Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
I need help learning German

I am currently in German II is school, and I am doing badly in it (if you concider a B) bad. But, I only have that B through luck and a nice teacher, other than accually learning the language. I am asking some of these people who have learned the language for help on how to do better.

And for those who have to ask, my main problem is Vocab. I can understand sentence structure and all of that stuff. And the Der, Die, Das is a problem to, though I know it doesn't matter much (except make you look like an idiot)

It sucks too, because I lived in Germany for several years and never learned the language. A.K.A. one of my many regrets.

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I took German for a couple years in high school, but didn't do so well and don't remember much.

Wo Wonnst du?

Das ist gut bier

I don't really remember much, though I wasn't a great student anyway.

The best thing I suppose you could do is to appy yourself (unlike me) and try to find a classmate to practice with. I would guess that the more you use it, the easier it gets. Sorry I couldn't really be much help, but I had to chime in because not too many people take German in school, so I had to through in my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Das ist sehr gut Bier...

Which is ironic cause I hate Beer...

Though my dad has other stuff that I like...

Also for some reason I don't like it if it is under 120 proof...

Wow, really off topic. I hijacked my own thread

Old November 28th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I only know one sentence in German, and that's only because it's the only sentence my mom remembers after she went to Austria decades ago. It was one of the things they had to repeat a bunch of times in some conversational class or something.

Haben sie heute abend et waß for?

My spelling might be off, but this is something you should say to a hot german girl if you want to be polite, but later naughty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I only know one sentence in German, and that's only because it's the only sentence my mom remembers after she went to Austria decades ago. It was one of the things they had to repeat a bunch of times in some conversational class or something.

Haben sie heute abend et waß for?

My spelling might be off, but this is something you should say to a hot german girl if you want to be polite, but later naughty.

What does it mean?
I only know English, Japanese, and Russian...
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I took two years in high school and a year in college, but I don't have anyone to speak it with, so I don't remember much if I just try to pull it off the top of my head.

Der, die, das is a nightmare, though, because masculine, feminine, and neuter aren't always common sense on German words. You really just have to memorize them.

Along Jexik's lines, if you've got a cute waitress (not for kids):
Quote:
Ich möchte deine saftige Sahne.
...why are those always the first things you learn in foreign languages?

EDIT: @ Mindfreak - "Are you doing anything this evening?" or something along those lines.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I took two years in high school and a year in college, but I don't have anyone to speak it with, so I don't remember much if I just try to pull it off the top of my head.

Der, die, das is a nightmare, though, because masculine, feminine, and neuter aren't always common sense on German words. You really just have to memorize them.

Along Jexik's lines, if you've got a cute waitress (not for kids):
Quote:
...why are those always the first things you learn in foreign languages?

EDIT: @ Mindfreak - "Are you doing anything this evening?" or something along those lines.

Ohhhhhh...... Thanks Necro. +5 points.
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM

I'm not sure if that is right Necro

Haben is: to have

Sie can be: You, her, or they

Heute is: Today

Abend is: Afternoon

It is the rest of the sentence that I have trouble with, knowing it might be misspelled.

And that is a problem in German, if you don't know a small section of the sentence you cant tell what it is saying.

Though you could ___________* english

*say that about

Old November 28th, 2007, 10:46 PM

GeneralBeaner is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I looked up
Quote:
(text is in white, due to a risque German meaning)
On babel fish, and I laughed.

I'll write this in the most signified manner possible. Making crude or lame jokes on these are just pointless because of their insignificance.
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Yeah, as far as I know, Necroblade's interpretation is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBeaner
I looked up
Quote:
(text is in white, due to a risque German meaning)
On babel fish, and I laughed.
I was wondering what was in the quote, thanks for sharing.

*Now using Google Translator*

EDIT: I did, and that was WRONG!
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Jexik, I think you were trying for:

Haben Sie heute Abend etwas tun?

Haben = have
Sie = you
heute = today
Abend = evening
etwas = something
tun = to do

Have you today evening something to do? = Are you doing anything this evening?

EDIT:

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General