Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Game Night New Rule

I wanted to hear some feedback on our game. We played the other day with a little change in OM placement. Basically, in order to foster more synergy, we played were you cannot place more than one OM on a card. Once you have only two cards, you may place an extra marker then. When down to one card, you may place all markers there.

It made everyone move more figures out in the field, no one figure dominated markers and still allowed a lone survivor a fighting chance by having multiple markers on him. It also avoided the "homing missile" problem with regular MS where a figure takes all the OMs and gets played until death, then another and so on one at a time. It also felt more like teams of heroes having to divide up the markers. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I realize it can be broken or something bad could have been overlooked.

Suggestions, comments, tomatoes?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
Re: Game Night New Rule

I like it! Obviously not for every game, but it would make things interesting. The one downside is Red Skull. I always load him down with order markers and move everyone else. But other than that, it's a very cool rule!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Tomatoes from me. I don't think that it is "bad"; I just wouldn't want to play the game that way. I can see how it would shake things up, but I don't think it really serves that much of a purpose or fills a need. There's a risk/reward element to putting all order markers on one card early in the game. It removes it from even being a possibility.
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've tried something like this once, it's an ok idea I think. I've got quite a few custom x-men and batman heroclix figs and this Easter weekend we tried a new idea out to help the move one fig at a time problem. Here it is.

Team cards- When we picked out our armies we also had the option of using these. There were 3 types- 2 person team card, 3 person team card, and 4 person team card. The rules were that you could place unique heroes into a team using a team card; allowing them to function like a squad with each member taking one turn per order marker. 2 unique heroes could be placed in a 2 man team, 3 in a 3 man team, and 4 in a 4 man team. The catch with using these team cards is that they cost points. We used the following which we found to be fair and simple enough to figure out.

2 person team card- 1/2 of team members points
3 person team card- team members points
4 person team card- 1.5x team members points

So if you had a 200 and 180 point figure and placed them in a team you would add 100(1/2 of the 200 point figure) and 90(1/2 of the 180 point figure) to your total drafting cost for a total of 570 points. Place these same figures in a 3 person team however and it would cost their full card value. This way the more expensive the figure combo in your team the higher the price. There's no limit to how many teams you could make in a single game as long as the points fit. Making teams also left us able to leave one figure out to be clean up when the enemies teams were broken. The different combinations of army builds was greatly improved as well.

Hope this was easily understood. It worked out really well for my games. Some cards with reveal order marker on the powers need to be read a bit differently due to OM placement going to the team card, but we had no problems with it. Hope somebody else can use this idea.
Old April 17th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

The one draw back to this that I see is that it effectively cripples Red Skull.
Old April 17th, 2009, 03:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Not to mention that part of playing Heroscape is understanding the game's tempo and knowing how to move your army together as a cohesive unit. My group hasn't really experienced that "homing missile" tendency since we first started playing.
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

Well for MarvelScape purposes only. Heroscape units are another story, but in a game where it is only 1 unit at a time moving then the game can kind of become "whos got the best missiles". I was one of the participants in the game that Sweetcurse is talking about.

Anyway, there was 4 of us playing and it was 2v2. All of us were using this method and it did seem to work out pretty well. I believe that you can still use this method even with Red Skull. Just propose that when putting all order markers on Red Skull that when you take a turn with another figure instead you cannot use the same one twice but this still gives you the ability to move whichever one you want to first. There are some brokeness possiblities but all in all if you play together and every one has to do it then it really isn't limiting anything.

Also playing in this manner is just as strategic IMO, if not more strategy has to be used. Who to attack with first and what is your opponent going to do since his order markers are spread out instead of seeing 3 markers on Hulk and the X on Ironman.

Again, this way of playing is actually really only useful in a squadless game.

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think a better answer is to just not play Marvel as a squadless game.
But, then, I'm a mixer, I'll admit it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:25 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

We were using my customs... um not the ones posted on this site... Reminds me I need to update them....

I have to admit that I haven't played a mixed game ever.... Ok I lie a little bit. Before the Marvel Figures came out we did proxy them with other Heroscape Figures... Captain America's stand in is Drake.

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed, works only in heroes only games. I see what others are saying about knowing when to stack OMs on someone but I still like it better this way. It felt like a more solid, more strategic game.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:44 AM

Antifascist is surprisingly tart

This might also be something to consider doing when you are playing against someone who is new to all Heroscape, Marvel or otherwise, in order to handicap the game in favor of the newbie. There's nothing like mowing down someone quickly to convince them to never play a game again.
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:48 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tomatoes!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion