Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 4th, 2020, 05:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Taeblewalker will be here today for my third game of Mezo, and for Nanty Narking. His second Heroes of Fiction Scape will be held on Sat. Jan. 14. And we'll be playing Mezo again on Sun Jan. 15. As a result of playing another board game, I've met a new Heroscaper too from upstate!

Mostly new board games recently acquired here at The Game Palace include:

Mezo
Swords and Sails
Hellenica: Story of Greece
Rurik: Dawn of Kiev
Star Wars Rebellion
Star Trek Ascendancy: Vulcan and Andorrian Expansions
Nanty Narking
Lift Off
Red Alert Quartermaster's Expansion
John Carter of Mars (The Role Playing Game)
Old January 10th, 2020, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The TaeblewalkerScape map for Saturday will be Jungle Pond by kriegskeks, using its single Astrid glyph. This will be his second Heroes of Fiction game, highlighting the custom cards from that design group.
Old January 14th, 2020, 05:37 AM

With K. on vacation, the three of us played Taeblewalker's second Heroes of Fiction game. The board was a very fun 3 Player design. For the armies used, see T.'s post on Other Board Games; What Games Are You Playing. Sherman Davies won.

SD will be running February's game, using his own well known Superhero designs--see his custom threads in Marvelscape for his many Marvel and DC cards for heroes and villains!
Old January 25th, 2020, 08:28 AM

We're looking to move our Scape games back to Wednesdays, since that's now more convenient, and gives me more Saturdays to schedule other games here at The Game Palace, where I've got more new games then ever before over the last few months.

K. is often missing in action when he goes south, as communication there is limited. If you see this, we're tentatively planning for Wed. Feb. 12 for Shermy's SuperScape game, but would like to hear from you about whether you'll be back by then!
Old February 9th, 2020, 06:57 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Back home! Don't know about Wednesdays, or 2/12 - yet, although breakfast sounds good. Is there a map/scenario yet?

Old February 10th, 2020, 06:09 AM

Finally! Does your regular email work so you can receive the scenario?

I should have it soon from SD (his supers). TW is coming the night before, and our West Coast irregular will be here at 9 AM. Breakfast then. Scape at 11 AM, because our pal has to fly back home later.

After Scape, we'll go into lower Manhattan for another board game around 6 PM, and I'll pick up the classic Merchants & Marauders, which some consider the best pirate game ever! I'll run it the following Wednesday eve there.

Chas
Old February 10th, 2020, 09:29 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Theoretically.

Old February 14th, 2020, 12:26 PM

Sherman Davies Scape: Avengers Endgame!

We battled it out using SDs famous Supers cards, Good vs Evil on his Avenger's Quinjet Field map with his great model of that airplane smack dab in the middle!

We used SD's Team Rule where anyone can add up to a total of two order markers on any team member.

Evil: Thanos, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron, Abomination, Tor-Kul-Na, Marro Grubs x2, Warriors, and Dividers x3.

Good: Thor, Hulk, Captain American, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, Hawkeye and Ant Man.

Team Evil won when, casualties growing large on both sides, Thanos finally returned to the game after being eliminated with Rejected By Death.

Kolakoski was not there, having just returned from a very long vacation. But our pal who moved out to the West Coast returned for a few days doing a job dropping by for brunch and a game, providing a fourth player.

Later our guest had to fly back home, and we three remaining played Nanty Narking. Then we went into Lower Manhattan to the Wednesday Night Game Group a friend runs there. TW played the new Oceans game with three others. SD and I with another gamer tried our first game of Risk Europe, which I put right up there with Risk 2210 AD as a game I will always play again! I came home with a loaner copy, but plan to get my own.

I also came home with a copy of Merchants & Marauders, which TW helped me inventory the next day. He's played it recently, but I haven't tried it out yet, and the plan is to do so next week.

Both new classics will be featured on my monthly Saturday Game Palace schedule for "Retro Game Month" here in March, along with Blood Rage and Alien Frontiers! All except Risk Europe will have new or newly reprinted expansions or extras for their March play! Anyone wanting to get on my mailing list can PM me here with their regular email, and I'll send the latest invite schedule for board games.

Next month we're up to the top of the NYCG4 Game Master Order again with Kolakoski as host.

Last edited by chas; February 15th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old February 14th, 2020, 08:55 PM

Well met!

For my next Hosting:

Wetwork

"I can't take it anymore!" Morgoloth was majestically wroth. "Kill the intruders! Make the water run red with their blood!"

The Map. Leakways and Creekways by killercactus (3 BftU, 21 additional water tiles), with the Power Glyphs removed.

The Armies. Anticipating the usual four player, two team format, the armies (one per player) are as follows:

Team Evil

140 Drow x 2
135 Wo-Sa-Ga
70 Brigand x 2
75 Cormin the Dark
60 Elaria the Pale
20 Marcu Esenwein
500, 13 spaces

160 Wolves of Badru x 2
140 Morgoloth
115 Ashi-Dhulu
80 Estivara
495, 9 spaces

Team Good

160 Shaolin Monks x 2
130 Master Lao Xin
75 Kha
70 Brigand x 2
60 Darrak Ambershard
495, 11 spaces

130 Armocs x 2
130 Kozil
120 Venoc Warlord
120 Tandros Kreel
500, 13 spaces

Last edited by kolakoski; February 16th, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old February 15th, 2020, 12:49 PM

Well met!

Armies were created to (1) include Brigands (and their associated Rogues) as the primary ranged units for both Teams, and (2) contain units that had some way to deal with Water - by Slither, Stealth Leap (regular and 25), Pounce Special Attack, Flying, Stealth Underground Movement & Devour from Beneath, and even Facade, and take advantage of Shadow - by Hide in Darkness.

Old February 16th, 2020, 10:42 AM

Well met!

Replaced Moriko, Elite Onyx Vipers, and Theracus with Kozil and Tandros Kreel.

Old February 16th, 2020, 02:01 PM

Well met!

With reference to my previous post:

Team Evil

140 Drow x 2
135 Wo-Sa-Ga
70 Brigand x 2
75 Cormin the Dark
60 Elaria the Pale
20 Marcu Esenwein
500, 13 spaces

160 Wolves of Badru x 2
140 Morgoloth
115 Ashi-Dhulu
80 Estivara
495, 9 spaces

Team Good

160 Shaolin Monks x 2
130 Master Lao Xin
75 Kha
70 Brigand x 2
60 Darrak Ambershard
495, 11 spaces

130 Armocs x 2
130 Kozil
120 Venoc Warlord
120 Tandros Kreel
500, 9 spaces

While looking for a map for my next Hosting, I came across Leakways and Creekways by killercactus. I'd been playing Rogues and Armocs during my custom testing in Jamaica, and this map struck me as a good one for both. As aforesaid, the armies for this scenario were created to (1) include Brigands (and their associated Rogues) as the primary ranged units for both Teams, and (2) contain units that had some way to deal with (or take advantage of) the map's terrain - all within the theme, i.e, medieval fantasy.

The core squads (and their related heroes) were set first (two per army, allowing for a greater variety of units than three), then the Rogues (each Team's Rogues being roughly balanced against the other's). Points not allocated to squads (and their related heroes) or Rogues were then allocated. I've always thought that Tandros Kreel was an ideal companion for the Rogues, as they tend to be offensively strong, but weak defensively.

As it happens, each army is such that Order Markers need only be placed on four Cards. I've endeavored to balance things, while maintaining an interesting and fun mix of units. Looking forward to game day!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion