Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
Why is it called rejected by death??????
Well, in the comics, Death is a person (well, an entity), and a female (sometimes). Thanos is in love with her, and they have an off-and-on relationship... sometimes, they're in love, sometimes, she hates and REJECTS him.
Because she loves Deathwalker 9000 instead.
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:23 PM

Striker has disabled reputation
I checked it out and Thanos Killed half the people in the universe to make death happy and she got mad because it off set the balance of the universe

The mans soul may live for the body, but the Machine within always controls.

WAHAHAHAHA!
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:05 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
Why is it called rejected by death??????
Death is a woman in the Marvel Universe that Thanos is madly in love with. Thanos became omnipotent and killed half the life in the universe to prove his devotion, but death turned him away.

Later they reconciled after Thanos stood outside her door with a boombox for a week playing their favorite song. All was well until Death caught Thanos with her sister. That rolled an easy 20 and she threw him back to the curb and in the land of the living once more.

At least, that's what we say happens when we use him.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

Here's the quote from 2nd Edition p.14 that describes destroying a figure:
"When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any Order Markers that are on that card for that round of play. On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card."
To me, this implies that you can have order markers on an inactive card. If not, then it seems to me that they would have said "Remove any Order Markers..." instead of "Do not reveal any Order Markers..." It's clear that, once a card is out of play, having turn markers on and taking turns with an army card are not one and the same. So, I think it follows that, since having turn markers on an out-of-play card doesn't imply taking turns with that card, you should be able to place turn markers on an out-of-play card.
Except that the reason you're not supposed to reveal order markers is to keep your opponent from seeing what order things were placed. It keeps things fair. Besides, after that round you do remove the order markers, and I'd agree with Killercactus that you can't place order markers on a card that's not in play.
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

Here's the quote from 2nd Edition p.14 that describes destroying a figure:
"When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any Order Markers that are on that card for that round of play. On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card."
To me, this implies that you can have order markers on an inactive card. If not, then it seems to me that they would have said "Remove any Order Markers..." instead of "Do not reveal any Order Markers..." It's clear that, once a card is out of play, having turn markers on and taking turns with an army card are not one and the same. So, I think it follows that, since having turn markers on an out-of-play card doesn't imply taking turns with that card, you should be able to place turn markers on an out-of-play card.
Except that the reason you're not supposed to reveal order markers is to keep your opponent from seeing what order things were placed. It keeps things fair. Besides, after that round you do remove the order markers, and I'd agree with Killercactus that you can't place order markers on a card that's not in play.
How is it unfair to anybody to place order markers on one of your own inactive cards? It's not unfair to your opponent, because it's now easier for him to divine your order marker placement. Maybe it's unfair to you, except that you chose to take a risk and potentially waste a turn-- that's not unfair, that's just gambling. There's a lot of gambling going on in Heroscape.

The key sentence, I think, is this: "On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card." Well, I could place 15 order markers on an inactive card and it wouldn't make any difference-- I still couldn't take any turns with that card. Why? Because there aren't any figures from that army card on the board. If placing turn markers on an inactive card doesn't allow you to actually take turns with that army card, then it seems to me you're still working within the rules when you do so.
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Which is why this debate seems pointless anyhow - if you can't take a turn, you can't roll for Rejected by Death, so it wouldn't even help you there to have markers on inactive cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Which is why this debate seems pointless anyhow - if you can't take a turn, you can't roll for Rejected by Death, so it wouldn't even help you there to have markers on inactive cards.
So is it your opinion that if Thanos has 3 markers on his card for a round, but dies before taking his first turn, that the player would not be able to roll for his Rejected by Death power any time during that round? I think that if you can do it during the round he dies, then you should be able to do it during subsequent turns.

EDIT: Actually, I think the situation has more to do with when you put, say, turn marker 3 on Thanos Card and 1 and 2 on other cards you're using. The gambit is that, if Rejected by Death is rolled successfully while another card is taking a turn that round, then Thanos would be able to take a turn that round if a turn marker has been placed on his card. So it's not really about whether or not you can roll for Rejected by Death when Thanos' card is inactive and he still has a turn marker on him.
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I would say you could never roll when your turn marker is on a dead card, since you need to be able to take a turn to roll.
But, yes, you're right about what the debate is really about. I personally think it'd be silly to put turn markers on a dead card, but I haven't seen anyone here produce a reason why you can't (just why you shouldn't).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I would say you could never roll when your turn marker is on a dead card, since you need to be able to take a turn to roll.
Is there an official ruling on that? I always figured taking a turn was like moving-- even if you don't or can't move, you can still use powers that refer to moving (like "before moving, you may..."). So, if in situations where you can't move (say you're surrounded by enemy forces, or if you're stuck in a cyber-claw) you can still use special powers that refer to moving, then I would assume that you can still use powers that refer to taking a turn, even if you can't literally take a turn.
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Don't know if this has been discussed, yet, but.....

Kee-Mo-Shi’s Toxic Skin states “After Attacking” does that mean that she can choose to not attack and she won’t have to roll for Toxic Skin (for example, if she has friendly figures adjacent to her)?
Nice try! No, Kee-Mo-Shi will still have to roll for Toxic Skin even if she chooses not to attack. The note of “after attacking” is just to tell you where during your turn you “must” roll for it. Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking” it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack), it is only a note of when that special power would take effect during that figures turn. Kee-Mo-Shi always rolls for Toxic Skin.

Maybe it doesn't matter when you roll for "Rejected." I'm not sure if this changes anything, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. We all need something to ponder, eh?
Old September 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM

That's pretty much how I see it.
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We just got an official answer in about markers on dead cards. Not sure if doing this on Thanos could ever be a good move, but here you go for the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdozs
Official Answer from Hasbro that I just recieved today.

1. Can a Vikings spirit be placed on a card that has not been activated ie; the Airborne Elite or the Retchets?

Yes, it’s any unique army card, yours or your opponents, on the battlefield, or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Can an order marker be placed onto a card that has not been activated ?

By activated you mean placed on the board right? The answer is yes, you can place an order marker on a figure that is not on the board, either because they are destroyed, or not called yet. HOWEVER. You do not get to use any of the special powers on that Army Card if the order marker is turned over and they are not on the board.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's