Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 19th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Re: Worse luck EVER in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Some players tend to win more than others, despite the dice. Some players win a *lot* more than others, despite the dice. Countless tournament reports are proof of that.

People can house rule whatever the heck they want, of course.

Now shake hands and go your separate ways.

/sheesh
Thank you! That's what I've been saying.

How do you become a Moderator anyway? Just curious...
Old July 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Fairy dust.*

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 19th, 2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: * newt's noses, rhinoceros hoof, chicken teeth, stir with a wooden spoon, drink through an aluminum foil straw. ;)
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Fairy dust.*
You can call it "dust" if you wish, but I found it damper than that, more like snot. <grin>
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My worst luck? Losing 16 of 18 games to my brother.

We're pretty even players, and tend to split wins, but I just had a terrible streak of luck. Prime example: brother was running Knights+Nilf, I had Stingers+SBN, he brought Nilf out swinging and I managed to get TWO wounds on him while he iced through 4 squads and SBN.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

We're pretty even players, and tend to split wins, but I just had a terrible streak of luck. Prime example: brother was running Knights+Nilf, I had Stingers+SBN, he brought Nilf out swinging and I managed to get TWO wounds on him while he iced through 4 squads and SBN.
Sounds like my brother and I.
I always have the hardest time beating him when we play. I lose to him about 8 out of 10 matches (not joking).
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

Sounds like my brother and I.
I always have the hardest time beating him when we play. I lose to him about 8 out of 10 matches (not joking).
Ouch. At least my bad run wasn't a permanent condition-in the 40 games before and the 20 games since that streak we're probably each at about 30 wins and 30 losses. I dunno what happened...

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

One of my most epic struggles against the spiteful dice gods...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
...and if they do, why do they hate me so much?

I used a Fire Elemental army last night with Kurrok. With that army there are two abilities that use the d20- Searing Intensity for the Fire Elementals (14 or higher) and Summon Elementals for Kurrok (11 or higher).
All I can say is… arghhh!

After the first few fails I started keeping track.
Out of 36 attempts I rolled successfully… once. Yes, once.

Now, how could I possibly roll 36 times in a game you may ask? Well, my friend felt so sorry for me he let me reroll multiple times… and then he would laugh.

Not only did I succeed only once, but I rolled a “1” eleven times out of those 36 attempts, eleven times, one time I rolled a “1” three times in a row followed by a “4” three times in a row!

I don’t know how to do statistics or probabilities but this has to be outside the realm of those things and within the realm of the spiteful dice gods.

However, this was all to be expected…
My friends have, in the past, had so much pity on my dice rolling that when I have needed a certain number of shields for a hero to not be destroyed they have actually let me “fix” my roll. For example, when I would need 3 shields to survive they would let me place two dice with shields showing and roll the rest of the dice for the third shield just so they could laugh, and laugh they did- almost every time.

So, do you think the dice gods exist?

Epilogue:
Once the game was over, I rolled the d20 three times to show my wife how spiteful the dice gods are- I rolled a 15 or higher all three times
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
One of my most epic struggles against the spiteful dice gods...
Quote:
...and if they do, why do they hate me so much?

I used a Fire Elemental army last night with Kurrok. With that army there are two abilities that use the d20- Searing Intensity for the Fire Elementals (14 or higher) and Summon Elementals for Kurrok (11 or higher).
All I can say is… arghhh!

After the first few fails I started keeping track.
Out of 36 attempts I rolled successfully… once. Yes, once.

Now, how could I possibly roll 36 times in a game you may ask? Well, my friend felt so sorry for me he let me reroll multiple times… and then he would laugh.

Not only did I succeed only once, but I rolled a “1” eleven times out of those 36 attempts, eleven times, one time I rolled a “1” three times in a row followed by a “4” three times in a row!

I don’t know how to do statistics or probabilities but this has to be outside the realm of those things and within the realm of the spiteful dice gods.

However, this was all to be expected…
My friends have, in the past, had so much pity on my dice rolling that when I have needed a certain number of shields for a hero to not be destroyed they have actually let me “fix” my roll. For example, when I would need 3 shields to survive they would let me place two dice with shields showing and roll the rest of the dice for the third shield just so they could laugh, and laugh they did- almost every time.

So, do you think the dice gods exist?

Epilogue:
Once the game was over, I rolled the d20 three times to show my wife how spiteful the dice gods are- I rolled a 15 or higher all three times
Not dice gods, per say, but we (that is me and my family) believe in the genie whenever it comes to dice games. Bad game of Yahtzee..."Oh Genie, where art thou?" (mime flicking genie off shoulder). Bad game of Heroscape...."Oh Genie?!" (promptly throw genie out window).
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Fairy dust.*
You can call it "dust" if you wish, but I found it damper than that, more like snot. <grin>
Snot funny!

(PUN INTENDED!)

Obviously, my humor has a lot to be desired, but hey; it's early. I'll catch on.

I hope.

Or everything will blow up...
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Ah, yes, variance.

Some units have more variance than others. Play them or not, it's up to you. I suppose Wytefang might be drawn to lower-variance units - squads of knights, say - where other players might not be. That's not a flaw in the game, though, that's a design feature.

And Wytefang is of course free to house rule however he wants to reduce variance even further.
(dradle,dradle,dradle....)

Couldn't help it. You have to admit that the image of Star Wars Miniatures attached to battlin' tops would be funny.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

I rolled four times for a Chilling Touch on Syvarris and my highest roll was 4...I hate the dice gods more than I hate the hockey gods.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General