Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 6th, 2006, 08:50 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tournament Predictions?

Ok so I know back on HQ at least once someone, can't remember who, once held a tournament online in which other members could see the participating teams and make their picks for who they thought would win. Then he played the tournament and gave points for correct predictions. I was new to HQ at the time of the tournament and thought it was a pretty cool idea and it seemed to generate a lot of response.

I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in this type of thing. The reason I ask is because I have a four day weekend coming up and my brother and I were going to play a 500pt tournament with 16 teams between ourselves just for fun and to see if we found some new combinations. I was wpndering if anyone would be interested in this kind of contest on the boards now.

I know the original tournament thing was held as a contest with the winner recieving some sort of prize, but I'm not sure of the response that this will recieve and on such short notice I can't put anything together. This one will NOT have a prize, but rather be just for fun. If all goes well then chances are I would do it again as a contest, or someone else could it doesn't matter.

If you would be interested in this type of thing and would like me to post the teams so you could make predictions and have a friendly competition for pride about knowing your heroscape things then please tell me so that I will post the teams up. Again this seemed to be something of much fun back on HQ and it generated a lot of speculation and talk about interesting combinations of units. I was hoping the same would happen here. So if you would be interested in predicting this tournament just say so and if enough people are i will post it and see what happens.
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:45 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ok I'm guessing this was not such a good idea based on the responses ....

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
How do you play online?

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:11 AM

You can through vassal, but for this it would be me and my brother playing and other online people prdicting the games outcome.

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:23 PM

Ok in case anybody care, or even if no one cares, I'm going to post the teams here now, and if nothing else I'll just give a battle report for what happened.

1. Anubian Wolves, Minions of Utgar, Omnicron Snipers, Brunak, Theracus, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

2. Guilty McCreech, Sholin Monks, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Tagawa Samurai, Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai

3. Blastitrons, Deathwalker 7000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 9000, Zettian Guards

4. Deathreavers, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, Su-Bak-Na, Krug

5. Sir Denrick, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior, Kelda the Kyrie Warrior, Concan the Kyrie Warrior, Sentinels of Jandar, Tarn Viking Warriors

6. Armoc Vipers, Venoc Vipers, Marro Warriors, Venoc Warlord, Jotun

7. Gladiatrons, Agent Carr, Krav Maga Agents, Nakita Agents, Microcorp Agents

8. Syvarris, Elite Onyx Vipers, Saylind the Kyrie Warrior, Mimring, Aubrien Archers

9. Venoc Vipers, Arrow Gruts, Deadeye Dan, Charos, Warriors of Ashra, Morsbane

10. Gorillinators, Major X17, Obsidian Guards, Braxas

11. Dumutef Guard, Nilfheim, Alastair MacDirk, Omnicron Snipers, MacDirk Warriors

12. Major Q9, Sudema, Retiarius, Parmeno

13. Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Finn the Viking Champion, Knights of Weston, 4th Massachusetts Line, Sgt. Drake Alexander, Crixus

14. Marro Drones x3, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Roman Archers, Dumutef Guard, Roman Legionnaries x2, Sacred Band

15. Ne-Gok-Sa, Roman Archers, Tornak, Swog Rider, Minions of Utgar, Blade Gruts x2, Arrow Gruts

16. Grimnak, Marraden Hounds, Deathstalkers, Obsidian Guards Blade Gruts, Me-Burq-Sa

And the randomly determined order of Battles is teams (if anyone has better names for the teams other than the numbers I'll change it)

6 vs 4
1 vs. 13
9 vs. 16
10 vs. 5
7 vs. 11
12 vs. 8
2 vs. 3
15 vs. 14

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Omega has disabled reputation
well i like the idea, i am gonna have to pick team 7, i love the agents, thanks for this hi1hi1hi1, i really want to see the results

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Old November 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
6 vs 4
I'm going with 6 here since the reavers and Taelord aren't a good fit for the rest of army 4.

Quote:
1 vs. 13
These are both pretty solid armies, either of which could make it to the end. I'm giving it to 13 though, which has some bonding as well as both Drake and Crixus.

Quote:
9 vs. 16
I'm going with 9. DED, Charos, and WoA will all shine against the predominantly melee army 16. They just need to make sure to send Charos up against Grimnak.

Quote:
10 vs. 5
Tough one - neither of these armies strikes me as very strong. I'll go with 5 because of Raelin, Sentinels, and Denrick, though Braxas is pretty strong on 10.

Quote:
7 vs. 11
Another tough call. The agents are really good, but Niflheim can rip them all up pretty well. I'll go with 7 on the balance due to the extra kick that engagement strike gives.

Quote:
12 vs. 8
Neither army seems very good here. 12 relies heavily on Q9 to win, as the other units are missing the allies needed to take advantage of their abilities. For this reason I'm giving it to team 8, though very lucky rolls with Q9 and/or Sudema could throw it the other way.

Quote:
2 vs. 3
Army 3 is *very* susceptible to counterstrike (yikes!) and the blastitrons are missing their gladiatron buddies making them pretty weak. I'm giving this one to team 2 in a blowout, despite the range disadvantage.

Quote:
15 vs. 14
These are both strong armies that should do pretty well. Army 14 has some points not utilized effectively due to the dumutef and sacred band without paramenio. I'm giving it to 15 due to more synergy between the units as well as more ranged options, though I expect them to have some difficulty against the roman legion - the minions might be the best counter here.
Old November 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM

Ok the first battle is scheduled to start tomorrow at around 5:00and the another one as soon as the first is over, I should have the full report for the first two battles up by tomorrow at around 8.

Old November 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Omega has disabled reputation
7 all the way, agents rock!

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega
Well I guess i know your pick for 7 vs. 11. What about the first two sinceI'll be playing them tomorrow.

Quote:
Well I guess i know your pick for 7 vs. 11. What about the first two sinceI'll be playing them tomorrow.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion