Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 9th, 2006, 11:48 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
HS video Game?

do you think that HS will ever be made into a console videogame? If it was wouldn't it be cool?!?

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
At first I thought it would make a great game... but from a marketing point, if they had a video game of HeroScape a lot of potential new players, would likely just buy the video game and not buy the board game...
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:05 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
No. One of Heroscape's biggest appeal is the tactile nature of the figures and especially the terrain. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't make an internet version of it and have an A.I. to play against, but I don't see it working as a major console title. I think it's been said on this forum before that one of the terrain building engines can be remade into a full-blown game, and I hope someone makes that work. But I don't see it as a console game, or even a major PC release.
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Personally, I think it would be awesome. No matter what genre, no matter what, it'd be awesome.

No argument.
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:40 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
i think i would be cool to pick a kyrie that goes with a general and have them as the main charecter. That kyrie would then, before each battle, choose teamates who cost points, you get points by winning. And of course there would be a level editor. what do you think?

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 10th, 2006, 10:23 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
If anything, I think that a Heroscape video game would be better as a action/fighting game with some tactical elements to it, rather than to just transfer the board game to a video game.

Old December 10th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
If anything, I think that a Heroscape video game would be better as a action/fighting game with some tactical elements to it, rather than to just transfer the board game to a video game.
Maybe a Real-Time Strategy game? Choose a General, build an army out of commons and 1 Unique per battle, and go to war!
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Me and my Hero-scape-playing-freind [ he's not on these boards] have disscussed this A LOT. It would make a fun video-game but then hasbro might turn away from the oringinal board game. So for the futer of heroscape, no it will not be a video game.

FINISH HIM!
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM

Pheonix~flame~kyrie has disabled reputation
I think It would be perfect if you could have an option to play an exact replica of a heroshape game, terrain and all. A story mode would be cool, one for each general, as a main charecter and an AI controlled squad to go with it. e.g.

Jandar:
Sir Denrick and his knights

Ullar:
Venoc warlord and the Armocs

Utgar
Tornak and blade gruts

Vydar
Agent carr and the Nakitas, or other agents, I just like the Nakitas

Einar
Marcus and IX leigion

I tried to make everything bonding, but as you can see, vydar does not have a very good selection for bonding, so the agents can just tag along behind! I think a game could work, but only if it was really up to everyone's standards. Think of this: how cool could this game get on the wii? Atually moving your figs around with a flick of the wrist? Oh, and that wii idea was totally biased!

Old December 10th, 2006, 12:49 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
I think it would be cool. The Final Fantasy series has Final Fantasy Tactics, and while I'm not very good at it and it had a steep learning curve, it was fun. For those who aren't familiar with it, it uses themes from the series in a chess board-like almost heroscape-like terrain areas. Each character has limits to power, abilities, and movement. The player moves all its pieces according to the movement costs, etc then the computer moves its pieces and battles insue if applicable. Once a player clears that level he will move to the next level and so on. I couls see a Heroscape game working very like that.

"Be of good courage..."
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
A mod for HS could "easily" be made over the top of any of the "Heroes of Might and Magic" games. Most, if not all, of the "figures" exist there in one form or another.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
Being a former M:tg player, I loved the game, but the transition to videogame blew. I hated it tremendously and did not take to the translation at all. I think with Heroscape, however, a RTS would not be that bad of an idea. I don't think it will take away from the board game as the M:tg videogame didn't. If anything, I think a good transition, with a good map building system for online or multiplayer play, multiple scenarios such as capture the flag, and good CG or 3d cut scenes for a main story would not only please us(HS fans), but I think it would introduce this game to a broader audience that might not have picked it up off the shelf due to the $40 pricetag. I think if there was truley a serious thought put into it with a good developer they would double their board player base. But thats just my opinion

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion