Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 22nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Dr. Jekyll's Thinking Room

Yeah, I also want to see a card for Grim Reaper and it's fantastic that you know him well enough to want to take him on (I only know him from the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon). Looking at the card again, the first power seems flexible enough that you could build a few interesting armies around him. Kind of think it should be tweaked a bit so he could 'recruit' someone into a Hydra build if you so wanted to do that with this card. Or play him and his 'recruit' without any Hydra around too. Not seeing the need for Street Thug bonding, so go with Ruthless Mastermind and you've got the Hydra hook started. On the last power, is he really slowly dying when he's taking a shower and eating a meal? The self wounding aspect is a turn off for me. I think he could just heal with it.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 09:57 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I also want to see a card for Grim Reaper and it's fantastic that you know him well enough to want to take him on (I only know him from the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon). Looking at the card again, the first power seems flexible enough that you could build a few interesting armies around him. Kind of think it should be tweaked a bit so he could 'recruit' someone into a Hydra build if you so wanted to do that with this card. Or play him and his 'recruit' without any Hydra around too. Not seeing the need for Street Thug bonding, so go with Ruthless Mastermind and you've got the Hydra hook started. On the last power, is he really slowly dying when he's taking a shower and eating a meal? The self wounding aspect is a turn off for me. I think he could just heal with it.
Thank you for the suggestion Yoda. I can dig the Hydra angle. I was really thinking of scratching the last power for FEAR THE REAPER.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 10:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I like that Fear the Reaper. That'd be an upgrade, IMO.

I don't know enough about the Lethal Legion to comment to much on the first power, but it feels a little too open to me. Does it really make sense for him to be making Hulk and Punisher Criminals?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 22nd, 2021, 10:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I knew when I started writing this guy up that he was gonna be a tough cookie. Not that my last LDs weren't tough. I'm completely open to suggestions in order to make this dude something that everyone can dig.
@Yodaking Is this more of what you were talking about?
If not then like @Bats said; I'm not ready, and that's fine. I can work on it.

Quote:

NAME = GRIM REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC WILLIAMS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

LETHAL LEGION
At the start of the game you may choose one Unique (Human or Mutate?) Hero you control that is not a Crime Fighter. For the entire game, the chosen figure has the class of Criminal(or Terrorist?) instead of what is listed on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Grim Reaper, if Grim Reaper inflicted one or more wounds, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Criminal or Unique Terrorist Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

INCEPHALO-STUNNER 14
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure receives 1 wound and you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card.

FEAR THE REAPER
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Grim Reaper with an adjacent normal attack. When Grim Reaper inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. Grim Reaper cannot be targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack and never takes falling damage.
Edit: Or should I do away with the healing all together and keep it simple?
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heading in the right direction. I'm hoping some folks who know the character better can chime in.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Not familiar with why that last line exist in the last power. Being untargetable at range all the time would be a significant power and not one I'm sure fits the character. We are discussing something similar for a different character in the sanctum, it definitely fits the character to a tee, and even then it's limited to when he doesn't have a revealed OM on his card. Not sure on the theme behind no falling damage either, but that's at least minor.

On the first power, I think I would make them Terrorist. Less synergy their currently than Criminal. I like the human or mutate limitation, assuming that Wonder Man is a mutate without looking it up. Since you are only bonding with one specific character, and only when Grim deals damage himself (with a melee weapon at that), I would think you could try it out first without the OM reveal restriction. Then the Ruthless Mastermind link to Hydra means you are can drop OM's on the Agents, bond with Grim, and try to bond with Wonder Man. Pretty strong when you can pull it off, but I don't think it will occur more than a couple of times before something falls apart.

*edit* Actually it looks like you can already chain together Hydra Agents -> Red Skull -> Master Motivator bonded turn. So yeah, I'd for sure cut the OM reveal part.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:02 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Yoda I appreciate the help here. This feels like a more solid design here. I removed the last line, it was not needed.

Quote:

NAME = GRIM REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC WILLIAMS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

LETHAL LEGION
At the start of the game you may choose one Unique Human or Mutate Hero you control that is not a Crime Fighter. For the entire game, the chosen figure has the class of Terrorist instead of what is listed on its card. After taking a turn with Grim Reaper, if Grim Reaper inflicted one or more wounds, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Terrorist Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

INCEPHALO-STUNNER 14
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure receives 1 wound and you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card.

FEAR THE REAPER
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Grim Reaper with an adjacent normal attack. When Grim Reaper inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:05 AM

Not that it terribly controls the power level, but it does at least help keep things in a somewhat thematic lane, so did you mean to cut the Human/Mutate restriction?

Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:06 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not that it terribly controls the power level, but it does at least help keep things in a somewhat thematic lane, so did you mean to cut the Human/Mutate restriction?
Nope!! It's there now
Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:09 AM

Cool cool. Just to clarify a tad why I don't think it helps with power level: that's still 451 cards.

I do worry a tad that making Green Lantern a Terrorist will be the best use for him?

Edit: Or Jane Foster Thor, or Graviton, or Hulk, or some even higher costed ones On Deck ....

Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:12 AM

Hmm, looking through the index, I think I'd consider putting a non-Super Strength clause on it as well. That gets you down to M. Bison being the highest costing partner.

Old January 23rd, 2021, 01:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool cool. Just to clarify a tad why I don't think it helps with power level: that's still 451 cards.

I do worry a tad that making Green Lantern a Terrorist will be the best use for him?

Edit: Or Jane Foster Thor, or Graviton, or Hulk, or some even higher costed ones On Deck ....
Got it, he is definitely not ready

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy