Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:05 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Glyphs

Here's a thread for organizing our ideas for HoME glyphs.

I pulled the initial list from the Discussion thread on Elven Rings of Power + my other thoughts on glyphs. If you have another glyph idea or change to a power suggestion, let me know on this thread and I'll update the OP.

Power Glyphs

Treasure Glyphs

The One Ring
Powers
  • Invisibility
Ideas
  • No Hit Zones

Narya
Powers
  • Inspire Others
  • Power over Fire
  • Worn by Gandalf
Ideas
  • Boost Initiative (but very similar to Dagmar)
  • Fire Special Attack. Range 5, Attack 3. Perhaps modify the attack based on the target? Like it's stronger against Maiar?

Nenya
Powers
  • Protect / Shield an Area
  • Worn by Galadriel
Ideas
  • +1 Defense to all friendly figures within 4 clear sight spaces

Vilya
Powers
  • Power Over Elements, Particularly Water (Re: Sending River after Nazgul)
  • Healing / Preserving
  • Worn by Elrond
Ideas
  • Special Attack on Figures in Water Space
  • Any friendly hero who ends their turn adjacent to the bearer of this glyph may remove one wound.

Mithril Armor
Powers
  • Blocks enemy weapons
  • Very light
Ideas
  • Defense +2 for a Small/Medium Hero
Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:07 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Glyphs

[Reserved]
Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:10 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like these, treasure glyphs are fun and under used in my opinion. I'm assuming that we wouldnt have glyphs for iconic weapons like Anduril or Sting just because we would build them into specific characters instead.

Though for the one ring I would suggest more than invisibility. I'd like to include either an aspect of Betrayl to your opponent OR just an aspect of the ring betraying the holder, destroying them and dropping on the ground. I feel like it should also impart power to the holder, it's a dangerous and powerful artifact, if it wasn't capable if giving you power then I dont think it would tempt as many people as easily as it did.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'm assuming that we wouldnt have glyphs for iconic weapons like Anduril or Sting just because we would build them into specific characters instead.
This has been a point of contention, actually. I would prefer to make these treasure glyphs so we have more room to give the characters more thematic abilities. We can then make the treasure glyphs part of a scenario pool, or even put points on them for drafting in scenarios.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:47 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about a "start with the glyph of blank on this character".
Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think starting with a treasure glyph feels like more of a scenario based thing. Detracts from the figure but that's subjective opinion.
Old June 8th, 2020, 07:46 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

The ideas for the glyphs on top are great. I my opinion the weapons and artifacts that each fellowship have, they need to be implemented in the game as a glyph.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 9th, 2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'm assuming that we wouldnt have glyphs for iconic weapons like Anduril or Sting just because we would build them into specific characters instead.
This has been a point of contention, actually. I would prefer to make these treasure glyphs so we have more room to give the characters more thematic abilities. We can then make the treasure glyphs part of a scenario pool, or even put points on them for drafting in scenarios.
I was talking more about building them into the Stats of a figure, I feel that a lot can be communicated through their standard numbers without the need for an ability. I'm not opposed to them showing up as glyphs though.
Old June 10th, 2020, 08:45 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

For example I think that the "one ring" should be a glyph and in contrast make figures like Froddo, Bilbo, Gollum, Sauron, etc have powers around that glyph. This powers could affect the figure or benefit them, depending on the figure.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs