life leaves a lot to be desired. However his powers can help make up for it. Superior Race 1 grants nearby Nazis extra attack against weaker figures, especially powerful for the other big Nazi Spider heroes that cost a lot. Having an aura on the front lines is dangerous though, but he can one-time save himself with Literally Spineless, a power that gives him a free Slippery once down to one life. Extremely dangerous but short-lived, you could say that Oberst is a lot like the Nazis themselves.

Character Bio: Arachnids' Republic of Mother Scussia War Journal #1984:

It have been one week since Comrade Braznyy and I were summoned to la-la world of Valhalla. Is not nice place: too warm, not enough vodka, too few stereotypes, and the etcetera. Also there is the business of the warlike. It reminds Comrade Skorpio of the battle for Eastern Arachnid-Europe. Comrade Skorpio boldly carry battle flag of the Mother Scussia back then, and now he does so in the name of freedom here.

Mother Luselene take us into her army. She is like Big Sister: not like those other Valkyire pigs. She tell us how they fight to keep good-water to themselves, and use the summon to make their armies. We scorpions will help Mother Luselene overthrow fat Valkyrie bourgeoisie and make all thing in equals.

Come join this battle my brothers! Let us grab the enemies with our claws--our sickles--and bring down the peoples' hammer with much sting, yes! Their big fire-dragons and giants are no match for the united masses!

~Skorpio

Comrade Skorpio is good for pinning down pesky figures. His Grip and Sting is like a Cyberclaw, although it requires his attack. However, 7 Move makes him a threat that can close distances quickly. On top of that, with Peoples' Rebellion Skorpio gives all other Communists an attack buff against figures that cost 150 or more. The more Communists this faction acquires, the more dangerous this power will be. He could be a great Cyprien counter in the future.

Character Bio: Like an organic tank rumbling across the battlefield, Braznyy often flat-out ignores the fighting around him. He lives only to see the enemy's "best and brightest" brought to their knees. His thick claws deflect weaker attacks, and his stinger is filled to the brim with poison.

Braznyy believes in the peoples' cause so much, it is said that the potency of his sting increases tenfold when he uses it on a capitalist. The People are the muscle, and when the sting comes the punch sure feels like it.

Comrade Braznyy is a good Hero killer. While his Outer Shell limits the wounds he can take from Squaddies, allowing for him to plow past them fearlessly, his Peoples' Poison 14 is the real danger. 5 attack ensures an easy wound, and with enough Communists nearby few will survive the extra wounds inflicted. As it is, though, he'll need more allies before that's really all that useful. We'll see if I can round up enough Scorpions to make a squad for these two.

Well there you have it. Glad to see me back? Who knows when I'll upload the next batch, but for any newcomers, stick around in the next few weeks and check out my reuploaded stuff. You might find one you fancy. Until then...

~TAF

(figures used:
Oberst = Pathfinder Giant Spider
Skorpio = Pathfinder Giant Scorpion
Breznyy = D&D Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; February 19th, 2017 at 02:44 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards