Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 12 66.67%
ehh, maybe 6 33.33%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 9th, 2018, 01:13 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Trex's customs: Star Wars Republic Forces 10/07/18

I'm going to just trickle this one in here before the Commanders because I have a Soft Spot for Wookiees. I will be making a ranged squad of these guys as well because there are just so many cool wookiee minis with guns out there not to. To Start up some Wookiee Love Here is Tarful

I started out with giving him Chewie type stats and abilities because he and Chewie are pretty similar when it comes down to brute strength. The difference between the two is Tarful is just a big commanding Wookiee with no loyalty ties. The Charging Assault ability of the Kozuke Samurai just really fit here with a crazed wookiee charging in to really get blood.

Next are the Wookiee Warriors. Similar to Tarful, they are Crazed Melee Fighting Wookiees. I wanted to keep their stats reflecting their brutish wookiee attributes giving them higher attack and higher defense. To keep it in check I made them into a squad of 2 figures. What really popped into my head was during Episode III on the Battle for Kashyyyk when the two wookiees jumped onto the droid tank planting explosives and dove into the water. Another thing that comes to mind are the Awesome Wookiee berserkers from the force Unleashed Video Games. These guys can really deal damage to heroes if they get in close enough. They are so-so on the number game when it comes down to killing squads though.

Last edited by TREX; January 5th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

@japes @Arch-vile I'm back on track with the Clone Troops. How is Rex looking? I'm not too sure on his price tag but I like the look of the rest. I put the double attack in there to represent him always using the blaster pistols. In turn I took his range down 1. The Jet pack isnt on most of the troops but is on him so it was a fun way for him to jump around the battlefield. Rally does two things. It allows multiple clone factions to work together when your down to a couple each or just need to use some of them in a different strategy. It also comes out thematically, because Rex is always picking up the pieces when things go sour. Allowing him to gather a few survivors from separate squads and get them back fighting at full strength.

EDIT: After a bit of Theoryscaping, I've come to the conclusion that 100pts is a great start. In a one on one battle with Syvarris, Depending on how much height there is on the map, Syvarris would have a pretty descent chance at taking him down with his better range value. Another unit that is similar is Kaemon Awa. I think Kaemon Awa beats this guy every time unless there are some great height differences in which Rex would have a chance. Once Kaemon Awa Closes the gap would probably win most every time. Curious to know what you guys think of this one before I finish up the others.

Last edited by TREX; October 29th, 2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:18 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks great. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:38 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm going to just trickle this one in here before the Commanders because I have a Soft Spot for Wookiees. I will be making a ranged squad of these guys as well because there are just so many cool wookiee minis with guns out there not to. To Start up some Wookiee Love Here is Tarful

I started out with giving him Chewie type stats and abilities because he and Chewie are pretty similar when it comes down to brute strength. The difference between the two is Tarful is just a big commanding Wookiee with no loyalty ties. The Charging Assault ability of the Kozuke Samurai just really fit here with a crazed wookiee charging in to really get blood.
Next are the Wookiee Warriors. Similar to Tarful, they are Crazed Melee Fighting Wookiees. I wanted to keep their stats reflecting their brutish wookiee attributes giving them higher attack and higher defense. To keep it in check I made them into a squad of 2 figures. What really popped into my head was during Episode III on the Battle for Kashyyyk when the two wookiees jumped onto the droid tank planting explosives and dove into the water. Another thing that comes to mind are the Awesome Wookiee berserkers from the force Unleashed Video Games. These guys can really deal damage to heroes if they get in close enough. They are so-so on the number game when it comes down to killing squads though.
I like Tarful a lot! Are you making a second Wookiee squad with range?
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:02 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:

I like Tarful a lot! Are you making a second Wookiee squad with range?
Yes I am. I kind of like making them 2 man squads so I can keep them brutish with their wookiee stats. Also. Thanks for stopping by porkins.
Edit: I wanted to give all the wookiees the same wookiee rage ability to tie them in together. The ranged wookiees will probably have a special attack to represent their guns.

Last edited by TREX; October 9th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 04:22 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I think that's great. Han said, "a wookiee will tear your arms out", not "Chewie might tear your arms out."
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Now you need to start getting some models together for the hard to find mini's. Rex for one is one I've not been able to find. And if I had printable models for all these squad figures I'd be in a much bigger hurry to buy a printer.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Now you need to start getting some models together for the hard to find mini's. Rex for one is one I've not been able to find. And if I had printable models for all these squad figures I'd be in a much bigger hurry to buy a printer.
Im using the 501st legion clone commander mini for Rex. The paint job is really close for the phase 2 armor. The model doesnt have a jet pack but rexs jet pack is fairly small and could be modded easily if needed. I already have a bacara, gree, cody, arc trooper, and generic clone commander along with at least 3 to 4 squads of each clone type. I have tons of wookiees. The choice of making 2 man squads out of them was to allow them to be as awesome as wookiees should be. A wookiee with 3 attack or less just doesnt sound like a wookiee. They are still fairly cheap on sites like miniature market and coolstuffinc. There are quite a few different stances of wookiee warriors out there as well to use in place of the two I picked. Same case for the shooters.
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:43 PM

Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death! Arch-vile is hot lava death!

You're a machine TREX. I like the links between the Wookiees and Chewie. A couple minor things: you misspelled "Wookiee Warriors", "Ferocious", and "Tarfful".
Old October 9th, 2018, 06:02 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
You're a machine TREX. I like the links between the Wookiees and Chewie. A couple minor things: you misspelled "Wookiee Warriors", "Ferocious", and "Tarfful".
Thanks Arch. I'll update those. For whatever reason, I can't see Wookieepedia on my computer that I use photoshop on. I really appreciate all you guys feedback on these to get them tuned in a bit more.

Updated: The original card post for the Wookiee Warriors and Tarfful that is linked to the OP.

Last edited by TREX; October 9th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 07:35 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Im using the 501st legion clone commander mini for Rex. The paint job is really close for the phase 2 armor. The model doesnt have a jet pack but rexs jet pack is fairly small and could be modded easily if needed. I already have a bacara, gree, cody, arc trooper, and generic clone commander along with at least 3 to 4 squads of each clone type. I have tons of wookiees. The choice of making 2 man squads out of them was to allow them to be as awesome as wookiees should be. A wookiee with 3 attack or less just doesnt sound like a wookiee. They are still fairly cheap on sites like miniature market and coolstuffinc. There are quite a few different stances of wookiee warriors out there as well to use in place of the two I picked. Same case for the shooters.
Good call on the 501st Commander. I think I may actually have that figure.

Quote:
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:11 PM
"like" happy

Next up is Commander Cody. With an ability to drop in with his fellow Airbourne troopers along with helping them make the drop easier along with a simple thematic use of squad covering fire helps him get into the thick of battle with his troops. Squad covering fire helps him bring up his fellow soldier figures whether they be clone troopers or other clone heroes. It isnt limited to republic soldiers either. The point cost may need an adjust once more play testing is done.

Last edited by TREX; October 29th, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards