Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Wong (Design Phase)

I like that G-O. Nice call.

Skeeter feel free to comment and present ideas. Just do not change the SP during the first 48 hours. You can post possible new versions if you want to, or not.
I actually like your hands off approach so far. Give us some slack and then yank the reins, or not.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM

DocGlock is surprisingly tart

I wouldn't mind seeing Wong boost Strange in some way. I've really only used strange as a counter to Magical defense characters and think a +1 attack could go a long way in triggering his Eye of Agamotto special ability. With only 5 attack it can be difficult for strange to do much of anything against high def figures, but I think this could help him see play as more than just a counter pick. So something like...

Loyal Manservant
At the start of the game, choose a figure with the Magical Defense special power that you control. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Wong, you may first take a turn with the chosen figure. If Wong is adjacent to the chosen figure add 1 to Wong's normal attack. If the chosen figure's class is Sorcerer, add 1 to the chosen figures attack as well.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that. Slight wording tweak (and putting the OM on the Magical Defense figure where it belongs, IMO):

LOYAL MANSERVANT
At the start of the game, choose a figure with the Magical Defense special power that you control. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen figure, before taking a turn with that figure, you may first take a turn with Wong. If the chosen figure is a Sorcerer, when Wong and the chosen figure are adjacent, both add 1 extra die to their attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I dig that version of Loyal Manservant better than the other. It reduces the chances of dead OM's, and a manservant follows not leads.

C3G team building links.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
LOYAL MANSERVANT
At the start of the game, choose a figure with the Magical Defense special power that you control. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen figure, before taking a turn with that figure, you may first take a turn with Wong. If the chosen figure is a Sorcerer, when Wong and the chosen figure are adjacent, both add 1 extra die to their attack.
I also like this version. Not only does the theme seem stronger and it works with Strange better, but it also adds more tactical decisions into whether or not to have Wong take wounds or not.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would rather see extra defense for Wong.
To me Strange is already one of the strongest designs. Your results may vary.
Bats version does have a certain eloquence.
It may create a bit of a weird combo if Nemesis the Warlock is ever released, but that is really no concern right now.
Up to Skeeter.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm in favor of Defense boosted on Wong, but I can see the Attack boost for the Magical Defense figure.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To me, though, boosting Wong's defense in that situation just adds strength to him as a damage soak. I think he does fine on that on his own, and I'd rather see him find some relevance offensively as well (especially because, like Viegon mentioned, it'll make you think twice when letting him take those extra wounds).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
C3G Campaign Manager

Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you all for your comments so far. I've enjoyed sitting back and reading all your suggestions over the past 24-hours.

It is pleasing to see that the design is moving forward along the trajectory of the original write-up. At the same time some amazing improvements have been suggested. I’ve substituted two of these ideas into this design:

NAME = WONG.

SECRET IDENTITY = .

SPECIES = Human.
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero.
CLASS = Monk.
PERSONALITY = Loyal.

SIZE/HEIGHT = 5.

LIFE = 4.

MOVE = 5.
RANGE = 1.
ATTACK = 3.
DEFENSE = 4.

POINTS = 100.

LOYAL MANSERVANT

KAN'S OATH

Anytime an adjacent figure with the Magical Defense special power rolls defense dice against an attack and would receive 1 or more wounds, you may instead choose to have Wong receive these wounds.

A Run-Down Of The Changes:

1) Wong’s class has changed to Monk, which I feel makes sense thematically.

2) The Loyal Manservant power has been changed to Bat’s version. It too is thematic, but also adds a degree of strategy to the design. I especially like how it strengthens the connection between Wong and a Sorcerer. The placement of the OM on the Magical Defense figure also strengthens the Manservant theme. I can understand the concern of others that this power makes Strange too strong. However, I feel that is thematic – Strange performs better with Wong around to help. Plus, at 4 defense and 4 life, Wong is not an insurmountable obstacle.

The other suggestion that has been discussed a bit was adding the Stealth Leap from the Shaolin Monks to Wong. Personally, I don’t think it is an iconic trait to this character and thus have not included it at this time. While I can understand the 'neat-o' factor of to having this monk match those monks, I’d rather build this design around who Wong is. However, if adding Super Leap gets enough support from others in the forum (who feel it adds enough in terms of game-play to be justified) I could go along with including it.

Again, thanks to all of you for your feedback. I look forward to reading any further ideas you may have.
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not concerned about making Strange too good - the power will just have to be built into his cost, same as any other. I'm happy with what you've got there entirely.
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

No need for Stealth Leap is it isn't thematic.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM

Love where this is at. I'm totally ready to see this get its initial once the first 48 hours expires here. Good stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library