Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 25th, 2019, 09:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I like getting grid of "if that Hero was not previously placed with Last Will" so that you could take a turn with the same hero twice - once for each Lantern Geist. This way you could use them mid-game, or are we just making these cleanup figures only after you already have 2 heroes dead. Also maybe give them crazy defense (4-5 plus Insubstantial 2-3) so that they can be almost guaranteed 2 turns once you bring them out.
Since it is limited to two figures (give or take reviving one with a glyph), I don't think that would be terrible. However, it does kind of fly in the face of Last Will to use the same hero multiple times. Not that the power name is set in stone yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
For Viking and Wolf Spirits, we have to figure out if there's a difference between placing them with their own Spirit power (bonus) and Last Will (possibly no bonus). Either way it seems they'd be eligible to be removed from the card for a free turn (meaning a Spirit could get to the Geists after being destroyed anywhere on the board, not just within 4 spaces, which has a certain thematic connection at least). Once that's figured out, taking them off the card means the card is no longer getting a bonus. When they're destroyed by Last Will, they can then go on any card again to provide a bonus.
I agree with this interpretation, but more I'm concerned about whether this interaction is too complex for a decently common power. We won't be seeing kids picking this up in the stores anymore, but I'd prefer to avoid needing anyone to look up a R&C clarifying these steps if they pick up our set and Rise of the Valkyrie or one of the expansions.
I don’t think this is too much of a stretch - once you actually sit down and logic out the sequence of events gets its obvious. But I do share your concern. I don’t know if there’s a better solution, though.
I think it mostly ends up being a case of "do what the card says, not what it doesn't say." Since Last Will just says to remove the hero without caring about how it got there, Vikings, etc. would work fine whether they came via the Geists' power or their own.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 29th, 2019, 08:24 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Last Will as written in the OP.

For stats, I like 2A 5D the most. 5D gives them enough defense to survive to use Last Will.

Are we ok to send this to editing? End of turn concerns aside, I see no reason why we should not use the C3V/SoV precedent for end of turn powers being triggered in the order the player wishes, as AotV is meant to be an extension of their canon anyways.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:32 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think we're pretty settled on 5M and 2A. Defense needs to be decided between 4 and 5. We also need a definitive name and ballpark on points. Right now I'd say 40-50 depending on Defense.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:34 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I came up with Honored Soulguides, so I’m still a fan of that.
Old June 30th, 2019, 01:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

My thoughts on the name haven't changed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I was researching suitable Norse-inspired names, but I'm not finding many compelling options. My favorite so far is Huginn and Muninn, Odin's two ravens that represent him sending his mind and thought out into the world, but it's not a perfect name in the way that I would like. Valkyries were known to carry warriors on to the afterlife, but that is hardly a naming option for HeroScape's version of Valhalla.

I think that we might be better off with just keeping Honored Soulguides (or even something like Ancestral Guides or some other variation) rather than trying to link it to the actual Valhalla. I'm fine with keeping the name Honored Soulguides as the final name if it doesn't bother anyone.
I think that 5 or 4 defense should be decided pending playtesting. I'm more inclined to start at 4 and only bump it up if they're proving that the fragility is too much of a problem, although I think that 5D would necessitate a higher price point than the 50-ish range. 50 points with 4D is where I would suggest we start at.
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:42 PM

Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Design

I'm OK with the name (what do you think of adding the hyphen?) and starting 4D/50 points.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I’d have to see the Hypen on the card first, but I have no issues with it right now.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 7th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not really a fan of the hyphen, but I'm not terribly opposed to it either. I'd be fine with whatever looks best on the card.
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is a really novel design.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 10th, 2019, 01:13 AM

Thanks for the bump, caps.

Are we comfortable with formally sending this to Editing?
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:12 AM
I could go

I am. Let’s do it

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This is a really novel design.
Agreed. Very unique thematic direction.

Make that a formal vote @Astroking112 and it's a yea from me.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; August 11th, 2019 at 09:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs