Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2018, 07:50 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?
Re: Heroscape Codex

Thanks for the link! Didn't realize we had access to these. They are neat
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

New Codex article is up!
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...logtype=recent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:32 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I have recently volunteered to help out with the Heroscape Codex. If you're not familiar with it, it used to be a PDF magazine but is now regular articles periodically posted to the front page of Heroscapers.

Do you read the Codex?

If not, let me know why!
Not often. It doesn't feel like there are any news to find anymore, and I don't see much publicity for the Codex to keep it in my mind. I often forget about it entirely (despite the fact that I thought I had subscribed to it) unless I see something about it on the front page.

I also typically devote too much time to HeroScape already, so reading custom or map-making advice doesn't interest me a lot. I apologize if this isn't the majority of the articles, but for some reason all that I can really remember about reading the Codex is these kinds of things and the interviews with members of the site, neither of which are high priorities for me to spend my free-time reading.

I think that a more consistent and varied presence on the front page could easily convince me to read more often, especially if we start seeing things like sneak peeks/interviews on upcoming C3V releases, stuff with Craig Van Ness and Soaring Rhino, or even on occasional site updates.

Something else that I would be greatly interested in reading would be Strategy Guides, much like we used to see for the Books of classic units. I would love to read articles in that old format talking specifically about C3V-inclusive stuff (it could even double as drumming up interest for the most recent units), and if these could be linked to the relevant Books after release, it could stand as some new long-standing content for people to read and get interested in the Codex by.

I apologize if any of the above is already being carried out, as I haven't seen these things as a relative outsider to the Codex. If they are, then I think that it is more of a problem of appearance and getting the Codex (all parts of it) out there to the community. I certainly wouldn't complain about more front-page activity.
It was our original plan to post regularly on the front page. That idea didn't last for a few reasons, primarily the fact that we only had three or four articles to showcase, and that the other admins did not coordinate with Xotli about when they were about to post on the front page. We got ninja'd out of position once or twice without warning, and we had to delay or scrap the post because Xotli didn't want to ninja back (and I agreed with him). You don't want a new C3G announcement up there for a few hours before it gets pushed down. Because of this, we decided to reserve the front page for major announcements.

As for new content: that largely relies on the contributors. Getting someone who wants to write for us and has the knowledge and time to do so is incredibly difficult. All of your suggestions sound like great ones... it just rests in the hands of those willing and able to write the articles.

We were doing Strategy Guides, but our contributor, Dysole, has been unable to write for some time now, and we've been unable to find a replacement. Narrowing down the pool even further, the format she was writing in is restricted by the USR. If I remember their terms, you have to be a member of their group to use the format, and have the article checked over by the group before we ever see it. So that has greatly limited our ability to find a replacement.

As for articles with CVN and Soaring Rhino - that would be great. Again, we would need a contributor if it were to become a regular thing, but a simple interview would be easy enough. Up until this point, the Codex has been limited to HSers, and content and contributors found on that site (with the exception of the recent Hyground interview). Reaching out to CVN is something we could definitely look into. No promises, but I'll put it forward in the Codex forum.

~TGRF.
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:44 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Xotli Would it be possible to get a sticky for this?

~TGRF.
Old December 9th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Would it be possible to get a sticky for this?
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 9th, 2018, 09:00 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

New Codex article!
'Scaper of the Month: Arkham

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:37 AM

Any suggestions on the index in the OP? Would anyone like it organized differently?

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Any suggestions on the index in the OP? Would anyone like it organized differently?
Well there is an old index sitting on the drive (under admin files) which could be updated and embedded, if you want. It's just an option.

~TGRF.
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I know it's been a few years since I wrote strategy articles for the Codex. I was wondering if you would be interested in including some of my custom units in the Codex. I have a drider custom and a custom based on the greenvise vine. I also have a troll king custom. I'm thinking I can submit one each month. I'm sure I can come up with more. All I need is help making cards for the units, and I think I can get that from one of the many artists online.

Old December 16th, 2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I know it's been a few years since I wrote strategy articles for the Codex. I was wondering if you would be interested in including some of my custom units in the Codex. I have a drider custom and a custom based on the greenvise vine. I also have a troll king custom. I'm thinking I can submit one each month. I'm sure I can come up with more. All I need is help making cards for the units, and I think I can get that from one of the many artists online.
So basically a highlight of sort? Interesting idea; I'll see what the others think and get back to you.

~TGRF.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:10 PM

I would like to see something like that but with a different custom creator each article.

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I would like to see something like that but with a different custom creator each article.

@Sherman Davies has a lot of LotR and Marvel/DC customs. You might ask @chas and @kolakoski as well (the whole NYC Gang of Four!)

I have two predator class units that I could include in a themed article.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion