Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 11/6 - Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Look at it from the person controlling Iron Man's point of view.

Your card doesn't specify "unrevealed". Therefore, if I'm playing Iron Man, I'm going to shuffle my revealed and unrevealed Order Markers on Iron Man's card and let you pick one of them.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Without the clause, that's the way it should be played.
Ah, I see what the confusion is stemming from. When we play, there's no shuffling of the order markers. If the Surfer picks an order marker to remove "at random," which is what the card says, the player just randomly picks one of the remaining unrevealed markers. There's no need for Iron Man's player to shuffle markers which are already hidden from his opponent. Besides, even if the word "unrevealed" wasn't included, flipping up the revealed marker(s) and shuffling them in with the rest doesn't seem like how the power was intended to work.

Regardless, I'll be adding the word in later - this has been interesting, but it makes no difference to me one way or the other.
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Look at it from the person controlling Iron Man's point of view.

Your card doesn't specify "unrevealed". Therefore, if I'm playing Iron Man, I'm going to shuffle my revealed and unrevealed Order Markers on Iron Man's card and let you pick one of them.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Without the clause, that's the way it should be played.
Ah, I see what the confusion is stemming from. When we play, there's no shuffling of the order markers. If the Surfer picks an order marker to remove "at random," which is what the card says, the player just randomly picks one of the remaining unrevealed markers. There's no need for Iron Man's player to shuffle markers which are already hidden from his opponent. Besides, even if the word "unrevealed" wasn't included, flipping up the revealed marker(s) and shuffling them in with the rest doesn't seem like how the power was intended to work.

Regardless, I'll be adding the word in later - this has been interesting, but it makes no difference to me one way or the other.
This is how I see it as well, it's pick a marker without knowing what it is.
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Any reason for the lime green banner? Is that really a form of yellow?
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

It's what yellow looks like in GreyOwl's tools. There's also a bright yellow, but I never use it for the banner as white text is impossible to read on it.

Since I posted my Wolverine custom in your thread, Mr. Helm, I suppose I might as well post him here as well and interrupt my Sinister Syndicate theme:

Old November 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 11/6 - Wolverine

Yeah, it was really hard to get a good yellow that you could also read white text on. I have on that looks yellow, but the text has to be black. The other looks okay with white text, but is a weird shade of yellow. If anyone can find me a color sample of a good yellow, I can make a version of it.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It's what yellow looks like in GreyOwl's tools. There's also a bright yellow, but I never use it for the banner as white text is impossible to read on it.
He also had blue on his suit you could have used that. I find this yellow looks ok & white is still readable: e1c400

Cheers
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Is there a mustard yellow you could use?

And by the way Sherman, as always, I like your take on things. funny how you and I have some pretty similar customs sometimes. Maybe it's our NY roots... maybe its our refusal to pack in every ability possible for each card, or maybe we're just lazier than other custom creators.

Anyway, I think the guy is going to heal an awful lot. If he has 5 wounds on his card at the end of the round, he has an 80% chance of cutting it back to 2 wounds. That's pretty darn good. I think you may be in a similar boat in that he's going to be real difficult to take out. But then again, relatively slow mover, no range, and the need to keep some of the Wounds on him to get the Berserker Rage should keep him in check.

By the way, I went with 6 move instead of 5 to allow the even number. In heavy snow, slippery ice, or elevation changes, I figured that Wolverine should be able to get to that extra space whether it be due to leaping or climbing. Since he can't fly and will likely outlast most figures to be left in a game with fliers, I think he needed it.

Just a thought.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I will give that one a try.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
And by the way Sherman, as always, I like your take on things. funny how you and I have some pretty similar customs sometimes. Maybe it's our NY roots... maybe its our refusal to pack in every ability possible for each card, or maybe we're just lazier than other custom creators.
Probably all three, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Anyway, I think the guy is going to heal an awful lot. If he has 5 wounds on his card at the end of the round, he has an 80% chance of cutting it back to 2 wounds. That's pretty darn good. I think you may be in a similar boat in that he's going to be real difficult to take out. But then again, relatively slow mover, no range, and the need to keep some of the Wounds on him to get the Berserker Rage should keep him in check.
Yeah, I hesitated at making the number as low as a 10, but I figured that Logan's defining characteristic is being an ornery, hard-to-kill thug, so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. All the points you brought up will hopefully keep him in check. Plus, he only gets to roll at the end of the round, so some concentrated attacks can take him out before he gets a chance to heal. His relative lack of mobility can also really hurt him - if you're shooting at him across a river, you have little to fear from the Canucklehead, unless of course Colossus is around to toss Wolvie across the river.
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
He also had blue on his suit you could have used that. I find this yellow looks ok & white is still readable: e1c400

Cheers
Here you go, as requested! I also added this to my Customizing Tools post and the zip file in there.

Old November 7th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a great Wolverine figure, Sherman! As much as I tend to prefer the tan and brown Wolvie suit myself, I might have to push for us to use that one when the time comes in the C3G.
Personally, I prefer Wolverine's healing as a slow auto heal thing - there's really no chance involved in his healing, it's reliable as anything, but if you let it work too fast, you'll never kill him. Basically something like after moving, before attacking, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. That way he always gets to use the healing, but never so much at once.
I can see you guys prefer D20 options, though. It just never seems right to tie his ability to heal to chance to me though. That'd be like only letting him use his claws if he can roll high enough on the D20 first.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's a great Wolverine figure, Sherman! As much as I tend to prefer the tan and brown Wolvie suit myself, I might have to push for us to use that one when the time comes in the C3G.
I prefer the tan and brown myself, but the Heroclix figure for that suit is too pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Personally, I prefer Wolverine's healing as a slow auto heal thing - there's really no chance involved in his healing, it's reliable as anything, but if you let it work too fast, you'll never kill him. Basically something like after moving, before attacking, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. That way he always gets to use the healing, but never so much at once.
My earliest draft of Wolvie worked like you describe, but Matt Helm and his clever idea of tying it to his wound markers tempted me to mess around with it. I see the logic of having it work slowly and surely, but then it might not heal him fast enough to represent how effective it can be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations